Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Button?
B
U
T
T
O
N
View Results

Lifepuzzler
Nov 5, 2009
Man the last 20 years sure have been a wild loving ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Twitch posted:

all he had to do was not be an absolute dipshit at business or beat women.

I was mostly ok with that first condition but I'm a patientgullible man.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:rip: lmao

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

troubling connotations re; the blue star here

THE BLUE STAR

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Violet_Sky posted:

Boy that Lowtax was a real jerk

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

IT'S THE SPINAL COUNTDOWN

dee do deeee do

dee do deet deet do

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

You really gotta hand it to lowtax.

He really abused the hell out of women and hosed up the one thing he had going in life.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

No no no!

That wasn't believable!

Do again, from the top!

Aaaand...

ACTION!

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

lol $260

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Knormal posted:

Boy Lowtax, you really screwed the pooch this time, huh?

Just really donked it up.
Yikesaroo!

burning swine
May 26, 2004

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

went from goldbelly to chips ahoy

Rynex
Sep 26, 2007

What if he rereg tho. Do you get to push it again?

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

please, if anyone else in this thread suffers from sweaty toes, see your doctor

symptoms include beating women, gourmet cookie addiction, and disowning your children over text

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
This is one situation where a butt with some cushion for the pushin' was needed.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

lolling at the image of lowtax going to a regular job interview and trying to explain what he has been doing for the past 20 years

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Bouillon Rube posted:

lolling at the image of lowtax going to a regular job interview and trying to explain what he has been doing for the past 20 years

what are lowtaxes job opportunities after all this? a grocery bagger, maybe a fry cook?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Maybe he'll just drink himself to death, not the best paying job but very fulfilling.

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Epic poo poo OP

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'll tell my kids about this one day

Burns
May 10, 2008

Wonder what his next money-making scheme is gonna be.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

:toot: Death to all abusers

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'll pay him a nickel to gently caress off to a jungle somewhere and stay there.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

it's really loving funny just how much of a stupid prick that guy was, and what a baby he was about it too - banning people who made the same jokes about him that he made a "career" of making about literally anyone else

get hosed, tax boy

hope your murder dog doesn't eat your daughter's face

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I have a friend with pretty severe hyperhidrosis and somehow beating his wife was never prescribed as treatment.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

And I bet he doesn't try to eke out a living out of questionable internet notoriety too, the loser.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

Bouillon Rube posted:

well it seems like in those 20 years of running a website he never learned how to run a business or how to code, so im not really sure what applicable skills this guy even has.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

He is pretty great at ignoring his issues and blaming others after things come to a boil.
We're lucky he's not related to Trump in any way.

TylerK
Jan 15, 2001

coming out of retirement to say: lmao

madsushi
Apr 19, 2009

Baller.
#essereFerrari
I considered joining the race to the ban but Skyl3lazer deserved the win. Thank you.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am glad Lowtax is permabanned.

IMO.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
gotta be a real loser to get perma'd around here

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Dear Richard guy smugly sipping boxed wine from a Harkins collector cup.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Tuxide posted:

That same con artist also said he needed $14k a month or whatever it was to maintain the Something Awful forums.

Just think: if he had actually paid someone to develop and maintain them, he could have made that true!

Pimpcasso posted:

Jeff said registrations and avs cover the cost of the forums each month

They don’t cover gtr leases though

They cover the current cost of hosting—with as many corners cut as possible—with very little left over for part-time development/maintenance. Jeffrey mentioned it in one of his earlier announcements, but those hosting costs will be increasing as we undo some of the disasters that make up the frightening state of affairs Lowtax let the forums infrastructure (and code) become.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

You Are A Elf posted:

went from goldbelly to chips ahoy

All those $100 cookies will be lost to time, like tears in the rain

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Twitch posted:

I liked the videos where Lowtax and Shmorky made fun of bad computer games, but refused to give him money because I got screwed over the couple times I tried to buy SA merch. Like I was absolutely obsessed with Something Awful in my early 20s and all he had to do was not be an absolute dipshit at business or beat women.

I recall back in 2005(?) Lowtax was invited to a university to do a talk about running the forums and the internet in general. I think it was a pretty good talk and I watched it on youtube last year when everything went pearshaped. It has aged, of course, but I think its message is still solid as he describes how people with similar interests gravitate to each other, forming echo chambers, and what you can do as a forums owner to prevent them.

I don't know if he was a wife abuser back then. I know he was an rear end in a top hat, but he was our rear end in a top hat.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

How dare you?! Our rear end in a top hat is and always will be the goatman's.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight

That's still astonishingly high. Who is giving this guy money

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

By popular demand posted:

How dare you?! Our rear end in a top hat is and always will be the goatman's.

wait you only have one rear end in a top hat? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I have a multitude of assholes, but WE only have one representative rear end in a top hat!