Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Another originally grey character Beast was turned blue when they found out it was cheaper to print blue than grey

E: wow nice snipe. Uh. I appreciate how the movie isn't super saturated like the whedon cut that made me feel like I'm watching a movie on Samsung galaxy s7 the whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Might then be a happy accident that it ties in with his whole gamma radiation thing.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

Snyder fans can be pretty obnoxious.

Actually, the opposite reading is true.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

There are obnoxious Snyder fans and also obnoxious Snyder anti-fans. Such is life.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The whole furor over SnyderBros is in fact similar to the centrist hatred for "Bernie Bros." The obviously crazy idea that a bunch of randos on social media are in cahoots, and that the person they're a fan of could possibly be responsible for them and their beliefs.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

After like 8 years I still don't know what makes people so angry about Snyder.
It's because they were deliberately taught wrong, as a joke. The MCU conditioned people to see expository dialogue and soy bants as the actual storytelling. So along comes Snyder with a movie where a character is cool and capable, and also bad. But South Park's Mr. Mackey isn't there saying "Exposing children to die is bad, mmkay?" So they think Snyder is a fascist who endorses fascist things.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Augus posted:

There are obnoxious Snyder fans and also obnoxious Snyder anti-fans. Such is life.

If only Darkseid found the Anti-Fan Equation.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Augus posted:

heroes on both sides and so on and so on...

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Kharn_The_Betrayer posted:

heroes on both sides and so on and so on...

:sickos:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Halloween Jack posted:

The whole furor over SnyderBros is in fact similar to the centrist hatred for "Bernie Bros." The obviously crazy idea that a bunch of randos on social media are in cahoots, and that the person they're a fan of could possibly be responsible for them and their beliefs.

Wasn't the prototypical Bernie Bro a cspammer who got perma'd recently?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Augus posted:

Truly you have mastered the anti-fan equation.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
Is The Flash being Jewish a Snyder change?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Taintrunner, guy who obnoxiously attacked anyone he thought was insufficiently leftist, not only turned out to be a sex pest but also crashed at Sady Doyle's place, who wrote the original Bernie Bro article. It's extremely possible that he was the inspiration.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

RBA Starblade posted:

The prototypical Bernie Bro was an Obama Boy in 2008.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

Taintrunner, guy who obnoxiously attacked anyone he thought was insufficiently leftist, not only turned out to be a sex pest but also crashed at Sady Doyle's place, who wrote the original Bernie Bro article. It's extremely possible that he was the inspiration.

Lmao I wondered why I havent seen that insane dude again going berserk on people in GB thread lately

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neurolimal posted:

And people say SA isn't relevant anymore :v:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The prototypical Bernie Bro was an Obama Boy in 2008.
Snyder haters in 2008:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGGq82AgbF4

:haw:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KVeezy3 posted:

Is The Flash being Jewish a Snyder change?

Ezra Miller is Jewish so it's probably something he suggested himself.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

RE: Anti-Life Equation, it’s probably a reference to Kant and his assertion that, if we were to directly access the noumenal domain:
Well, it originally got its name because it has the power to rob people of free will, leaving them sentient and intelligent, but unable to exist for anything but the will of Darkseid. It's pretty ripe for a Zizekian interpretation.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

RE: Anti-Life Equation, it’s probably a reference to Kant and his assertion that, if we were to directly access the noumenal domain:

“God and eternity in their awful majesty would stand unceasingly before our eyes. … Thus most actions conforming to the law would be done from fear, few would be done from hope, none from duty. The moral worth of actions, on which alone the worth of the person and even of the world depends in the eyes of supreme wisdom, would not exist at all. The conduct of man, so long as his nature remained as it is now, would be changed into mere mechanism, where, as in a puppet show, everything would gesticulate well but no life would be found in the figures.”

New Gods references Hesse, Omar Khayamm, Neitschze, etc. No probably about it here, it was Kirby's attempt at comic book philosophy.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Ezra Miller is Jewish so it's probably something he suggested himself.

For sure; but this is comic book movie world, where Jessica Alba has to don blue eyes and blond hair to preserve the sanctity of race canon.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KVeezy3 posted:

For sure; but this is comic book movie world, where Jessica Alba has to don blue eyes and blond hair to preserve the sanctity of race canon.

Good thing the Justice League director has a track record of getting and using input from his cast members. I heard Flash being into Yoga was Miller's idea and Snyder loved it.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Detective No. 27 posted:

Good thing the Justice League director has a track record of getting and using input from his cast members. I heard Flash being into Yoga was Miller's idea and Snyder loved it.
There's probably a fun Ultimates-style Earth-7 project where Ultimate Flash is like Ultimate Thor, crunchy new age hippie into "vibrational resonance" and "healing crystal wavelengths" because that's how he sees his powerset and the world.

Yoga Flash was great because of course the focus/stretching would help a speedster.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

My favorite anecdote that shows Snyder's level of collaboration with his actors was for Sucker Punch, with Emily Browning who had no singing experience prior, and ended up singing vocals on multiple tracks that play over the film.

“It actually began because Zack and I were talking about our favourite music and I told him that the Smiths was my favourite band. And he said, ‘Oh, I know Morrissey.’ I was like, ‘Uh, what?…Then a couple of weeks later he said, ‘I have the rights to the Smiths song for the soundtrack.’ I said, ‘That’s amazing.’ He said, ‘Yeah, do you wanna sing it?’ I said, ‘Uh, okay.’ It’s terrifying but how can I turn that down, you know, if Zack believes in me enough to ask me if I wanted to do it and the fact that it’s a Morrissey song, it’s kind of like I couldn’t really say no.”
- Emily Browning

Another example of Zack's consent issues.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

The football game is a very good example of using slow motion to convey feelings of elation. The character is all but literally floating towards the endzone, while an actual-speed version of the same events would be like five seconds of a dude falling over.

Like Bruce says, it's in his nature.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

KVeezy3 posted:

My favorite anecdote that shows Snyder's level of collaboration with his actors was for Sucker Punch, with Emily Browning who had no singing experience prior, and ended up singing vocals on multiple tracks that play over the film.

“It actually began because Zack and I were talking about our favourite music and I told him that the Smiths was my favourite band. And he said, ‘Oh, I know Morrissey.’ I was like, ‘Uh, what?…Then a couple of weeks later he said, ‘I have the rights to the Smiths song for the soundtrack.’ I said, ‘That’s amazing.’ He said, ‘Yeah, do you wanna sing it?’ I said, ‘Uh, okay.’ It’s terrifying but how can I turn that down, you know, if Zack believes in me enough to ask me if I wanted to do it and the fact that it’s a Morrissey song, it’s kind of like I couldn’t really say no.”
- Emily Browning

Another example of Zack's consent issues.

That's amazing. I'm due for a rewatch of Sucker Punch.

Sir Kodiak posted:

Like Bruce says, it's in his nature.

Thinking about it, the entire plan to stop the unification was to get Flash to push Cyborg into the endzone.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Neurolimal posted:

hahahaha wtf

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Neurolimal posted:

lmao what the gently caress

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
That’s Amazing.

Although as stated by Ghost Leviathan, the Bernie Bro is the same sort of narrative Hillary folks like to put out to discredit her opponents like she did with Obama.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Neurolimal posted:

Fun fact: Jeff aka Taintrunner had his girlfriends parents paying his rent in college.

This girlfriends dad was the writer of Steven Segals "On Deadly Ground".

Im still blown away he ended up both infamous in my real life AND here.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

The reason Taintrunner got perma’d, specifically, is because he was found to be a re-reg of Jefferoo, a goon who was perma’d for accusations of sexual assault.

This is relevant to CineD insomuch as we may remember him as having written one of the most embarrassing posts in the sub forum’s history, where he tried to defend Pacific Rim against SMG by claiming it was a movie “by the doers, for the doers.”

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Like the Bernie Bro Narrative, SnyderBro narrative can be used as a bludgeon, specifically to to the actual person who is at the center of things and the material of their things.

But it's silly to pretend that there's nothing to it when Snyder fans have driven women in power off of the internet and many reporters/reviewers have expressed that they're experiencing death threats or just continued harassment for their most basic responses. Like is that representative of most Snyder fans, nah? And it doesn't make his movies bad (Other things do that).

But as trans person who works in education who has worked with multiple real-life Bernie Bros who I've seen act horrifically to me or my coworkers of color, poo poo's real. And it sucks when people are like, 'There's nothing to it." Because there is. Not trying to shift the conversation to Bernie, but saying it does suck when you're told something you do experience is a lie.

But it doesn't make Snyder bad or Bernie Sanders bad. We should have conversations on the merit of them and their work. There are just a lot of sad and mediocre people, mostly white dudes, who will glomp on things as an excuse to justify being an rear end in a top hat.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
So I’ve trying to read the thread since the 15th but drat it moved FAST lol

Went to a friend’s house on Friday and smoked a joint and watched it.

Pretty much what I always imagined it would be: incredible

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

What women in power have Snyder Bros driven off the internet?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Timeless Appeal posted:

Like the Bernie Bro Narrative, SnyderBro narrative can be used as a bludgeon, specifically to to the actual person who is at the center of things and the material of their things.

But it's silly to pretend that there's nothing to it when Snyder fans have driven women in power off of the internet and many reporters/reviewers have expressed that they're experiencing death threats or just continued harassment for their most basic responses. Like is that representative of most Snyder fans, nah? And it doesn't make his movies bad (Other things do that).

But as trans person who works in education who has worked with multiple real-life Bernie Bros who I've seen act horrifically to me or my coworkers of color, poo poo's real. And it sucks when people are like, 'There's nothing to it." Because there is. Not trying to shift the conversation to Bernie, but saying it does suck when you're told something you do experience is a lie.

But it doesn't make Snyder bad or Bernie Sanders bad. We should have conversations on the merit of them and their work. There are just a lot of sad and mediocre people, mostly white dudes, who will glomp on things as an excuse to justify being an rear end in a top hat.

Yeah this is a good post/point, I think what we often react to here is that idea that like, this behavior is 1) exclusive to these specific groups and 2) a direct result of the central figure's message/philosophy/ideology and not group dynamics in the 21st century on social media. Like I would never want to diminish anyone's experience of being harassed/threatened but it also sucks when it's assumed that that behavior is a direct (and inevitable) result of liking one specific person, and you're basically already suspect for being in that group (especially in the case of women/POC/LGBTQ people in that community who are made to feel invisible by this narrative).

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I have no difficulty believing that somebody who behaves very badly openly enjoyed something.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Here's a new hot take: The Snyder Cut is bad because it didn't do enough to get Amy Adams fans energized to campaign for her to get an Oscar for it (?): https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/justice-league-amy-adams

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The issue is that because of the nature of social media, you can start with a premise like "I bet Jeremy Renner fans think Cambodians are terrible drivers," find at least one person online who fits the description, and smear whatever group you don't like. Centrist media networks did this to Sanders constantly, and there's a whole ecosystem of right-wing outlets like Heat Street publishing enraged articles about a single tweet that they found.

A common observation of the Snyder Cut phenomenon is "You won! Why are you still arguing?" But victory isn't getting the movie, it's not having your tastes associated with Gamergate and such for no real reason.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
What a useless, whiny article lol. All the hardcore Snyder fans I know adore Amy Adams.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Chairman Capone posted:

Here's a new hot take: The Snyder Cut is bad because it didn't do enough to get Amy Adams fans energized to campaign for her to get an Oscar for it (?): https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/justice-league-amy-adams

lmao holy hell so the argument is Snyder is a monster for...casting a good actress in his film and having her be an important and central role?

This is literally an insane position to take

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Chairman Capone posted:

This is a turbo dumb take.