Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I am pretty sure all (maybe just most?) non-AKC dog agility shows are explicitly open to mutts?

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Bold strategy, being a woman and calling a 16 year old boy a oval office for being completely in the right about literal bleeding vaginas. Ringing that oval office bell without a second thought to for whom it tolls.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for Refusing to Get a Birthday Gift for a Dead Child?

quote:

So I(21F) have been really struggling recently. I got fired from my job 8 months ago and haven't been able to find anywhere else that could hire me because of my disability. I have a 3 year old daughter and her father(Who my daughter has never met) got arrested in December and so I don't get any more financial support. We are currently just moving into different Airbnb's because my college dorms are closed and I doubt I'd be able to live there anyway with a child. My parents have offered to take my daughter but refuse to let me stay with them(They kicked me out when I turned 18) and I'm not gonna go let my daughter live 8 hours away from me.

Well my sisters daughter had been sick for a long time with a heart condition. I had never met her but I heard about her a lot. She was able to get a heart transplant [/spoiler]but her body rejected the heart and she passed away last week[/spoiler]. Yesterday was her 6th birthday. My parents decided to send gifts like they would have done if she was still here like a Barbie or dress. My parents called me and asked if I had sent her a gift yet and I said I really can't right now, my mom started screaming at me over the phone and called me a lot of mean words, saying I don't care about my niece and my sister.

I'm not sure if I would be able to send them a gift even if she was alive. I said to my mom I could send her something small like a little ball or something but she told me that was disrespectful. So far my sister hasn't said anything to me and I'm not even sure if she will like my parents doing that. I feel so bad for her and I'm willing to support her anyway she needs but in my current situation I'm struggling to feed my own child and I don't think I should prioritize sending a gift to my sister that she may not even want over feeding and clothing my own child. AITA?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Soylent Pudding posted:

What the gently caress. I hope they get counseling ASAP.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Soylent Pudding posted:

Happy birthday to your dead child, we're going to go out of our way to remind you that she isn't in your life anymore!

gently caress these parents. In the sister's situation I would be horrified and mortified if my parents did that.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Now that's just about as fake as a month of Tuesdays. Here's my penance:

AITA for not changing my wedding date after my ex-girlfriend informed me she was getting married that day as well?

quote:

Hey everyone I’ll make this short. My fiancée (24F) and I (31M) are having a small wedding ceremony in July. I just found out that my ex girlfriend (28F) is also getting married on the same day (we broke up about two years ago). Her and I dated for several years, and have many of the same friends. She called me up, telling me I needed to change our date so our friends don’t need to “pick” which wedding to go to.

We’ve already put down all of our down payments. I told my ex if she was so worried about it she can change her date, she said no because she “picked that date first” (I honestly don’t know who “picked out” a day first)

AITA for telling her I’m not changing the date?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

The Lone Badger posted:

Do dog breeds with functional criteria do better? Like sheepdogs where their ability to herd sheep is a large part of their score?

Greyhounds are pretty robust, but can be prone to gut things like IBS. And black ones are apparently hypoallergenic.

Shame the dog racing industry is a large sack of cancerous balls.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Has anyone ever seen Odin and Santa in the same room

Few pages late but it’s important to note that Odin and Santa are one and the same now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9WWz95ripA

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for telling my girlfriend she's cringe and disgusting for pissing herself?

quote:

Man I wish this was a loving joke, I really do but once again internet trends have reached an all time low on stupidity, one of these is the "pee your pants challenge" on tiktok. THere's a trend of people literally pissing their pants on tiktok, to I guess lesson the embarassment of accidents or something, I don't know its fuckign gross. Its not little kids doing it either, its teenagers and full grown adults, most of them had the decency to do it in the bathroom but my girlfriend did not.

She makes a lot of tiktoks, I don't even use the app. She comes over and says she has a new funny challenge for us, as she's sitting next to me and filming, I'm confused and she says wait and then I hear dripping, yep its the urine hitting the floor.

I was livid, I was sreaming and cursing, that's my apartment, I yelled "get your rear end to the showers now, loving disgusting the gently caress is your problem"

as she's in the shower she breaks down crying explaining it was a challenge, I told her she was loving cringe for thinking this was a good idea and she better not upload it. I made her delete the video. She went home and has been pissed at me, and I've been pissed at her.

So yeah, did I make the mistake here? what she did was gross and cringe, but maybe I shoudln't have said that, or maybe i should've been more accomodating and trying to understand what she's doing. I pissed myself when I was like 9 at school and it was really embarrassing, but I don't see how this helps. I'm trying to be a better person and a boyfriend, I know Im not always the best but I have doubts about this situation, so yeah tell me.

EDIT: comments are almost unanimous in the rear end in a top hat judgement, not what I was expecting. Please be respectful towards my girlfriend, you guys agree with me that it was cringe and disgusting, but she made a mistake, and I love her, we all do dumb cringe stuff sometimes, I'm not ending the relationship over this.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
I guess the bar is already pretty low for there to be a bunch of pee pants/pants shitters but what the gently caress.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

This mother sure has her priorities straight

[TX] Can the police and courts system base an entire case on the word of a minor??

quote:

This question is about my younger stepson. He is 16. He took photos of several items in his brother's room and in the shed and he went to the police and showed them. The police didn't ask this first, he went completely unprompted.

He allowed the police to fingerprint him and he gave them his phone and access to his messages and location data. He said they asked so they could eliminate him as a suspect in the break-ins and he agreed. He isn't an adult yet and they didn't ask his father first. He said no when they said he could have a lawyer. They got a warrant and arrested my older stepson and took the items.

My older stepson has been convicted of over a dozen felonies. His public defender didn't seem to care about the evidence coming from a child. My younger stepsons fingerprints weren't found on the items and the scenes, only my older. The court also allowed my younger stepson to testify against his father's wishes. We have always told him not to talk to the police but says he doesn't regret it.

My older stepson is appealing his sentence but I have to ask if this was legal? Their father would have never given permission for my younger stepson to talk to the police. My older stepson is an adult and he knew better. He had no record with the police before this and the police were only tipped off by his underage brother. How could the police and courts system accept this from a minor like this, it makes zero sense?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Traxis posted:

[TX] Can the police and courts system base an entire case on the word of a minor??

How does he have over a dozen felonies but also no record with the police?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm assuming it's all drug felonies and the younger kid decided that sending the older one to jail for years was an acceptable solution to some family drama

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm assuming it's all drug felonies and the younger kid decided that sending the older one to jail for years was an acceptable solution to some family drama

It says in the post it was a series of break ins.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for telling my girlfriend she's cringe and disgusting for pissing herself?

Glad there's people falling for obvious fetish "challenges" still

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

Traxis posted:

"Is it legal for a 16 y.o. to talk to the police?"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Zil posted:

--older kid has no record
--older kid does a bunch of break-ins
--younger kid reports it to the cops with evidence and covering his own rear end to not be blamed
--older kid now has a bunch of felonies

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Zil posted:

The dozen felonies were a result of the younger brother narcing. He had a clean record before.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bruceski posted:

--older kid has no record
--older kid does a bunch of break-ins
--younger kid reports it to the cops with evidence and covering his own rear end to not be blamed
--older kid now has a bunch of felonies

Batterypowered7 posted:

The dozen felonies were a result of the younger brother narcing. He had a clean record before.

Ah that makes more sense, my reading comprehension has failed me. I need sleep.

BlancoNino
Apr 26, 2010
Regardless of the little brothers motives he was an idiot to give his fingerprints to the pigs to "eliminate him as a suspect"

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

BlancoNino posted:

Regardless of the little brothers motives he was an idiot to give his fingerprints to the pigs to "eliminate him as a suspect"

Lmao, I hadn't even thought about the fact that his fingerprints are now in the system.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Also it’s highly unlikely to be legally admissible and will be tossed the second someone speaks to a decent or even mediocre attorney.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
He also gave his phone to the cops which is even dumber

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Also it’s highly unlikely to be legally admissible and will be tossed the second someone speaks to a decent or even mediocre attorney.

Why would a tip with photos not be legally admissible?

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Man, what did the older brother do to the younger one to make him go so hard? Lmao

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Younger Brother be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnMdI_NiZvA

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Batterypowered7 posted:

He had a clean record only cuz he hadn't been caught before. gently caress assholes thieves.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Why would it be tossed? There's no right to have a parent present to talk to police. Think for a second how that would play out if the crime was child abuse.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Parents mad because they were getting a cut/in on it

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

AITA For leaving after finding out that my husband let his brother and his family take our bedroom?

quote:

I F23 have been wheelchair bound for over a year. My life changed eversince I started using the wheelchair. I used to feel useless but my husband supports me all the time. I recently went back to college (studying online) after stopping for an entire year. We used to live in an apartment. My husband managed (with the help of his family) to buy a small house. We have 2bedrooms in total. One downstairs and the other is upstairs. Our bedroom is downstairs so I could move freely in my wheelchair. The bathroom and kitchen are accessable as well.

The problem is that my Brother in law's house had an accidental fire and it burned down. He and his family have been staying with family members but not for long since they all live in apartments and my BIL has 3 kids.

My husband said BIL and his family were coming to stay with us for a month since it was our turn to take them in. They arrived and my BIL and wife were acting strange for few days. Their kids'd go into our bedroom and stay there.

My husband told me BIL and his wife said the upstairs room is too small for them and their kids and asked him if they could switch rooms since our bedroom is bigger. I was shocked. I told him I need the space for mobility and I can't climb the stairs to reach the other room. It's not logical. My husband said it didn't feel fair that 5members were stuck in a tiny room while it's just 2of us in a big room. We argued then we stopped.

Yesterday my sister dropped me off after visiting my parents. And when I entered our house I was stunned to see our stuff was moved out the room and was being moved upstairs. I asked my husband. He looked apologitic saying he couldn't stand to see his brother and the kids uncomfortable so he let them take our bedroom. He reassured me He'd take care of getting me up and downstairs and said the staircase is short so it won't be hard. I yelled at him after that and called him unbelieveble. He lashed back and reminded me that his family helped us buy this house and his mother called to shame him for the kids' suffering in a small room. He went on about his brother struggling and asked me to put myself in his place and imagine if our house burned. Would I still complain about the upstairs room.

I was so mad at him. My BIL's tried to talk to me basically justifying why she and BIL pressured my husband to give them the room and called my sister to take me to my parents house. My husband talked to mom and he was upset that she said he was wrong to do this to me. He said I should've talked to him instead of talking to my mom.

The husband is a complete doormat and an idiot.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yeah he's going to get really resentful having to get her down the stairs and the inlaws straight up will leave her there

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

Happy birthday to your dead child, we're going to go out of our way to remind you that she isn't in your life anymore!

gently caress these parents. In the sister's situation I would be horrified and mortified if my parents did that.

The travelling vet who helped put down my cat sent me a card after the act where she called him breathtaking.

My cat who had advanced cancer that obstructed his breathing, which was ultimately the reason for my choice to put him down.

This feels similar to that. Not trying to hurt, but that's one hell of an accidental knife twist.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Dik Hz posted:

Why would it be tossed? There's no right to have a parent present to talk to police. Think for a second how that would play out if the crime was child abuse.

... are you loving kidding? The kid is 16, the terms under which he can talk to cops without his parents unless the case is against the parent themselves are extremely limited and even then it’s sketchy as gently caress.He supposedly asked for a lawyer and was denied. Put me in court for five whole minutes and I’d have the whole thing tossed. Wildly illegal and even if you aren’t a civil liberties atty and you live cops it would be an extremely shaky line of evidence. Literally:

OP posted:

This question is about my younger stepson. He is 16. He took photos of several items in his brother's room and in the shed and he went to the police and showed them. The police didn't ask this first, he went completely unprompted.

He allowed the police to fingerprint him and he gave them his phone and access to his messages and location data. He said they asked so they could eliminate him as a suspect in the break-ins and he agreed. He isn't an adult yet and they didn't ask his father first. He said no when they said he could have a lawyer. They got a warrant and arrested my older stepson and took the items.

Also, tell your kids not to talk to fuckin cops because it never, ever behooves/benefits them to do so.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

... are you loving kidding? The kid is 16, the terms under which he can talk to cops without his parents unless the case is against the parent themselves are extremely limited and even then it’s sketchy as gently caress.He supposedly asked for a lawyer and was denied. Put me in court for five whole minutes and I’d have the whole thing tossed. Wildly illegal and even if you aren’t a civil liberties atty and you live cops it would be an extremely shaky line of evidence. Literally:

Also, tell your kids not to talk to fuckin cops because it never, ever behooves/benefits them to do so.

The post says he was offered a lawyer and declined.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

He supposedly asked for a lawyer and was denied

The author writes like a child, but I'm pretty sure cops asked if he wanted a lawyer and he said he didn't want one.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Sorry your younger brother ratted you out for stealin' poo poo

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
I read it the opposite way, but dispensation of rights by a minor is largely meaningless, unless their attorney is total garbage. It’s SOP for minors not to be questioned in absence of a guardian.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Sorry your younger brother ratted you out for stealin' poo poo

Definitely don’t have a younger brother, just a citizen that gives a poo poo about civil rights and the carceral state. Aren’t you some hell dumped furry?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

There's also no indication the kid didn't have someone from social services with him, which he very well could have if he told police his parents refused to let him talk to them and would not allow him to cooperate.

He still shouldn't talk to cops, but lol if you think the parent posting this (obviously the stepmom/mom of the shithead stepson) isn't giving an incredibly slanted version of events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

The 16 year old didn't get arrested. His age-unspecified "older brother" did. A pretty large part of those protections go out the window when you're making a voluntary statement and are not being charged with anything. Any case against the 16 year old could very easily be tossed, but "the guy that ratted you out is under 18" is not a get-out-of-jail free card.