Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
warch
This poll is closed.
warch 68 44.44%
warch 85 55.56%
Total: 153 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ErrEff posted:

Amazon dearly wants to have its own popular multiplayer game so they can prominently feature and promote it at all times on Twitch.

Absolute

Vertical

Integration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

lol at the Amazon-developed colonizer game called “new world”

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

I said come in! posted:

That tweet sounds very alarmist to me, and a lack of understanding of how the PS3 hardware actually works. There is a bunch of claims in there that are just vaguely mentioned with no evidence or link to sources that show that they are correct. But anywho with that said, the claim is that the CMOS battery is necessary for your PS3 to authenticate with the PSN server, the thought process goes that if the PSN store is shut down, then you cannot authenticate anymore therefore you are locked out of all of your digitally purchased games.

We still do not know that PSN for PS3 is being closed. This is not at all official just yet. We also do not know the extent of the closure and exactly what online features are going away. Is it just access to the store? What if it's just access to the PSN website for PS3? Sony hasn't said anything yet. Maybe it's not actually happening at all.

My understanding is it's a real thing you can experience right now if you want to.

When the system time resets because there's no cmos battery it won't function until it's connected to the server that tells it what time it is.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

is there any indication that sony runs its own time server rather than just connecting to nist.gov or any of the other public time servers that most internet things use

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

Yeeeeeahhhhhh haha

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Remember when amazon took the .amazon address space from the people and nations who live in the real amazon

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Weedle posted:

is there any indication that sony runs its own time server rather than just connecting to nist.gov or any of the other public time servers that most internet things use

Not really, other than console companies' known habit of trying to maintain a layer of control between the consoles and the open internet. If Sony does have an internal network time service it's probably using the same protocol as a public network time server and would only need permission/patching to switch over.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Simone Magus posted:

In case anyone else has this issue:

There's a big bug right now with Samsung phones related to the WebView app that's used for various internet things. It was causing a bunch of my apps to randomly close and pop up the message "App keeps crashing". The Awful app, Google and Audible were the ones that kept crashing for me

Just uninstall the updates to WebView and it'll stop. Was driving me crazy last night, I thought my phone was dying

I was wondering why avatars on the Awful App were breaking, thanks for the heads up!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

wuggles posted:

All of the colonizer references got removed in pre-alpha.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

just had my least favorite coworker come by to say his goodbyes and pitch his sob story about being cruelly persecuted in the workplace, not knowing that i am completely aware of the real reason he is leaving and how hilariously, spectacularly embarrassing for him it is. lmao. let's just say he won't be working in any more schools for a while or possibly ever.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Have you guys ever loved a movie so much that you’ve watched it twice in quick succession?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Have you guys ever loved a movie so much that you’ve watched it twice in quick succession?

When I was kid I definitely watched the South Park movie three times in one day

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

I watched Batman 1989 at least twice by staying in the theater (also because I was a kid)

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Weedle posted:

just had my least favorite coworker come by to say his goodbyes and pitch his sob story about being cruelly persecuted in the workplace, not knowing that i am completely aware of the real reason he is leaving and how hilariously, spectacularly embarrassing for him it is. lmao. let's just say he won't be working in any more schools for a while or possibly ever.

When I was visiting my cousin one summer, they had the movie "Grandma's Boy" on repeat in the background the entire week my family and I stayed over. To this day I cannot figure out why.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Jay Rust posted:

The only movie I've ever watched more than once is Donnie Darko

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

i watched the big lebowski every day for a week when i was 20-ish. i never became a Big Lebowski Guy thanks to my strict policy of never quoting movies aloud but i did and do think it's a fantastic movie

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!

Jay Rust posted:

That was me with Shaun of the Dead back in the day.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

What was the movie you watched twice

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Weedle posted:

i watched the big lebowski every day for a week when i was 20-ish. i never became a Big Lebowski Guy thanks to my strict policy of never quoting movies aloud but i did and do think it's a fantastic movie

That must have been exhausting

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Jay Rust posted:

As an adult: The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

As a child: Aladdin

Weedle
May 31, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

That must have been exhausting

genuine lol

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Jay Rust posted:

Zoolander

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Interstella 5555
Cats 1998

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I begin every day with the Star Wars Detours trailer

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Did you ever figure out why male models?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Its too late to begin everyday with the Chronicles of Riddick, but that was a fun movie.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

chronicles of riddick is pretty cool. pitch black was always my favorite of those movies though. the worldbuilding that chronicles did wasn't really what i was looking for and i appreciated pitch black's relative focus and scrappiness

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
Man, that Riddick game was better than it had any right to be

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Weedle posted:

powerful yikes energy from this story

Jay Rust posted:

i started up redline again immediately after watching it for the first time, and have wanted to do so with a few other movies i saw in theaters. there's another one I've actually watched twice in a row but would feel kinda embarrassed posting about it

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

ymgve posted:

Did you ever figure out why male models?

Afraid not but I did develop a life-long love for breakdance fighting.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i saw fury road three times in theaters and it was worth every penny. i do not like the movie theater experience but that movie needs as big and loud a showing as possible

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
im not scared of the dark so Pitch Black was light hearted romp for me

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Chronicles of Riddick had way more budget than they knew what to do with

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Owl__Kitty/status/1373211518515343362

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Weedle posted:

i saw fury road three times in theaters and it was worth every penny. i do not like the movie theater experience but that movie needs as big and loud a showing as possible

big same, saw fury road 4 times at the theater and have rewatched it multiple times since, it's the perfect movie

Weedle
May 31, 2006

"movie" is such a dumb abbreviation of "moving picture." i can't believe we still use it. people should say "picture" more often. i only hear "picture" from david lynch or people doing impressions of david lynch

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

movies? oh you must mean film

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The cinema

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
NG2: Oh my god gently caress that loving bone dragon boss ugh he suuuuuucked

e: The flicks