Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The McElroy's make a lot of podcasts, most of which are pretty entertaining. Let's discuss them here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArdgkjGDajg

Old thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3760191&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jun 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
there's this guy named travis featured in these mcelroy podcasts, and I think he's just swell

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Lol at the old op melting down. Also ty for the thread to talk about 3 funny brother and their nice podcast content.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Boy geez I do love those three boys and their daddy who should be on the podcast more often than he is.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Todays MBMBAM was good, better than average munch squad too.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Warbird posted:

Boy geez I do love those three boys and their daddy who should be on the podcast more often than he is.

This is really true. It's really neat how a guy who spent his whole life doing local radio bred three children who, basically, do the same thing. I'd love seeing Clint on the show, or heck, a show of his own.

Tho I suppose the dude also deserves a nice retirement too.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
hopefully this time everyone stays cool and remembers the colden rule of mcelory fandom:

posting to frustrate each other is not a fun way to post because we're all on the same team and that team is to have fun together and to make it fun for all our audiences. And so when people make posts just to frustrate each other and just to troll each other, there's enough of that in the world today, of people trolling each other just to be mean and to be hurtful, and if we're gonna post in this space together we need to do it because we want each other to have fun and not because we're trying to frustrate each other, cause there's enough frustrating things in the world right now and there's enough we can't control, and one of the things we can control is that everyone is here to have fun and not waste each others' time and so when we make decisions that are meant to troll each other, that's something that bad people do.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

But of course. The OP really should have that in it so we can all remember to to follow Travis’s example and do unto others and so on and so forth.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
so i'm kinda out of hte loop, was the meltdown last thread because Travis was insufferably cringe in someone else's stream and it piled up wiht all the smaller annoyances he's known for?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

mikeycp posted:

hopefully this time everyone stays cool and remembers the colden rule of mcelory fandom:

posting to frustrate each other is not a fun way to post because we're all on the same team and that team is to have fun together and to make it fun for all our audiences. And so when people make posts just to frustrate each other and just to troll each other, there's enough of that in the world today, of people trolling each other just to be mean and to be hurtful, and if we're gonna post in this space together we need to do it because we want each other to have fun and not because we're trying to frustrate each other, cause there's enough frustrating things in the world right now and there's enough we can't control, and one of the things we can control is that everyone is here to have fun and not waste each others' time and so when we make decisions that are meant to troll each other, that's something that bad people do.

Couldn’t agree more friend

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

MorningMoon posted:

so i'm kinda out of hte loop, was the meltdown last thread because Travis was insufferably cringe in someone else's stream and it piled up wiht all the smaller annoyances he's known for?

He's had a bad week. Chalk it up to general frustration for how he's directed TAZ over the past months + an innocent but oblivious group of tweets + that very 'oof' twitch rant he dived into when he got trolled. He's off Twitter and maybe twitch for now tho, so hey, hopefully the break does him well.

Their stuff in general is still chugging along tho and pretty entertaining. It's more that that's all the news/discussionworthy stuff about them lately, for worse.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

MorningMoon posted:

there's a lot of people who used to be McElroy fans that sort of keep an eye on things still and that was a big enough meltdown that got spread far enough that it caught everyone's attention combined with the fact that it happened two days after he was "on a break" from social media for another incident

he's streaming right now on twitch with a bunch of much younger fans

inferis fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 23, 2021

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Making this thread be about BDG as well is an awesome idea. Has a very similar energy to the McElroys and deserves to be discussed.

Also there's nothing bad to say about him at all as he is perfect and amazing.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

zimbomonkey posted:

Making this thread be about BDG as well is an awesome idea. Has a very similar energy to the McElroys and deserves to be discussed.

Very excited to see what he does post-Polygon. Fella's certainly trying to expand his horizons, hoping and expecting he turns to doing something larger than 20 minute youtube videos with his buds.

Makes me wonder in general, Justin has made pretty overt gesture towards becoming an actual voice actor. Wonder if the rest of them are eyeing where they can exit in five years from the podcasting empire into other media.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

"i'm recently on a new medication"

"thank you for loving me and supporting me no matter what"

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

The World Inferno posted:

Very excited to see what he does post-Polygon. Fella's certainly trying to expand his horizons, hoping and expecting he turns to doing something larger than 20 minute youtube videos with his buds.

Makes me wonder in general, Justin has made pretty overt gesture towards becoming an actual voice actor. Wonder if the rest of them are eyeing where they can exit in five years from the podcasting empire into other media.

I agree. At some point I may do a bigger post about him for the uninitiated.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just saw the among us clip, it was so bad I couldn't even finish it lmfao

Warbird
May 23, 2012

zimbomonkey posted:

Has he put up anything recently besides the be your own boss and vcr videos?

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

He only left at the top of the year, so it's safe to assume there's more to come being worked on now.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
And that's not even the wildest part.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Despite falling off TAZ hard after Balance ended I still enjoy a lot of McElroy content and lol at the old thread OP melting down and closing the thread. Griffin best brother, Travis is cringe, and Sydnee should not have yelled at the CBD guy.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Warbird posted:

He has a twitch channel where he plays games while riding an exercise bike

https://www.twitch.tv/briandavidgilbert

I've yet to see him complain about trolling.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Previa_fun posted:

Despite falling off TAZ hard after Balance ended I still enjoy a lot of McElroy content and lol at the old thread OP melting down and closing the thread. Griffin best brother, Travis is cringe, and Sydnee should not have yelled at the CBD guy.
Is Amnesty not popular? I liked that quite a bit.

Also what's up everybody? I think Travis is a dumb piss baby.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Cory Lidle posted:

Is Amnesty not popular? I liked that quite a bit.

Also what's up everybody? I think Travis is a dumb piss baby.

They bled a lot of listeners during the experimental arcs, because they just went on way too long. I think quite a few came back for Amnesty though, and most seemed to like it. Graduation has been a sharp decline, though.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I do not know anybody by the name McElory

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Previa_fun posted:

Sydnee should not have yelled at the CBD guy.

CBD guy?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Sydnee should have come back with a bullwhip and driven the cbd guy out of the mall

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Warbird posted:

he put up a video about pickles not feeling right. other than that no but his videos are so inspired and original that it's hard to ask for much more.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

They bled a lot of listeners during the experimental arcs, because they just went on way too long. I think quite a few came back for Amnesty though, and most seemed to like it. Graduation has been a sharp decline, though.

The experimental arcs were a hoot. Worst case, we got to hear a drastically different DM / systems previewed. Amnesty didn't hit the highs of Balance, imho, but it was still a pretty fun environment and fun characters.

Indeed tho, Graduation has bricked the podcast, which I feel safe saying outside of my humble opinion. They have to be seeing the listener decline, so hoping they end it soon and get on to the next arc. Then again, Griffin's having another kid soon, so maybe they're keeping it alive to pad out the time for him to prep another big thing.

Ya ever feel like you know too much about the lives of strangers? Feeling that tonight indeed.

CatstropheWaitress fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 23, 2021

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

also, on an unrelated note the Travis rant seems like it has the potential to be the next loss.jpg text post. it feels like it's got staying power.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You have to do better than that to match Loss for clueless idiot energy. No, I think the internet is going to move past it, and heal

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
I appreciate the OP for making a new thread and starting with a 100% accurate documentary jpeg of a munch squad

I didn't realize how much I valued this space to nitpick about whether something is good until it was gone

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

flavor.flv posted:

You have to do better than that to match Loss for clueless idiot energy. No, I think the internet is going to move past it, and heal

It’s often much harder on the imposter...

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Who were the people Travis was playing with, anyway? Were they big names or smaller people

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

flavor.flv posted:

Sydnee should have come back with a bullwhip and driven the cbd guy out of the mall

John and James behind the mall bushes snickering.

"Aw poo poo he gonn' getim!"

Goons: Jesus should not have harrassed that poor man!

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Sankis posted:

Who were the people Travis was playing with, anyway? Were they big names or smaller people

i'd never heard of them but chilled chaos 300k twitch followers and more than twice as many twitter followers than travis so ???. it was an established group of friends or something?

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

I went into Amnesty expecting it nowhere to be as intense and deep as Balance and it was good fun. I fell out of Graduation and man looking back it was a bad idea for Travis to map it out to take place across 5 years in the game like it was his attempt at Harry Potter (I meant it was from what I saw of it). I'm expecting at some point that Travis either rushes it with time skips or has it end partway with all the plots resolved before they graduate. He made a tall order and doesn't seem to be able to fulfill it.

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
The new theme song is way better than the old one, but they really only need to play about half of it. I assume they just played the whole song this time because it was the first time they’ve used it?

The ad this week (for One Bad Mother) was almost unlistenable. It’s bad when the ads are only 30 seconds long but they feel longer than the actual show.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Today’s episode reminded me of the good old days. They sounded more present and enthused than they have in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

ghost emoji posted:

The new theme song is way better than the old one, but they really only need to play about half of it. I assume they just played the whole song this time because it was the first time they’ve used it?

The ad this week (for One Bad Mother) was almost unlistenable. It’s bad when the ads are only 30 seconds long but they feel longer than the actual show.

I have never heard an ad for a show that actually just sounded like a back door for a piece of that show's merchandise. until today.