Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Chairman Capone posted:

What women in power have Snyder Bros driven off the internet?

The CEO that's David Sarnoff's granddaughter or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I think if they had split this into two movies with part 1 ending after chapter 4 (with part 1 coming a week after part 2), there wouldn't be nearly as many complaints about the length. Still can't get over how much better the score is in this. It makes several scenes.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The CEO that's David Sarnoff's granddaughter or whatever.

Oh, that lady that basically said “WB doesn’t have a race problem, we have Walter Hamada!”

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Spacebump posted:

I think if they had split this into two movies with part 1 ending after chapter 4 (with part 1 coming a week after part 2), there wouldn't be nearly as many complaints about the length. Still can't get over how much better the score is in this. It makes several scenes.

The guitar growl whenever the team preps out is, quite simply, radical.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Chairman Capone posted:

Here's a new hot take: The Snyder Cut is bad because it didn't do enough to get Amy Adams fans energized to campaign for her to get an Oscar for it (?): https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/justice-league-amy-adams

How do people so frequently manage to misspell "zack"? It's four letters!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Detective No. 27 posted:

That's amazing. I'm due for a rewatch of Sucker Punch.

Are both versions of Sucker Punch worth watching or just the director's cut?

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The guitar growl whenever the team preps out is, quite simply, radical.

Easily one of my favorite bits. It was so awesome.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Spacebump posted:

I mean I legit think they could have cut this current version down to a comfortable 3.25 hours if they lost the extended epilogue and tightened things up a bit without losing a ton. The context of the release is basically the entire point, it's more like one of the Lord of the Rings Extended Editions than a typical theater release.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Spacebump posted:

Are both versions of Sucker Punch worth watching or just the director's cut?

Just the Director's Cut. And please do keep in mind that many of us consider it to be Snyder's weakest film, even if the impetus behind it was wonderful.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
I can't speak to the watchability of the theatrical cut, but I'm aware that it excised a really important scene that's in the extended cut. And they also took out the musical number.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Just the Director's Cut. And please do keep in mind that many of us consider it to be Snyder's weakest film, even if the impetus behind it was wonderful.

I'm one of those sexists who thinks it's his best film.

KVeezy3 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 24, 2021

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just copying what I said on discord but imagine coming here and saying, "drat toxic snyder bros!" and then seeing this image.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Who are the women in power?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8gHubY94rA

Someone should make a BvS music video of this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Got you covered from a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_eHQu2e7W8

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
The entire last section of the Release The Snyder Cut book is blurbs from fans to Zack and RTSC

One of them is a trans woman praising the movement and community for providing her a safe space and positive support while she struggled with suicidal thoughts while enduring ongoing sexual harassment and abuse by a family member.

So toxic.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Someone please ask Snyder to put this in the BVS cut.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

A SnyderBro is a person who thinks BvS is "perfect" but hasn't even seen Excalibur. Who largely defines their fandom of Snyder movies as oppositional to Marvel movies. To be utterly basic.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Wow. That was more fitting than I expected.

Have a pic of a sweet statue I saw in Tokyo when BvS hit DVD/Blu-Ray

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Equeen posted:

Oh, that lady that basically said “WB doesn’t have a race problem, we have Walter Hamada!”

Yes, lol. Just a shitshow.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

Kamala Harris

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Neurolimal posted:

Taintrunner, guy who obnoxiously attacked anyone he thought was insufficiently leftist, not only turned out to be a sex pest but also crashed at Sady Doyle's place, who wrote the original Bernie Bro article. It's extremely possible that he was the inspiration.

The most important thing to remember is that Taintrunner was actually Jefferoo, who wrote that fascist screed in response to SMG in the Pacific Rim thread.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

Diane Nelson

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ferrinus posted:

The most important thing to remember is that Taintrunner was actually Jefferoo, who wrote that fascist screed in response to SMG in the Pacific Rim thread.

Whoa

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Equeen posted:

I wonder if she's the same person who said "Geoff Johns isn't racist, his ex wife is Lebanese."

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mr. Apollo posted:

I wonder if she's the same person who said "Geoff Johns isn't racist, his ex wife is Lebanese."

Lmao.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Mr. Apollo posted:

Huh, I think I'm friends with his ex-wife's cousin. She knew I was into Flash comics and asked me if I wanted to meet him. Never did, though.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Sodomy Hussein posted:

A SnyderBro is a person who thinks BvS is "perfect" but hasn't even seen Excalibur. Who largely defines their fandom of Snyder movies as oppositional to Marvel movies. To be utterly basic.

This is a pretty fair definition, I'd say

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Ferrinus posted:

lmao holy poo poo

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Timeless Appeal posted:

Like the Bernie Bro Narrative, SnyderBro narrative can be used as a bludgeon, specifically to to the actual person who is at the center of things and the material of their things.

But it's silly to pretend that there's nothing to it when Snyder fans have driven women in power off of the internet and many reporters/reviewers have expressed that they're experiencing death threats or just continued harassment for their most basic responses. Like is that representative of most Snyder fans, nah? And it doesn't make his movies bad (Other things do that).

But as trans person who works in education who has worked with multiple real-life Bernie Bros who I've seen act horrifically to me or my coworkers of color, poo poo's real. And it sucks when people are like, 'There's nothing to it." Because there is. Not trying to shift the conversation to Bernie, but saying it does suck when you're told something you do experience is a lie.

But it doesn't make Snyder bad or Bernie Sanders bad. We should have conversations on the merit of them and their work. There are just a lot of sad and mediocre people, mostly white dudes, who will glomp on things as an excuse to justify being an rear end in a top hat.
But when Marvel movie fans do the same stuff, why are they not called "Marvel-bros?" Where are the articles about "Russo-bros" and how dangerous they are? (and of course, where were the articles about "Hillary bros" doing the same poo poo)

For me, the defensiveness isn't about claiming an instance of harassment didn't happen, it's about pushing back against the narrative that the bad behavior somehow relates to the creator and subject of the fandom more than for the countless other cases of this poo poo happening with every fandom and group imaginable, including ones that are far more accepted in the mainstream.

If you're relating that you had personal instances of this happen to you with this specific fandom and not others, that's fine of course, but I think it's very important to clarify whether what you're really saying is just "this harassment is actually happening," or "this harassment is actually happening in this group more than in others."

Martman fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Mar 24, 2021

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I still maintain Hillary supporters should've been referred to as "hill folk"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Why has this goddamn forum ended up being the epicenter for American politics since 9/11?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Why has this goddamn forum ended up being the epicenter for American politics since 9/11?

there's no such thing as apolitical media

the bigger question is "why are TVIV / Book Barn / ADTRW so pathologically apolitical" and the answer is mostly "cowardice" :v:

e: if you meant SA in general and not CineD specifically, then it's probably because C-SPAM drives more traffic than the entire rest of the site combined. SA's primary relevance to the greater internet is that even in its current state of decline it's one of the bigger left-wing social spaces on the web, as hilarious as that sounds given the site's history

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 24, 2021

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Nap Ghost

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think 4chan came into existence because of something that happened on these forums. We’re kind of responsible for quite a bit of real world stuff. At point at SA’s peak I think we were the 6th most trafficked site on the web. The paywall helped in a lot of ways too with regards to discussion/posting base as did a more strict moderation and as the goons grew up. Some Debate and Discussion posters are in legit political organizations and whatnot.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
We used to party at an old Brooklyn mansion Pratt students lived in and Jefferoo/Taintunner snitched to the RAs and ruined one of the best maintained secrets at the school.

He also lived there for awhile with his gf and my ex who also lived there, yet never even went to the school, he just hadnt convinced his girlfriends parents to pay his rent yet. He snitched out of spite and revenge towards our friend.

He also got into a loud drunken argument at Thanksgiving once about how his weird perspective as a white dude wrt to race and feminism should not be discounted just because he was a cis white male.

He also told me in person he had once shot and killed a home invader with a shotgun.

Boy do I got stories lol.

Sorry getting a little off topic but this is still really crazy to consistently see one of the infamous figures of my college years come up throughout SA.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

teagone posted:

This has happened to me a few times; just un-fullscreen the video and fullscreen it again.

didn't do a thing, just did it like 30 times in a row

roffels posted:

Mine was window boxed until i held ctrl and used the mouse wheel to zoom in.

I guess this works, not really though, except the picture looks off and there's still a bar on the right no matter what.

I'd show you a picture but now every screen shot I try to take of it is just a full black screen, sigh.

appreciate you 2 trying to help anyway.

runaway dog fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Mar 24, 2021

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

there's no such thing as apolitical media

the bigger question is "why are TVIV / Book Barn / ADTRW so pathologically apolitical" and the answer is mostly "cowardice" :v:

e: if you meant SA in general and not CineD specifically, then it's probably because C-SPAM drives more traffic than the entire rest of the site combined. SA's primary relevance to the greater internet is that even in its current state of decline it's one of the bigger left-wing social spaces on the web, as hilarious as that sounds given the site's history

I meant the forums as a whole.

Yesterday I learned that John Kerry personally negotiated the release of a goon from a Syrian prison camp a few years ago.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
Gotta admit, Caro was a doer

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Martman posted:

But when Marvel movie fans do the same stuff, why are they not called "Marvel-bros?" Where are the articles about "Russo-bros" and how dangerous they are? (and of course, where were the articles about "Hillary bros" doing the same poo poo)

For me, the defensiveness isn't about claiming an instance of harassment didn't happen, it's about pushing back against the narrative that the bad behavior somehow relates to the creator and subject of the fandom more than for the countless other cases of this poo poo happening with every fandom and group imaginable, including ones that are far more accepted in the mainstream.

If you're relating that you had personal instances of this happen to you with this specific fandom and not others, that's fine of course, but I think it's very important to clarify whether what you're really saying is just "this harassment is actually happening," or "this harassment is actually happening in this group more than in others."

I remember years ago when The Avengers came out, one of the earliest negative reviews was written by a woman and as is wont to happen when a woman writes something negative about a comic book movie, she got a ton of death threats. I remember it really felt like it got swept under the rug pretty quickly.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/shoumikitiki/status/1374173794575716356?s=20

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Browsing some of the reddit/otherforums discussion my new favourite thing are the dozens of people complaining that after WW saves the building (lol) from blowing up, she destroys it anyway. She might as well not have showed up!

It's very funny to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

the funniest part of this exchange was the fact that it happened right after WW exploded a guy into pink mist in front of everyone

that little girl is a sociopath.