Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

"The bump is officially DEAD" ESPN screams as Dangerfield gets a well-deserved 3-game suspension.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
There are definitely not better or more talented footballers playing right now than Dustin Martin. He’s an unbelievable footballer, certainly top 5 of all time and by the end of his career might be comfortably number 1.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

It's too hard declare a GOAT in AFL. There are too many players on the field, too many different positions, and the game has changed significantly over the years.

Lance Franklin could finish his career with more than 1000 goals and in the top 5 all-time for goals kicked. This was done while playing in an era where key forwards just don't kick bags any more. He was an absolute freak in his prime. He's one of very players I've seen that you simply can't stop when they are "on".

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
it's craig bradley hth

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gabensraum posted:

it's craig bradley hth

Yep. Forced into early retirement, could have played until he was 45. Also played 90 games before coming to the VFL.

Played top leve first classl state cricket during the footy offseason just for fun.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I agree it’s harder to tell with AFL it’s not like basketball or like cricket where you can have less people on the court or nice beat statistics with only a certain amount of things going on at any given time.

That said I love how people will simultaneously say Richmond are a terrible side without dusty but also that dusty is overrated and not that good but dont reconcile that with Richmond dominated the last few years.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

drunkill posted:

Yep. Forced into early retirement, could have played until he was 45. Also played 90 games before coming to the VFL.

Played top leve first classl state cricket during the footy offseason just for fun.

get in there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbLinT955c0

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

teacup posted:

I agree it’s harder to tell with AFL it’s not like basketball or like cricket where you can have less people on the court or nice beat statistics with only a certain amount of things going on at any given time.

That said I love how people will simultaneously say Richmond are a terrible side without dusty but also that dusty is overrated and not that good but dont reconcile that with Richmond dominated the last few years.
On that note it's kind of telling that Richmond recovered easily after losing Rance. Martin would be a much greater loss.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

snoremac posted:

On that note it's kind of telling that Richmond recovered easily after losing Rance. Martin would be a much greater loss.

Rance had the same issue. “Rance is the most overrated defender ever and is bad” “Richmond is nothing without Rance” like both statements can’t really be true together

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The GOAT is Erin Phillips, actually.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Chairchucker posted:

The GOAT is Erin Phillips, actually.

:hmmyes:

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

teacup posted:

Rance had the same issue. “Rance is the most overrated defender ever and is bad” “Richmond is nothing without Rance” like both statements can’t really be true together

Clearly Rance is overrated because Richmond are just fine without him.

Richmond I think are still overrated. They win, but they don’t have this dominant aura about them like Hawthorn, Geelong or Brisbane has in their peaks. They were scary. Richmond just, get the job done. Clearly they’re a very good team and more than anything I’m impressed with the Richmond org as a whole rather than just the team.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Blues still have just about the worst midfield pressure in the league.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
That sure was an interesting holding call

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I missed that Bowers got her suspension overturned. The current B&F favourite will have been charged in at least 1/3rd of the matches she’s played in for the season assuming she goes clean this week.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

What the hell is this game ey, three outrageous goals amongst the carnage on the scoreboard.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It’s a shame Melbourne exists cause this could be a pretty fun season to watch otherwise

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Chris Scott, still a dickhead

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol spectators go self isolate, players please continue rubbing your sweat on one another

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Spedman posted:

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Channel 7 will only put a woman in the commentary box when they're out of other options.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Yes it’s killed millions of people worldwide but it did get Wayne Carey out of the commentary box for a night so who can say whether COVID is good or bad

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yes it’s killed millions of people worldwide but it did get Wayne Carey out of the commentary box for a night so who can say whether COVID is good or bad

Based on your evidence, I think the good is currently outweighing the bad

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

A couple of absolutely shocking turnovers by the Cats in the last few minutes.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Go Brisbane

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

That's atrocious

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

lol blatant throw and then a defender dives across the line to rush it like he’s going for a try. Pathetic goomba stadium umpiring ruining a fun game

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Burn goombah to the ground. Unbelievable.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

What a loving farce

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

masterpine posted:

Burn goombah to the ground. Unbelievable.

Without a doubt, that was the worst umpiring this year round

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn1xwu5h10Q

Replace Crows with Lions etc.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
That was holding the ball in my opinion

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Lol at that non-call. Shocker!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

That umpire has to be fired, he was too cowardly to make an obvious call and couldn't do his literal 1 job.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Schneider Inside Her posted:

That was holding the ball in my opinion

You’re apparently not the only one!

https://twitter.com/cleary_mitch/status/1375638857123647492

Better late than never eh

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
They're clearly trying to compensate in the Sydney Adelaide game by paying all of them.

Congrats on your recent modship :toot:

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Umpire should cop three weeks

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Buddy buddy buddy
BUDDY BUDDY BUDDY
*bangs table* BUDDY BUDDY BUDDY