Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Aardvark! posted:

changed the thread title to hopefully pull in some new posters :rubshands:

I like this better than the sarcastic "Almost There!" one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Time to reminisce about the 90s

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I had jeans that were more hole than jean, then later I had jeans that had more jean than 3 pairs of jeans, both of these things were very cool

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

In 1999 I went to a concert featuring The Offspring, The Barenaked Ladies, Eve 6, Everlast, Fuel, Lit, Luscious Jackson, and Smash Mouth.

I was wearing giant JNCOs with ziploc bags full of hot KFC duct taped to my legs because my dad said he would take me to this daylong concert but he would NOT pay those outrageous food prices at the venue.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

this is me and my dad in the 90s

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fucker made a time machine! :chanpop:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Uuuggghhhhhhhhhh. :negative:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I googled myself and discovered there's a fake me posting comments under videos about semen retention

I hope anyone thinking about hiring me finds this

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Grumblepuff posted:

Takes off sunglasses with the same hand holding my Cuban cigar.

Meme Poker Party, you've got the goods, kid!

Drives off in my Ferrari F40, blaring Van Halen

How are you blaring Van Halen? F40s dont have audio systems

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Tip posted:

I googled myself and discovered there's a fake me posting comments under videos about semen retention

I hope anyone thinking about hiring me finds this

wasn't there something like this, with levels going up with the days of no wanking

eventually culminating at day 100 or something with the ability to read thoughts or move objects with the mind or something

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

do you think "stay up" is just what these permanently erect dudes say to each other?

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

You think you taught me a lesson, babe
Betcha think you "got through to me"
No one gets through here anymore
Right

fridge corn posted:

How are you blaring Van Halen? F40s dont have audio systems

lower my shades with one finger, my class ring sparkles in the sun

Uh, boom box bro. Take a picture, it'll last longer!

Me and my 5 other friends in the car laugh at you. We peel out on your lawn, setting us up at the antagonists in the story.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Grumblepuff posted:

lower my shades with one finger, my class ring sparkles in the sun

Uh, boom box bro. Take a picture, it'll last longer!

Me and my 5 other friends in the car laugh at you. We peel out on your lawn, setting us up at the antagonists in the story.

Uhh I'm looking at an F40 right now and I'm struggling to see how you're gonna fit 6 people and a boom box inside of one

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tip posted:

I still need to try the impossible burger, I want to believe the hype but I've been lied to before.

They aren’t bad for what they are. Grill em and top em with whatever you normally put on a burg. Yeah the taste/texture are just slightly off but it’s close enough to satisfy the burgin urge in a pinch.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I AM ON DAY 37 OF NO JERK
37 DAYS DAWN TO DUSK OF ABSOLUTELY NO DONG TOUCH
I AM RIPE WITH ENERGY AND HAVE NEVER FELT MORE ALIVE THAN RIGHT NOW
37 CONSTANT DAYS OF MASTERING MY OWN COUNCIL
I AM STAYING UP AND STAYING RIGHT GOD SPEED AND GOD BLESS 37 ANGELS

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

wtf is with the hand on garth's shoulder

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

Right

fridge corn posted:

Uhh I'm looking at an F40 right now and I'm struggling to see how you're gonna fit 6 people and a boom box inside of one

I sling my letterman's jacket over my shoulders.

Look at this guy! "Researching" a car?! HAHA. What. A. SQUARE!

The cute blond(e) you had a crush on walks past you and plants a kiss on my cheek.

"Sorry, fridge corn, but he has a car and the concert is tonight!"

All seven of us hop into my F40 with our ski gear and head to the mountains. It is a beautiful winter day in Florida, as the sun sets over the Atlantic.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Grumblepuff posted:

I sling my letterman's jacket over my shoulders.

Look at this guy! "Researching" a car?! HAHA. What. A. SQUARE!

The cute blond(e) you had a crush on walks past you and plants a kiss on my cheek.

"Sorry, fridge corn, but he has a car and the concert is tonight!"

All seven of us hop into my F40 with our ski gear and head to the mountains. It is a beautiful winter day in Florida, as the sun sets over the Atlantic.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

They aren’t bad for what they are. Grill em and top em with whatever you normally put on a burg. Yeah the taste/texture are just slightly off but it’s close enough to satisfy the burgin urge in a pinch.

It could just be that I eat a shitload of black beans in general but impossible just tastes like black bean. This is not a complaint.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I think they're nice but just in a different way. They're definitely flavoursome. I eat meat but to be honest the main barrier to me buying them right now is the ludicrous price. I'd happily switch to them for most of my burg needs if they weren't like five quid for two or whatever. Also obviously the best way to eat burgs is to make your own with whatever herbs and spices you like and a bunch of blue cheese in the middle.

Grumblepuff
Dec 29, 2018

Right
Well drat, I wasn't expecting my comeuppance until 3/4 of the way into the thread.

I am left in a pile of snow, only my feet visible, as you drive off into the sunset with the first place trophy for posting

Literally A Person, what's your take on Beyond Meat? Edit: /\/\/\ Jakabite, if you've tried, what's your opinion of it, too?

I've had it before- not too bad. The taste is in the ballpark of meat, and the texture is off but not by an unappealing degree.

Grumblepuff fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 24, 2021

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Grumblepuff posted:

Well drat, I wasn't expecting my comeuppance until 3/4 of the way into the thread.

I am left in a pile of snow, only my feet visible, as you drive off into the sunset with the first place trophy for posting

Literally A Person, what's your take on Beyond Meat? Edit: /\/\/\ Jakabite, if you've tried, what's your opinion of it, too?

I've had it before- not too bad. The taste is in the ballpark of meat, and the texture is off but not by an unappealing degree.

I don't know if I've had it honestly. But I'll get there eventually. I'm a big fan of non-meats. Despite being meat eaters we eat vegetarian (minus fish sauce) most of the time.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The Beyond burgs ain’t bad either, although I prefer Impossible if I have a choice. Once again if it’s covered in burg topping you ain’t gonna miss the difference.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

20 years of not eating meat and the current fad of overpriced pseudo-meats hogging shelf space is terrible.

Beyond meat/Impossible/etc are all really expensive and are pretty much blended stuff like peas or beetroot. A basic mixed-vegetable or bean burger has more flavour than them.

If you're swapping it out but still seeking that 'meaty texture', soya burgers have always been the best for grilling, but now they're being rebranded and rocketing up in price to capitalise the growing market. Used to be like 8 for £1, now it's 6 for £3. EXTORTION!

Oh and anything 'jackfruit' based needs to be fire into a volcano

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

If you're UK based, the chilled 'Plant Menu no-pork' vegan sausage rolls in Aldis are amazing

I will admit that chicken style frozen burgers they do in there are pretty good, but again - bland.

Get some Massels stock and sprinkle a bit on like salt, and it works well. Although it looks like a paint can, it is vegan.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Ratjaculation posted:

20 years of not eating meat and the current fad of overpriced pseudo-meats hogging shelf space is terrible.

Beyond meat/Impossible/etc are all really expensive and are pretty much blended stuff like peas or beetroot. A basic mixed-vegetable or bean burger has more flavour than them.

If you're swapping it out but still seeking that 'meaty texture', soya burgers have always been the best for grilling, but now they're being rebranded and rocketing up in price to capitalise the growing market. Used to be like 8 for £1, now it's 6 for £3. EXTORTION!

Oh and anything 'jackfruit' based needs to be fire into a volcano

I will say this, we grow a shitload of fava beans in spring. Like, so many we have trouble using them all. I turned a bunch into burgs by mixing in tvp and some other choice ingredients and, fellas, that fava burgy is the best drat non-meat burgy I've ever had.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Literally A Person posted:

I will say this, we grow a shitload of fava beans in spring. Like, so many we have trouble using them all. I turned a bunch into burgs by mixing in tvp and some other choice ingredients and, fellas, that fava burgy is the best drat non-meat burgy I've ever had.

Bet they go well with a nice Chianti

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Sounds good my dude

but where is mine?

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Ratjaculation posted:

Sounds good my dude

but where is mine?

Right here on the sunny Oregon coast. Breath in that sea air.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

Right here on the sunny Oregon coast. Breath in that sea air.

My cousin grew up in Astoria, the Oregon coast (at least that part of it) is p cool

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I normally take both big dogs at once for their daily walk at lunchtime but today Mrs Tantrum took the girl out on her walk this morning, meaning me and the boy got to have some quality time this afternoon just doing guy stuff like sniffin’ fence posts and then pissin’ nearby.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I normally take both big dogs at once for their daily walk at lunchtime but today Mrs Tantrum took the girl out on her walk this morning, meaning me and the boy got to have some quality time this afternoon just doing guy stuff like sniffin’ fence posts and then pissin’ nearby.

gonna need to see some pics here :crossarms:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
this is one of the funniest things i ever seen

https://twitter.com/SomeonesAnIdiot/status/1374478669666656263?s=20

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Holy poo poo lol

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

it's a better surprise if i leave this out

William Henry Hairytaint fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 24, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Aardvark! posted:

gonna need to see some pics here :crossarms:

We didn’t take any pics on sniffin and pissin but here is the aftermath of a good long walk.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

milky