Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pmchem posted:

I've grumped and harumped a bit in discord about how I don't like how unusual options alerts like unusual_whales and so on are sometimes used in a vacuum, because it can be really hard to predict if the option action was bullish or bearish and the little icons and crap in tweets are probably often misleading. here's a perfect example from today (milkman pasted this alert into discord):

( :words: )

so: be careful if using option alert tweets without being able to figure out the direction of the flow!

Guys I want to add a follow-up to this. Later in the day, revisiting dash... that order and some other 100p orders had mysteriously disappeared:

The 24,000 quantity put is just plain gone. It was easily the biggest order, and regardless should've shown up in the activity below "today's biggest" if it wasn't the biggest. It was disappeared, blackholed. A VERY UNUSUAL whale's activity had been completely hidden from retail investors using thinkorswim. A bug? Fraud? TDA/TOS acting upon a market maker or whale's request? I don't know. So, I asked their support what was going on. As you can see in the screenshot, "Alex_A" replied and stated that "When we hit our limit for the number of entries we are able to show, transactions that occurred earlier in the day begin to drop off as more recent entries are added." But this explanation is false on its face: as you can see in the screenshot, many orders BEFORE 10:46am remain in the options activity log. Why would he give an answer that is able to instantly and trivially be shown to be false?

Thus, there is either some bug that TOS support is unable to communicate and only seems to affect whale orders, or TDA/TOS was intentionally concealing unusual options activity. Don't trust your thinkorswim client's option order logs.

edit: gonna add one more thing here -- it could've been an institutional error and the deletion was a correction, maybe?

pmchem fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Mar 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Shear Modulus posted:

value stocks are unsexy companies like ford or walmart

WalMart will lap Cathie Wood and start selling smart dildos that connect to your smartwatch to synchronize their vibrations to your heart rate.

Ten bagging on the ten 'gasm.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

pmchem posted:

Guys I want to add a follow-up to this. Later in the day, revisiting dash... that order and some other 100p orders had mysteriously disappeared:

The 24,000 quantity put is just plain gone. It was easily the biggest order, and regardless should've shown up in the activity below "today's biggest" if it wasn't the biggest. It was disappeared, blackholed. A VERY UNUSUAL whale's activity had been completely hidden from retail investors using thinkorswim. A bug? Fraud? TDA/TOS acting upon a market maker or whale's request? I don't know. So, I asked their support what was going on. As you can see in the screenshot, "Alex_A" replied and stated that "When we hit our limit for the number of entries we are able to show, transactions that occurred earlier in the day begin to drop off as more recent entries are added." But this explanation is false on its face: as you can see in the screenshot, many orders BEFORE 10:46am remain in the options activity log. Why would he give an answer that is able to instantly and trivially be shown to be false?

Thus, there is either some bug that TOS support is unable to communicate and only seems to affect whale orders, or TDA/TOS was intentionally concealing unusual options activity. Don't trust your thinkorswim client's option order logs.

edit: gonna add one more thing here -- it could've been an institutional error and the deletion was a correction, maybe?

It’s Melvin

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
My next gambling moves are SENS, SNDL, and doubling down on AHT. Any reason this would be a bad idea? Besides the usual reasons?

Sad I missed the HOFV train, that was nuts.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Just got a corrected 1099 from Robinhood. For the second year in a row. I filed my taxes weeks ago. gently caress these assholes they didn't even get the original one out on time. Cannot recommend dropping them hard enough.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

ohnobugs posted:

Just got a corrected 1099 from Robinhood. For the second year in a row. I filed my taxes weeks ago. gently caress these assholes they didn't even get the original one out on time. Cannot recommend dropping them hard enough.

Etrade always does this to me too, with no indication as to what changed. It's loving infuriating to do to me with a 100 page document, after I've already paid my accountant and submitted my taxes. Usually it's something insanely minor though.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
Is there any site that will let me back test screeners for free or for less than hundreds of dollars a year?

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Baddog posted:

Etrade always does this to me too, with no indication as to what changed. It's loving infuriating to do to me with a 100 page document, after I've already paid my accountant and submitted my taxes. Usually it's something insanely minor though.

Yeah. It looks like they overreported dividends by about $18. I'm betting the original amount is actually correct, but I'm not going digging through everything for a change that small.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Does anyone have a read on the CRTX securities fraud investigation beyond what's in the article here beyond "this sounds bad" because I haven't really seen anything like that in a stock I've followed before

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Is there a term that describes ambulance chaser law firms in finance? Because that's what this lawsuit looks like, at a glance.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

ohnobugs posted:

Is there a term that describes ambulance chaser law firms in finance? Because that's what this lawsuit looks like, at a glance.

lawyers

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Power of Pecota posted:

Does anyone have a read on the CRTX securities fraud investigation beyond what's in the article here beyond "this sounds bad" because I haven't really seen anything like that in a stock I've followed before

My read is there's no reason to think there's anything more to this than people trying to rattle money out of a company they think they can scare money out of.

The cost of litigating it is probably a concern moreso than validity of the suit itself.

That's just my unprofessional read that you should not in any way rely on.

My unprofessional opinion is also that I wish this would tank it down to 30 at which point I'd buy more.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Did GME just spike to $370 after hours?

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

Did GME just spike to $370 after hours?
Maybe?

I don't know the mechanics of how that is the case with the ask still sitting at 193 though

Baddog
May 12, 2001

lurksion posted:

Maybe?

I don't know the mechanics of how that is the case with the ask still sitting at 193 though

Looks like someone hosed up.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Leal posted:

Got rid of all my AMC for a loss, that poo poo isn't gonna hit what I bought for anytime soon. Throwing everything from that into SNDL, blaze it.

Man a couple of my buddies got into SNDL in the past few weeks and I’m really scared for them lol.

Not that I really think it’s a bad play but going long on it seems so silly to me.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
LMAO I've been watching SNDL drop for weeks. I should dump that dog poo poo and buy AMC.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

SNDL is printing massive amounts of shares and diluting it's already shaky price basis. It might be a well capitalized weed stock that could grow in the future, but right now it's a pump and dump penny stock and it's overvalued. If you could buy it at a dollar instead of $1.30, it's still risky. I made a ton when it shot up to $4.50 last month, but that was a 20 minute price spike.

AMC is hard to gauge because they have good news with reopening, but that came when it was already spiking in price, and they also just wrote an order to print more shares. It's gonna go down before it goes up.

I asked about SIRI last week and bought fifty LEAP calls on it for 2022 and 2023, plus some shares, and it's already up. At $6.30 a share, it's low enough to make an investment not so painful. I have a good feeling about it. UWMC is also looking pretty attractive if you want a meme stock.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I mean, I already looked into my crystal ball and I can tell you for a 10000000000% correct, irrefutable fact that weed will not be legalized by Biden or Harris, or whatever terrifying fascist Q conspiracy dipshit that follows them, so basically if you're going to jump into weed stocks you're only playing the canadian market at best.

Run away from weed stocks. Here there be dragons.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I mean, I already looked into my crystal ball and I can tell you for a 10000000000% correct, irrefutable fact that weed will not be legalized by Biden or Harris, or whatever terrifying fascist Q conspiracy dipshit that follows them, so basically if you're going to jump into weed stocks you're only playing the canadian market at best.

Run away from weed stocks. Here there be dragons.

The top US weed companies already have higher revenues than APHA or TLRY. This will go up as more states legalize, don't think the federal level is even needed to grow steady right now. US MSOs are already operating in many states and it looks like we'll be adding a bunch every year from now on (like VA and NJ). NY is supposed to happen later this year or early next.

Although I agree that people hoping for MOON TIME! announcement from Biden will be disappointed. US needs to elect someone younger than 70 first. I think the next President does it if it's not a Republican. So hopefully in 4 years.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 23, 2021

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rad Russian posted:

The top US weed companies already have higher revenues than APHA or TLRY. This will go up as more states legalize, don't think the federal level is even needed. They're already operating in many states and it looks like we'll be adding a bunch every year from now on.

Although I agree that people hoping for MOON TIME! announcement from Biden will be disappointed. US needs to elect someone younger than 70 first. I think the next President does it if it's not a Republican.

You're forgetting that all of that is legal sector hemp poo poo.

Actual get-you-high THC marijuana is a cash only business in the legalized states and the stuff on the stock market now can't touch those businesses with a ten foot pole.

SNDL and MJ and TLRY and all that are peddling that whole foods hemp oil poo poo in the US. Crap like hemp seed granola and hemp body wash. Nothing listed on the stock exchange is legally allowed anywhere near the THC products you can buy in, say, a Colorado dispensary. And it will remain that way until the federal government strikes down all the banking and exchange laws around weed, which starts with full federal legalization.

That said, some of the ETFs do actually touch THC products. In Canada.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

You're forgetting that all of that is legal sector hemp poo poo.

Actual get-you-high THC marijuana is a cash only business in the legalized states and the stuff on the stock market now can't touch those businesses with a ten foot pole.

SNDL and MJ and TLRY and all that are peddling that whole foods hemp oil poo poo in the US. Crap like hemp seed granola and hemp body wash. Nothing listed on the stock exchange is legally allowed anywhere near the THC products you can buy in, say, a Colorado dispensary. And it will remain that way until the federal government strikes down all the banking and exchange laws around weed, which starts with full federal legalization.

That said, some of the ETFs do actually touch THC products. In Canada.

Cresco Labs and Curaleaf absolutely do sell marijuana. Either for medical use (NY) or with open dispensaries in states where it's fully legal. They are OTC stocks, like every single US operator. They won't be traded on NYSE until fully legalized of course.

I haven't researched Green Thumb's and Jushi's exact product offerings but I assume they're about the same as Cresco and Curaleaf, just smaller scale.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 23, 2021

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Buy more shares of HITIF you say?

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Love to understand concepts so well that they mean the opposite.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

US10Y down, NQ also down. Growth investors buying treasuries as well?

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

You could be trolling here but I haven’t seen any confirmations on this being Biden’s direct call?

According to the White House the real issue here was that the individuals were denied for clearances. Past marijuana use is not an automatic clearance denial, but ongoing marijuana use can be. We also don't know how many of them tried to lie about past drug use and got caught, which is probably the easiest way to get denied. OPM investigations can be pretty thorough at that level of clearance and all it takes is one snitch to raise massive doubts

I believe the philosophy is that if you lied to the OPM investigator about something that they easily uncovered with a phone call then you're particularly susceptible to blackmail targeting by foreign agents. The federal government usually cares about that kind of thing even if Trump's white house didn't

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I think that the most economically beneficial thing we could do would be to legalize marijuana and then let the country smoke away our budget problems. As an added benefit no more federal regulations against smoking marijuana means no way to blackmail white house staffers who partake. It's win win for everybody but drug sniffing dogs and that shady guy selling pot outside of a mcdonalds drive through at 2 in the morning.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Love to understand concepts so well that they mean the opposite.

Lol I did a :stare: at that too but I think they were trying to make that exact joke

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

reignofevil posted:

I think that the most economically beneficial thing we could do would be to legalize marijuana and then let the country smoke away our budget problems. As an added benefit no more federal regulations against smoking marijuana means no way to blackmail white house staffers who partake. It's win win for everybody but drug sniffing dogs and that shady guy selling pot outside of a mcdonalds drive through at 2 in the morning.

Yeah the advantages of innumerable, pretty much the only thing stopping marijuana legalization is the same thing that caused it to become illegal in the first place: racism

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

These head fakes in NQ are funding my retirement by shortening my lifespan

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Ola posted:

US10Y down, NQ also down. Growth investors buying treasuries as well?

Premarket hasn’t really seemed to matter to me for a couple months, but: it’s end of the quarter and the natural thing right now would be balanced funds rotating from stocks to bonds since bonds have been big losers and stocks moderate winners. Also if you look at Fed purchases they seem to do most of their bond buying end of the month (I was looking at a chart a few weeks ago and can’t find it again but it looked like a 4 week month was: week 1 medium buy, week 2 small buy, week 3 medium sell (actually roll offs I guess) week 4 large buy).

Anyway I don’t think there’s a direct read between stocks and bonds on a 15 minute or hourly chart or whatever unless you’re touching a panic number on yields, which seems to be about .25% increments on the 10 year.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
ORMP announced an oral Covid drug yesterday entering trials. I noticed when it was up to 11.82 and bought in, but now it’s up to 16 after hours.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Are there any tickers to watch actual bonds on the brokerage apps? I watch /ZNM But that’s not quite the same. It is still what I base a lot of my plays on tho

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Tetramin posted:

Lol I did a :stare: at that too but I think they were trying to make that exact joke

yeah just a goofy rear end tweet. I laughed at it.

Tetramin posted:

Are there any tickers to watch actual bonds on the brokerage apps? I watch /ZNM But that’s not quite the same. It is still what I base a lot of my plays on tho

in thinkorswim, you can watch, /ZF, /ZN, /ZB for the most popular (non-ultras) bond futures

FVX, TNX, TYX for the actual yields

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

draftkings co-founders going full fleece mode https://www.marketwatch.com/story/m...d=mw_latestnews

quote:

The breakdown of the compensation packages for the co-founders shows that the bulk of the money in 2020 came from stock awards. Here is the breakdown for each co-founder:

Robins:
• Salary: $650,000, up from $400,000 in 2019.
• Bonus: $2.98 million, after $0 in 2019.
• Stock Awards: $231.18 million.
• Non-equity incentive plan compensation: $1.95 million, after $800,000 in 2019.
• All other compensation: $75,724, including $66,724 in Super Bowl expenses.

Kalish:
• Salary: $425,000, up from $300,000 the year before.
• Bonus: $1.5 million, after $0 in 2019.
• Stock awards: $194.21 million.
• Non-equity incentive plan compensation: $1.06 million, after $480,000 in 2019.
• All other compensation: $36,898, including $28,348 in Super Bowl expenses.

Liberman:
• Salary: $425,000, after $300,000 in 2019.
• Bonus: $1.5 million, after $0 the year before.
• Stock awards: $194.21 million.
• Non-equity incentive plan compensation: $1.06 million, after $480,000 in 2019.
• All other compensation: $22,044, including $13,494 in Super Bowl expenses.

reminder, this company has negative net income every quarter. just wow.

sometime this year... puts on DKNG. sigh dunno when though, march "madness" indeed.

XLE update: the AZN vaccine news just last night (possible fraud?), coupled with another Germany lockdown, led Brent (mostly European) oil to contango, which is now killing /CL, which is hurting XLE... argh. I have 90d on my two calls, time for it turn around. But highly annoying!

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I played a bit of blackjack on draft kings because my state is one of those fun ones that let you gamble online for real money and let me just say they have a firmly addictive product that I have full confidence will consistently find new addicts, I am not currently invested with draft kings but if I were I would feel very secure with my money in that product.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Unfortunately a good product is not good enough reason if it can be easily duplicated by Microsoft games 1985.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
Today is the day NDRA goons make it big.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
Both times I was interviewed for a clearance, the interviewer clearly asked, "Is there any written record ..." which means they failed a piss test; or lied about being previously arrested, cited, or having a card. So the problem is almost certainly that they were caught lying. Turbo dumb as gently caress in tyool 2021. The risk of blackmail wouldn't exist if it wasn't disqualifying in the first place, but that's working with the government for ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

multistability
Feb 15, 2014
https://twitter.com/DeItaone/status/1374314928467771393?s=19

So does this mean GME is going to moon or crash and burn? And isn't their earnings report today also? I exited out of my position as soon as the market opened yesterday and hope I really haven't hosed up. Lol