Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

egg_dog posted:

I drew Brian gently caress. Such powerful energy

https://twitter.com/PrawnSalute/status/1367993239572275206

I am so excited to learn what Brian Fucks deal is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
My poster from the live show got here! It's very pretty.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

You should tweet that at one of the crew, they love listener art and fans of diarrhea planet.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Branson Reese reblogs every single post on Tumblr that uses the rudetales hashtag

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I'm gonna get a frame tomorrow to put it up

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

egg_dog posted:

absolutely hideous. excellent

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

egg_dog posted:

This guy looks China, IL as gently caress

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

My poster from the live show got here! It's very pretty.

Mine too! I now have one from each of the three online shows.

I hope they keep doing online shows even after quarantine ends.

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm gonna get a frame tomorrow to put it up

Hnnngh I can’t wait for mine to get here. I bought one small so I can pin it up on the cork board in my office and a big honkin one that will get framed someday.

Kinda jealous of y’all who made it to other live shows, the other posters look pretty cool!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I was not disappointed, Brian gently caress's deal was indeed fascinating.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I expected Albie to kill Hot Roddie by forcing him to apologize.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
That was a fun little rollercoaster of a sode

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I like the little moment where de Bonesby almost calls Bellow by his nickname instead of Bellotheon, like he forgot that he's supposed to be aloof, and you can't tell if it's the player or the character and maybe it doesn't matter.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I wonder if them saving HR is going to cause an Ivan situation where they have a NPC tagging along for longer than intended. They already had him do a heroic sacrifice once.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just want to see stirfry multiclass into bullymancer. I feel like that would be the ultimate peak of his whole self esteem arc

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
So VoidBurger drew the thing in the fridge from the latest episode, and yeah, that's about how horrific I expected it to look.

https://twitter.com/VoidBurger/status/1370972026375143424?s=20

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Brian gently caress is a delight

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Branson made a shirt for Australian podcast Boonta Vista in honor of Oklahoma passing legislation allowing people to stalk bigfoot

https://twitter.com/BoontaVista/status/1371431456585617416?s=19

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

RandomPauI posted:

Branson made a shirt for Australian podcast Boonta Vista in honor of Oklahoma passing legislation allowing people to stalk bigfoot

How do any of these things connect to each other at all. This is like madlibs

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomPauI posted:

https://twitter.com/BoontaVista/status/1371431456585617416?s=19

None of that makes sense, but I am probably going to buy that shirt.

Edit:

50 bucks?! Nevermind. It's a fun shirt, but not 50 bucks worth of fun.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 17, 2021

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
okay, context. Boonta Vista released a bigfoot episode as a bonus, but its paywalled.

https://twitter.com/BoontaVista/status/1367451079579856896?s=19

But this clip gives a good idea about what the bigfoot episode is like.

https://twitter.com/BoontaVista/status/1253485316565946370?s=19

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Big ups to Branson for being able to do the torso pillow voice without throwing up.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Patreon did an episode where Tim GM’d a game of Ah, Dang! Mothman Won't Move Out (He Said It Was Just For The Weekend). He seems to really like playing annoying characters who are all pitiable or loathsome in their own different way. In the superhero podcast Critical Bits he had a truly manic performance as a supernatural judge who treated fables like Rude Tales treats riddles, and in a Patreon episode he played a delightfully-off putting character whose power was to control inanimate objects by flirting with them.

I think my attention was elsewhere and I missed the reason for the racquetball(?) noises that would happen or why Taylor occasionally did a tiny “Mwahaha.” I lost it IRL at work, as did the cast, at the line Like a hard poop in reverse, it was a lot to take in.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I think the tennis noises were when Joe and Taylor (maybe?) were doing back and forth observations about the arts in an effort to out-culture each other.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Christmas posted:

Patreon did an episode where Tim GM’d a game of Ah, Dang! Mothman Won't Move Out (He Said It Was Just For The Weekend). He seems to really like playing annoying characters who are all pitiable or loathsome in their own different way. In the superhero podcast Critical Bits he had a truly manic performance as a supernatural judge who treated fables like Rude Tales treats riddles, and in a Patreon episode he played a delightfully-off putting character whose power was to control inanimate objects by flirting with them.

I think my attention was elsewhere and I missed the reason for the racquetball(?) noises that would happen or why Taylor occasionally did a tiny “Mwahaha.” I lost it IRL at work, as did the cast, at the line Like a hard poop in reverse, it was a lot to take in.

Too much Tim is just absolutely unbearable. Stirfry is fun because he has an element of pathos to him that makes him likeable and even when he gets too far into it everyone does a good job reigning him back in, or in the dwarf episodes where he's boisterous and oblivious and it's great. The problem occurs in something like the Lasers and Feelings patreon eps that just desperately needed someone to step up and say Tim, no, do NOT do that voice for the entire episode, its completely unlistenable

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

some plague rats posted:

Too much Tim is just absolutely unbearable. Stirfry is fun because he has an element of pathos to him that makes him likeable and even when he gets too far into it everyone does a good job reigning him back in, or in the dwarf episodes where he's boisterous and oblivious and it's great. The problem occurs in something like the Lasers and Feelings patreon eps that just desperately needed someone to step up and say Tim, no, do NOT do that voice for the entire episode, its completely unlistenable

I would second this for Come at the King. Smellulus works best with the other characters around. While it sort of works out in the end, I wish Branson had kept the group together through DM Bullshitery for that campaign. From the few episodes I have heard of Rude Talks, Tim seems like he's actually a pretty chill and caring person, but he needs to branch out in the characters he plays.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You're crazy. Smellulus' solo scene in the royal court is the best moment of the whole podcast

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

some plague rats posted:

The Repo Man posted:

I would second this for Come at the King. Smellulus works best with the other characters around. While it sort of works out in the end, I wish Branson had kept the group together through DM Bullshitery for that campaign. From the few episodes I have heard of Rude Talks, Tim seems like he's actually a pretty chill and caring person, but he needs to branch out in the characters he plays.

Reality is subjective and this proves it because I couldn't disagree with either of these takes more.

Tim's ability to be completely cartoonish and then take things to a very real and very sad place is a gift. Apparently it doesn't work for everyone, but it works super well for me. The comedy mixed with the tragedy makes the whole thing even better.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Reality is subjective and this proves it because I couldn't disagree with either of these takes more.

Tim's ability to be completely cartoonish and then take things to a very real and very sad place is a gift. Apparently it doesn't work for everyone, but it works super well for me. The comedy mixed with the tragedy makes the whole thing even better.

I agree with that, especially with Stirfry in the latest episode where he gets Bellow and Cordially to a "we never thought of that moment," while still injecting humor into a tense conversation. I'm not saying Tim is bad or anything, just that I think he's better with the other players to use his boundless energy to bounce off of.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I would DIE for Tim Platt

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

They're doing a March Madness bracket for the best character, PC and NPC. There's some pretty strong contenders and I always forget how amazing some of the names are.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

All three are De Bonesby. Next question.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Riddle Guy tie dye shirts back for a limited time to benefit CAAAV.org: https://www.bonfire.com/riddle-guy-97-stopasianhate/

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Riddle Guy tie dye shirts back for a limited time to benefit CAAAV.org: https://www.bonfire.com/riddle-guy-97-stopasianhate/

Hell yeah! Just bought one, thanks for the link.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Love it, bought one.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Audio Verse Awards winners were announced and Rude Tales won in a bunch of categories. The Audio Verse Awards site announcing this confused me for a moment until I realized they have multiple winners for each category.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I had just long enough after the March Madness winner was announced as Deli to think "I hope we get an in character acceptance speech" before exactly that landed in the Patreon feed. Great stuff

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
months later and I'm still laughing at "sometimes you really can have it all"

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Party Boat posted:

I had just long enough after the March Madness winner was announced as Deli to think "I hope we get an in character acceptance speech" before exactly that landed in the Patreon feed. Great stuff

Is it just her doing the deli laugh for five minutes

Also did anyone listen to the new thing. The interlude? What's the deal there, my time is valuable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

some plague rats posted:

Also did anyone listen to the new thing. The interlude? What's the deal there, my time is valuable

It's good, it's the main group (Albee, Bellow, etc.) around a campfire telling ghost stories. Things soon go awry!