Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I read the book, so I know what story arc you're referencing, and I enjoyed it enough way back when. You saying that it "meandered" is concerning, because I didn't like the last season because of how many episodes it felt like nothing was happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I still have two episodes left, but this season feels more focused than the last season. I couldn't, for the life of me, even tell you was season 2 was about.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I never read the book and as someone from Wisconsin and who has been to the House on the Rock and northern WI I thought all that stuff was great, but I didn't give two shits about all the time they spent with other gods.

I have yet to watch last nights episode.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

GreenNight posted:

Do you want to see a small town murder mystery in northern Wisconsin?

I, too, liked Making a Murderer. :v:

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

CeeJee posted:

Line of Duty is back CHIStches ! With Kelly MacDonald as Keeley Hawes as the troubled, maybe bent copper who may not be bent but sure is acting suspiciously but so is everyone else so it's hard to say.

Kate is probably a triple undercover for AC-144 who investigates corruption in anti corruption squads

MOTHER OF GOD, IT'S A BENT COPPER, FELLA!
*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
I'm watching The Stand now that it's finally available for :canada: and it sure was a decision to spend 70% of the show on the worst part of the book.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
More of the best thing on YouTube, Hangin with Dr Z

https://youtu.be/s8DfeqPH7qo

I seriously loving love this poo poo

"Here's the thing about Pete Davidson: he's like a house someone was murdered in"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm going back and forth on it. Once the Apes novelty wears off it's still just a bunch of bad late night jokes. The interviews are alright, but I was hoping they'd be more chopped up and re-edited Sapce Ghost-style. But it's just a couple improvisers goofing. Which is nice but not mindblowing.

The fake ads are definitely the best part.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1374430317650448389

Sorry for the people who worked hard on the movie but this works for me just fine

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Is it still like $30 extra to watch them, like with the Mulan thing?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yes but at least maybe it'll be possible to see them in theaters this time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

In the US at least free for all vaccinations start on May 5th (or thereabouts), so I'm sure the hope is that the preponderance of adults will be vaccinated by July and willing to head down to the local multiplex.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I kind of want to rewatch some stuff in the theaters like Soul

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

howe_sam posted:

In the US at least free for all vaccinations start on May 5th (or thereabouts), so I'm sure the hope is that the preponderance of adults will be vaccinated by July and willing to head down to the local multiplex.

Over 50% of Republicans say they will not take the vaccine ever which means US is never going to reach herd immunity. So, let's hope we don't have a variant that escapes vaccines by the end of summer (and some are already depressingly close.)

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The vaccine isn't a panacea, but America will sure act like it is.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Could be worse. Could be Europe.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just wanna hang out with my vaccinated friends for the first time in a literal year while the rest of Texas refuses to vaccinate and continues to pack bars and restaurants like they have for the past year.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Yeah, out of a group of 7 of us across 5 households, myself and 3 other friends are now vaccinated (representing 3 households) so we're getting close (well, one only has his first dose so far). We really only need one more "household" in the group vaccinated before risk really drops off.

We did get together outside quite a bit last summer, distanced around a campfire watching movies on a projector. But pretty much everything ceased in November once the weather got too cold.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I just wanna go on some fuckin dates and only worry about stds.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

All I can say is, the female lead needs to play Britney in something (in a Pro-Britney thing I’d hope).

Annaleigh Ashford, right? I haven't seen the show because it looks terrible, but she's drat delightful. I first discovered her as the comic relief receptionist on Showtime's Masters of Sex, and most recently saw her in John Mulaney's Sack Lunch Bunch special, but she's primarily a Broadway actress and a singer.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just wanna hang out with my vaccinated friends for the first time in a literal year while the rest of Texas refuses to vaccinate and continues to pack bars and restaurants like they have for the past year.

You saw the announcement that all adults are eligible starting next week?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

zoux posted:

Eligibility, availability, and willingness are 3 distinct things.

Vaccination isn't some armor you can put on and go "Well, I don't need to care about the idiots that aren't vaccinating because I'm protected."

We can be reasonably certain you won't die or even end up in the hospital. You still might get sick and have to quarantine and miss work/school. You still might be able to pass it on to someone who hasn't been able to get the vaccine or can't take it due to some other condition.

Vaccination means I'm comfortable meeting with others who are vaccinated (or one on one with an unvaccinated person who I know their behavior). It makes me comfortable going to the store masked.

Going into an enclosed space with other strangers for multiple hours or being in crowds unmasked? gently caress to the no. Not until case counts drop to background levels which likely isn't happening this year due idiots being idiots.

Due to the higher transmissibility of the newer variants that are rapidly taking over, we need about 70% of the total us population vaccinated to reach herd immunity and break transmission chains. Once you eliminate those under 16 who won't qualify until much later, that means we need nearly 100% of adults and that's not happening due to reasons we know all too well.

My grandmother's assisted living facility just had to go into lockdown again because one of the staff that refused vaccination tested positive. This sucks because they were JUST starting to let vaccinated people visit in rooms.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 23, 2021

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I work at a manufacturing company and our primary factory is in the sticks. Hardly anyone there wants to get the vaccine and our company is refusing to make it mandatory because they don't want to fire half the staff.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

bull3964 posted:

Due to the higher transmissibility of the newer variants that are rapidly taking over, we need about 70% of the total us population vaccinated to reach herd immunity and break transmission chains.

Is that 70% vaccinated, or 70% with some level of resistance to COVID? Because 30% of the US and counting have already contracted the disease.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

oh jay posted:

Is that 70% vaccinated, or 70% with some level of resistance to COVID? Because 30% of the US and counting have already contracted the disease.

Vaccinated. Natural herd immunity is a myth. Many of the newer variants COMPLETELY escape naturally acquired immunity and natural immunity on any level is orders of magnitude less than vaccinated immunity. If you got it back early last year, not only has your natural immunity diminished enough that you probably would get some sort of infection from the same variant, you are likely not protected at all from any of the newer variants.

The only thing we are going to get by letting this circulate and get people infected are more effective variants. It's going to get us further away from ending this, not closer.

Vaccination really needs to be coupled with a Zero COVID strategy like NZ or Taiwan to eradicate it, but that's never going to happen here so best settle in for yearly booster shots to cover the new variants and yearly deaths several times more than the flu because those idiots that don't get vaccinated are going to keep getting it on a yearly basis until some strain manages to kill them off. We'll just have to cross fingers that we'll be able to stay ahead of it with boosters (which, brace for them suddenly jumping in price and insurance policies not wanting to cover the whole cost.)

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 23, 2021

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Goldbergs star (among other things) George Segal died.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aw man. Never saw him on that but I loved him in Virginia Woolf. And he was always popping up in other shows I watched. drat that sucks.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1374430317650448389

Sorry for the people who worked hard on the movie but this works for me just fine

Yeah in a perfect world we’ll lose most of the chain theaters and just be left with IMAX, indie movie houses, and everyone else streaming the new releases. The inverse will probably happen because spite.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Annaleigh Ashford, right? I haven't seen the show because it looks terrible, but she's drat delightful. I first discovered her as the comic relief receptionist on Showtime's Masters of Sex, and most recently saw her in John Mulaney's Sack Lunch Bunch special, but she's primarily a Broadway actress and a singer.

Yes, it might not be accurate because it’s been a long time but her performance really reminds me of Britney in HIMYM. Middleditch’s character is an unlikeable drag for the most part, but Annaleigh is pretty wonderful. I gave up on Sack Lunch but I’m now inclined to try it again just for her.

Davros1 posted:

The Goldbergs star (among other things) George Segal died.

The show pretty much did a ‘you look like you’re about to die’ episode recently, he’s looked pretty much on his last legs the entire season. Bless him for working to the end, but it was sad to see.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

zoux posted:

Just lol if you think increased eligibility is going to help us deal with the portion of the Texas population who’ve been completely brainwashed for the last four+ years, or the dipshit anti-vaxxer crowd, or the selfish fucks who just plain don’t care and haven’t cared for the last year.

bull3964 posted:

Vaccination means I'm comfortable meeting with others who are vaccinated (or one on one with an unvaccinated person who I know their behavior). It makes me comfortable going to the store masked.

Going into an enclosed space with other strangers for multiple hours or being in crowds unmasked? gently caress to the no. Not until case counts drop to background levels which likely isn't happening this year due idiots being idiots.

This is pretty much where I’m at. I’ll be happy to just hang with vaccinated friends finally and not have panic attacks in crowded stores anymore, but you probably won’t find me at a movie theater, indoor concert, or a baseball game until 2022. And that really sucks, but that’s the way it is now thanks to all the selfish fucks out there.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
God, there is no end in sight for the US. So sad/frustrating at the same time.

Meanwhile I'm going to a sporting event with 70,000 other people and no mask in 2 days. Feels good!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I know what kind of people live in this country now and frankly I'll be fine never being in crowded places with them ever again. These people will kill you any chance they get.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looten Plunder posted:

Meanwhile I'm going to a sporting event with 70,000 other people and no mask in 2 days. Feels good!

I mean... you don’t have to?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Khanstant posted:

I know what kind of people live in this country now and frankly I'll be fine never being in crowded places with them ever again. These people will kill you any chance they get.

It's really hard to look at like 90% of the people you know with anything other than open contempt anymore

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I mean... you don’t have to?

No, it actually feels good. We don't need to wear masks and there is no COVID.

I was comparing the situation where I live to the awfulness of the US.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I'm starting to warm up to Young Rock a lot more, the wrestlers are still the best part, but the rest of the show is coming along better now.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's really hard to look at like 90% of the people you know with anything other than open contempt anymore

this would have been a perfect username-post combo if trump were still president

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I don't remeber on which threads recommendation but I've been watching season 1 of Columbo and wow. It's like the anti-murder-mystery.

Every episode goes like this. You get to see the culprit kill the victim and cover up the crime in extensive detail. Then Columbo arrives at the scene, intuits who the likely culprit is within minutes and then spends the remaining 60 minute run-time feigning ignorance while antagonizing and terrorizing the murderer. :allears:

It's great!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm still enjoying Debris but I'm not sure if it will really find an audience. It is very deliberately paced without a lot of straight up action.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

MiddleOne posted:

I don't remeber on which threads recommendation but I've been watching season 1 of Columbo and wow. It's like the anti-murder-mystery.

Every episode goes like this. You get to see the culprit kill the victim and cover up the crime in extensive detail. Then Columbo arrives at the scene, intuits who the likely culprit is within minutes and then spends the remaining 60 minute run-time feigning ignorance while antagonizing and terrorizing the murderer. :allears:

It's great!

And 95% of the culprits are rich and/or smugly elitist shits who think they’re too important and too smart for anyone to stop them getting away with it. Columbo is pretty much the one cop who’s still fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Is there a reason why seemingly everyone on Twitter, Discord, and SA has been watching old Columbo episodes for the last two or three months?