Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

:lol: at the skeleton being blown away

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Goals

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

PokeJoe posted:

:lol: at the skeleton being blown away

“eh its a living”
- da share zone

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
actual anglo mythology is mostly fairies and the wizard kings who love them. there actually aren’t a whole lot of works with that setting that aren’t retellings of the arthurian myth. midsummer night’s dream, stardust, jonathan strange. tolkien is pretty remarkable for having taken from as many sources as he did and having it hang together like a real mythos instead of pastiche

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

bump_fn posted:

wait what book is this

death’s end

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jesus WEP posted:

I liked the motw/lore combo a lot and thought it really hit a great balance in the back half of the season

that second half was what drew me in, before that i was standoffish but bored so i kept watching

i had no experience past playing some of the third game after buying a bundle, so it filled in a lot for me

FMguru posted:

the special effects being all over the place in terms of quality was extremely lol

it had a real xena budget vibe at times which was a little endearing

shoeberto posted:

I ended up just watching a Youtube recap of the whole Witcher book series before finishing the game so I knew why I should care about the stakes.

with no backstory and starting at 3, it made it super easy to not get to attached to a plot point or care too much about my choices. it was refreshing to go through a dialog and not once care what the town of sticksilvania would have said if i picked differently in game 2 or saved the mayors in the main story

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

perhaps it was the purest witcher playthrough because i was just there to get paid

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/NickdeSemlyen/status/1374083226755604481

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i mean, lol. but also, deducts.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
https://twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status/1374732618571395074?s=20

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
that tail is far too long!!!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

irl lmao

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

id heard people quote the blood bank line before but actually seeing it is incredible

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I assume he writes all his own one-liners like Arnold. But nobody can topple the king.

I watched The Running Man again recently and cracked up for like half an hour at "look, here is Sub-Zero! Now...plain zero!"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sagebrush posted:

I assume he writes all his own one-liners like Arnold. But nobody can topple the king.

I watched The Running Man again recently and cracked up for like half an hour at "look, here is Sub-Zero! Now...plain zero!"
the super-zero... was watching the running man

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
does he really murder a sitting us senator with no more evidence than the senator having used the common phrase "you can take that to the bank" in a campaign ad

i mean in the context of the movie i assume this deduction is spot on but still lmao

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Sagebrush posted:

Dammit, now I need to watch it again

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

was not expecting the intro to Men at Work's Land Down Under at the end there

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Sagebrush posted:

you just gave me a chuckle as i remembered that youtube video of the excerpts of the arnold schwarzenegger commentary of Total Recall where he just describes what is happening on the screen

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I haven't watched a Victorian-setting series since Penny Dreadful, and while the lead here doesn't look a patch on Eva Green, it might while away some time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRz0hBnp_S8

edit: actually that's a bit of a lie, I did watch Year of the Rabbit which I enjoyed a lot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQnsTYsL7NU

NoneMoreNegative fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 25, 2021

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i liked that carnival row show

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I like cara Delvigne’s eyebrows a lot

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

urgh the rare useful comment

quote:

LOL Not one mention in the trailer it's Joss Whedon's. How quickly things change.

:barf:

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

indigi posted:

I like cara Delvigne’s eyebrows a lot

Did u enjoy Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets..? :o:

(actually I liked it as a pretty much straight transfer of a weird french HEAVY METAL story direct to the screen)

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

urgh the rare useful comment

:barf:

he got kicked off of it, I assume for being too horny since it's super clear from his previous work that his fetish is being beat up by an anorexic teenage girl, preferably with superpowers

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

NoneMoreNegative posted:

(actually I liked it as a pretty much straight transfer of a weird french HEAVY METAL story direct to the screen)

it was decent, I had very high Fifth Element level hopes going in which it didn’t come close to, but it was still a fun time

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

qirex posted:

his fetish is being beat up by an anorexic teenage girl, preferably with superpowers

whomst among us

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

please keep up we're all into being trampled by 200 year old vampire giantesses now

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

jesus WEP posted:

please keep up we're all into being trampled by 200 year old vampire giantesses now

indigi posted:

whomst among us

matti
Mar 31, 2019

NoneMoreNegative posted:

i will rewatch that movie right now because its good as all gently caress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6oTziHKM_c

(its bad but it hits too many of my buttons)

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it looks fantastic but the leads are pretty awful

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

jesus WEP posted:

there was a giantess in the trailer but it's joss whedon so she looked 15

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

yes.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Shaggar posted:

the boy lead was utter jarbage. Delvigne can act decent in stuff it’s just clear she wasn’t getting any help from her costar nor Besson and got dragged down

mystes
May 31, 2006

Valerian could have easily been a lot better so it was a bit disappointing, but despite being pretty mediocre it's enjoyable enough to watch overall.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i thought she was way worse in carnival row, but that show was pretty bad in general

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

mystes posted:

Valerian could have easily been a lot better so it was a bit disappointing, but despite being pretty mediocre it's enjoyable enough to watch overall.

everything could have easily been a lot better

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

i didn't. i definitely wanted to but the execution was just, uh, lovely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

they had so little chemistry that i thought they were supposed to be siblings for like 2/3 of the movie.

but it's still great. luc besson does that shiny cheerful sci-fi better than anyone. the opening sequence posted above makes me smile every time