Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
I am prepared for the unnerfing.

### its backkkkk
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Flybooter
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 1x (1) The Caverns Below
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 1x (2) Tenwu of the Red Smoke
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 2x (3) Self-Sharpening Sword
# 1x (3) Sonya Shadowdancer
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
#
AAEBAaIHBJG8AobCAs/hAsPhAw3tAp8DiAXjBYgHhgmXwQLVjAO/rgOqywPV1AP31APn3QMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Edit: I've altered this slightly - dropped Patches, both eviscerates, added a toggwaggle's scheme and 2 scalehide. I am prepared.

Mulligan for Raiding party, that will complete Core. Shadowblade might be a swap for Self-sharpening - it's mostly there to cheapen Cutting Class for More Draw. (And I guess removal/extra face)

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Mar 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I've been playing Yogg DH for the last 2 days, and haven't gotten the rod of roasting once. It's been a lot of games, and yogg is really letting me down. Blur rotates and this deck dies.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Amoeba102 posted:

I've been playing Yogg DH for the last 2 days, and haven't gotten the rod of roasting once. It's been a lot of games, and yogg is really letting me down. Blur rotates and this deck dies.
It took me about 2 days of casually queuing up Blur Yogg DH on the side to finally get Roasting Rod. Must have been 25+ games. Sometimes RNG just hates you.

When I did finally get it Yogg blasted me in the face no less than 8 times before killing my opponent, which just goes to show what a bastard he is.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Just a reminder to not rush into today's Tavern Brawl unless you really, REALLY want another classic card pack.

Starting with the patch tomorrow, Tavern Brawls will reward Year of the Phoenix packs.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I have 20 classic packs unopened. I feel like at this point it's a battle of wills - I'll keep them for years until they offer an incremental improvement to average dust value over what they offer now.

Or if I just need some extra dust.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Flayer posted:

It took me about 2 days of casually queuing up Blur Yogg DH on the side to finally get Roasting Rod. Must have been 25+ games. Sometimes RNG just hates you.

When I did finally get it Yogg blasted me in the face no less than 8 times before killing my opponent, which just goes to show what a bastard he is.

Yeah, I managed to get it on my first try when playing ranked at the start of the month. But have just been trying to get the last hurrah for the deck before rotation. I see it only has a 5% chance, I thought it was higher. I knew it was less common, but not that low comparatively. I though maybe 10% v 18% not 5% v 19%.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, I managed to get it on my first try when playing ranked at the start of the month. But have just been trying to get the last hurrah for the deck before rotation. I see it only has a 5% chance, I thought it was higher. I knew it was less common, but not that low comparatively. I though maybe 10% v 18% not 5% v 19%.
You are a sucker for punishment. Playing that deck actually killed any desire I had to go achievement hunting afterwards and I definitely won't be going for any "last hurrahs" for bloody Yogg.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
https://twitter.com/GallonHS/status/1374153047916613639

Which means hunter can pull her with the legendary and get a free draw!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Flayer posted:

You are a sucker for punishment. Playing that deck actually killed any desire I had to go achievement hunting afterwards and I definitely won't be going for any "last hurrahs" for bloody Yogg.

Well, I'm not doing it in ranked, just messing around in casual when not trying so much.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

gandlethorpe posted:

https://twitter.com/GallonHS/status/1374153047916613639

Which means hunter can pull her with the legendary and get a free draw!
I don't get the Mankirk stuff. I assume it's a reference to something from WoW but I must never have run across the zone where he is featured.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

NorgLyle posted:

I don't get the Mankirk stuff. I assume it's a reference to something from WoW but I must never have run across the zone where he is featured.
https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/16-years-later-world-of-warcraft-players-finally-found-mankriks-wifein-hell/

Which means we'll undoubtedly see the undead version of Mankriks wife in a future card set release (maybe even the mini-set for Forge of the Barrens).

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

NorgLyle posted:

Mankrik is a Horde questgiver in the Barrens who asks you to find his wife, who is missing after they were both attacked by quillboars. In the days of vanilla WoW there was no indication where to search, and "where is Mankrik's wife?" became a Barrens chat meme. You eventually find her body and Mankrik becomes genocidally anti-quillboar

edit:

Flayer posted:

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/16-years-later-world-of-warcraft-players-finally-found-mankriks-wifein-hell/

Which means we'll undoubtedly see the undead version of Mankriks wife in a future card set release (maybe even the mini-set for Forge of the Barrens).

i didnt know this though

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

So for those speculating about the mini-set which came up last thread (guess this is spoilers), dataminers have found out that it will be the Wailing Caverns :toot:

Also I thought Neeru Fireblade worked by putting a repeating "Casts When Drawn" card into your deck. I've gone way down on it after finding out it just basically casts Warlock quest.

Edit: Also I have been seeing some disgusting stuff with Celestial Alignment :stare:

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Mar 24, 2021

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Amoeba102 posted:

Well, I'm not doing it in ranked, just messing around in casual when not trying so much.

You don't get the achievement in casual though.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Achievement aside, I have played Yogg and had him played against me often but haven't yet, in ranked or casual, seen Rod of Roasting. I've given up on that achievement but it's still pretty unlucky on my part not to have gotten it.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Edit: Also I have been seeing some disgusting stuff with Celestial Alignment :stare:

Wild is going to be FULL of druid bullshit combos day one with Celestial Alignment. I'm honestly amazed that card was printed.

The second copy can even work as a combo-breaker in return!

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
Strength Totem is such a bland name. What happened to Strength of Earth Totem blizz?

:effort:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Do we still get a free ticket for having an Arena (or Duels?) run active when the expansion hits. It hasn't been mentioned.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Olpainless posted:

I am prepared for the unnerfing.

### its backkkkk
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 2x (3) Self-Sharpening Sword
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
#
AAEBAaIHBJG8AobCAs/hAsPhAw3tAp8DiAXjBYgHhgmXwQLVjAO/rgOqywPV1AP31APn3QMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Edit: I've altered this slightly - dropped Patches, both eviscerates, added a toggwaggle's scheme and 2 scalehide. I am prepared.

Mulligan for Raiding party, that will complete Core. Shadowblade might be a swap for Self-sharpening - it's mostly there to cheapen Cutting Class for More Draw. (And I guess removal/extra face)

I have no idea if it's still good but old quest rogue had a good time with vicious scalehide plus zola for an infinitely renewable source of minions, so maybe stick zola in there

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I dunno if you really want the sword and cutting class in there without support. Both are pretty fair cards without the poisons etc.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

World War Mammories posted:

I have no idea if it's still good but old quest rogue had a good time with vicious scalehide plus zola for an infinitely renewable source of minions, so maybe stick zola in there

Yeah, i'm still refining again, it's been so long since i've quested

Zola and DK are going in for value.

I kind of want to keep one weapon in at least to make the Raiding Party even better? Hmm, wagglepick is a bounce... choice made!

### its backkkkk
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 2x (2) Vicious Scalehide
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Waggle Pick
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
#
AAEBAd75AwaGwgKA0wLP4QLD6gKJmwPD4QMM7QKfA4gF4wWGCZfBAvbsAtWMA7ulA7+uA6rLA+fdAwA=
#

This feels more like its on the right path

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Mar 24, 2021

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

so what's changed since like uhh 2017 or whenever that dinosaur expansion came out

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Also I thought Neeru Fireblade worked by putting a repeating "Casts When Drawn" card into your deck. I've gone way down on it after finding out it just basically casts Warlock quest.

I mean, not exactly since it fills your board, not just summoning 2. So if you play Neeru onto an empty board, you get a 5/5 and 5 3/2s. And then all the 3/2s you want. Feels much better than Nomi was, since you aren't as vulnerable to a single clear. I think there will be a deck that uses him well to finish off control v. control games, though I don't think that deck will necessarily try to rush to fatigue as soon as possible. Just put him in a Warlock control and use him as a finisher.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Gully Foyle posted:

I mean, not exactly since it fills your board, not just summoning 2. So if you play Neeru onto an empty board, you get a 5/5 and 5 3/2s. And then all the 3/2s you want. Feels much better than Nomi was, since you aren't as vulnerable to a single clear. I think there will be a deck that uses him well to finish off control v. control games, though I don't think that deck will necessarily try to rush to fatigue as soon as possible. Just put him in a Warlock control and use him as a finisher.

I could see him being really popular in something like Darkglare or Disco builds - just that last little whoomph of consistent pressure to get you over the finish line.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

so what's changed since like uhh 2017 or whenever that dinosaur expansion came out

Hope you like generated cards and tons of card draw, basically.

Also Demon Hunter is the new "nerfed 5 times per expansion but is still somehow a dominant class", although that's seeming less likely with this upcoming set.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Tag the turn you would have just thrown up your hands and conceded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZouvBJygNo

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

mcbexx posted:

At "Priest mirror". :v:

Kidding aside I've had fun with Kibler's corrupt priest for a day or two.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.

mcbexx posted:

The Silas turn. At the very latest. Honestly, this game is insane.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Things have gotten a bit insane lately. OTK decks that can put their combos together on turn 6. Rogue has effectively unlimited free card draw. At one point there was a Paladin deck with a 4 mana legendary that had a 80% win rate if you had the coin.

**oh and also new game modes, but your mileage may vary.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Jolly Jumbuck posted:

Achievement aside, I have played Yogg and had him played against me often but haven't yet, in ranked or casual, seen Rod of Roasting. I've given up on that achievement but it's still pretty unlucky on my part not to have gotten it.

I've played Yogg a LOT during this expansion and have only ever seen Rod of Roasting twice, and both times it killed me. Definitely running out of time to get that achievement.

I've done almost all the achievements I can do with the cards I have, I'm currently working on the Bola Shot and Rod of Roasting ones with Spell Hunter in Wild. Also with Resizing Pouch on the off-chance I get Maxima Blastenheimer for that achievement.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Aside from the stuff in the OP, one of the bigger changes that they made was extending duplicate protection to cards of all rarities now. What that means is that when you open packs, you’re guaranteed to not get any repeats of common, rare, and epic cards until you’ve opened (or crafted) two copies of every card in that rarity.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

PneumonicBook posted:

You don't get the achievement in casual though.

But I already got the achievement on my first try at the start of the month.
Not that I'm chasing achievements, I'm playing a meme deck in casual for fun whilst half mindedly doing other things.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Amoeba102 posted:

But I already got the achievement on my first try at the start of the month.
Not that I'm chasing achievements, I'm playing a meme deck in casual for fun whilst half mindedly doing other things.

Oh I missed that, my bad. I just mentioned it because I didn't know it was ranked only until I read that it was.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Aside from the stuff in the OP, one of the bigger changes that they made was extending duplicate protection to cards of all rarities now. What that means is that when you open packs, you’re guaranteed to not get any repeats of common, rare, and epic cards until you’ve opened (or crafted) two copies of every card in that rarity.

uh holy poo poo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Starsfan posted:

Things have gotten a bit insane lately. OTK decks that can put their combos together on turn 6. Rogue has effectively unlimited free card draw. At one point there was a Paladin deck with a 4 mana legendary that had a 80% win rate if you had the coin.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

uh holy poo poo

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Starsfan posted:

Which was that?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Acerbatus posted:

Which was that?

high abbess alura

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

uh holy poo poo

also the core set is given to everyone for free, if you're not familiar with that yet

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So someone datamined, and there is a card set in the game data called Wailing Caverns. So guess that's the mini-set.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If that’s the case then I’m guessing the second expansion will be Westfall themed with a Deadmines mini-set. Stormwind and Stockades could work too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

RatHat posted:

If that’s the case then I’m guessing the second expansion will be Westfall themed with a Deadmines mini-set. Stormwind and Stockades could work too.

It probably won't be themed on major cities, since those were taken for the e-sports Masters Tour names this year. Westfall/Deadmines sounds on point though.