Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Hostile V posted:

I legit appreciate that he spells out, in no uncertain terms, he's not your friend and that's not the relationship you have with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

The gently caress is next this week?

We've had a throwback to the Elf Life days, Skin Horse isn't gonna go further, what other fresh hell is coming?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

darthbob88 posted:

Still hoping it is just an early April Fools, but it sounds like she means it.
Well, poo poo. Not ideal circumstances but, well, happens.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

darthbob88 posted:

Still hoping it is just an early April Fools, but it sounds like she means it.

Yeah...

Jeffrey C. Wells
March 24, 2021, 11:39 am | # | Reply
Hey, folks! Co-writer here. I thought I would pop in and say that I don’t currently know anything more than what can be seen in the public announcement above. Watch either this space or my Twitter @jeffreycwells for updates. Thank you.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I'm trying to track down the name of a webcomic that got stuck in my head. The only specific strip I remember was a trippy/psychedelic thing about Mario eating shrooms and the whole thing turned into a giant trip. And it was a single, giant, vertical panel like 12 pages long. Any ideas?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

manero posted:

I'm trying to track down the name of a webcomic that got stuck in my head. The only specific strip I remember was a trippy/psychedelic thing about Mario eating shrooms and the whole thing turned into a giant trip. And it was a single, giant, vertical panel like 12 pages long. Any ideas?

Did he get trapped on a small hill with some philosophical Koopa troopas?

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Bobulus posted:

Did he get trapped on a small hill with some philosophical Koopa troopas?

Not sure if serious (I'm sleep deprived right now), but I don't think so? I vaguely recall that a bunch of the strips involved Mario in some way, but not all of them.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

manero posted:

Not sure if serious (I'm sleep deprived right now), but I don't think so? I vaguely recall that a bunch of the strips involved Mario in some way, but not all of them.

Yeah Bobulus is talking about something different - a classic in its own right.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Let's post that one again.

The only drug you need is social anarchism (or whatever this is called, I have no deep understanding of the correct terms)

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Kennel posted:

Let's post that one again.

The only drug you need is social anarchism (or whatever this is called, I have no deep understanding of the correct terms)

Ah nope, that wasn't it. The whole thing was a single seamless panel, but it was split up into a bunch of images. It was entirely visual, and the further down in the panel you got the more twisted and weird it got.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

manero posted:

Ah nope, that wasn't it. The whole thing was a single seamless panel, but it was split up into a bunch of images. It was entirely visual, and the further down in the panel you got the more twisted and weird it got.

https://web.archive.org/web/20100310120651/http://www.eegra.com/show/sub/do/browse/cat/comics/id/62

manero
Jan 30, 2006

EEGRA! That was it. Thank you. No wonder I couldn't find it, the domain is gone :(

E: Looks like it all lives at https://hilaritycomics.tumblr.com now

manero fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 25, 2021

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
On the subject of remembered comics we can't find, what was the name of that strange comic/multimedia project set in a future with wide use of virtual reality? Felt kind of snowcrash-ish, had a layabout protagonist with an rear end in a top hat drug popping friend. I remember that it had lots of clickable and sort of animated/sound features on each page. I can picture it but have no idea what it was named.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

shirts and skins posted:

On the subject of remembered comics we can't find, what was the name of that strange comic/multimedia project set in a future with wide use of virtual reality? Felt kind of snowcrash-ish, had a layabout protagonist with an rear end in a top hat drug popping friend. I remember that it had lots of clickable and sort of animated/sound features on each page. I can picture it but have no idea what it was named.

Homestuck? I don't know, I never read it, but it sounds similar from how some of my friends who did read it have described it to me.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mikl posted:

Homestuck? I don't know, I never read it, but it sounds similar from how some of my friends who did read it have described it to me.

Not homestuck - far less cartoonish in art, and more set in a real grimy city. I remember the art being pretty detailed. Very cyberpunk vibe.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

manero posted:

EEGRA! That was it. Thank you. No wonder I couldn't find it, the domain is gone :(

E: Looks like it all lives at https://hilaritycomics.tumblr.com now
Worth noting that eegra/hilarity comics is by the Austrailan comic artist Patrick Alexander whereas the mario page us a guest comic from Harvey James. I've seen the Mario strip in the wild before and I never realised it was anything to do with Eegra before lol.

As for that multimedia comic I vaugely remember something like that posted in an earlier version of the thread?

Sideways scrolling with multimedia elements. Some kind of neon future city setting? Main character was some sort of hacker I think? Something to do with dreams manifesting as neon kaiju monsters? I can amosr see it but I can't remember any identifying features.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mr Phillby posted:

Sideways scrolling with multimedia elements. Some kind of neon future city setting? Main character was some sort of hacker I think? Something to do with dreams manifesting as neon kaiju monsters? I can amosr see it but I can't remember any identifying features.

That's it, yeah. I can remember so much of it but not quite enough to google anything that gets results. Not important but one of those things that'll bug me until I figure it out.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

shirts and skins posted:

was it hobo lobo?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

perepelki posted:

was it hobo lobo?

That was a great comic but it wasn't set in the future.

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand

fritz posted:

That was a great comic but it wasn't set in the future.
it was a wild guess, i actually never got to read it because my internet at the time couldn't handle the multimedia. australia lol :kiddo:

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011
Does anyone have the link to the Mickey Mouse comic where he's just an actor and goes out on a night on the town with Goofy and Donald and it's him dealing with what is essentially a mid-life crisis?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I believe that's Boy's Night

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011

YggiDee posted:

I believe that's Boy's Night

It is! Thank you!

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

I found an interesting Tumblr thread on poo poo that went down that gives some context to the SSSS lady going ape:

https://superdark33.tumblr.com/post/646119984520658944/superdark33-xollos-verdisketch

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gotta admit I'd been reading SSSS with too much of an uncritical eye. I wasn't aware of the behind the scenes stuff but there's very good points in there about the issues with the comic itself that I just really hadn't thought about. This latest development really has been a long time coming when you see the whole timeline. It's sad to see someone whose reaction to being called out on these things is just to dig themselves in deeper and swerve into the more extreme.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Until I have some reason to revisit this decision, I've removed Stand Still, Stay Silent from the OP.

This continues to be the best thread to discuss it in, so I'm not going to ask people to stop, but I'd like to remind you all that this is the General Webcomics Thread For Liking Webcomics In, and not the General Webcomics Thread For Chronicling a Webcartoonist's Downward Spiral In.

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Regy Rusty posted:

Gotta admit I'd been reading SSSS with too much of an uncritical eye. I wasn't aware of the behind the scenes stuff but there's very good points in there about the issues with the comic itself that I just really hadn't thought about. This latest development really has been a long time coming when you see the whole timeline. It's sad to see someone whose reaction to being called out on these things is just to dig themselves in deeper and swerve into the more extreme.

Got bored with it a while back, then remember the immigrants shite and went full 'How about no?' to coming back.

I had forgotten it even existed until a twitter followed mentioned this tire fire.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

shirts and skins posted:

I found it! It was called Nawlz! Annnnnd it ran on flash, so it is currently lost to history. God drat did it feel good to figure that out at least.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Genuinely thanks for finding that it was driving me nuts too!

https://www.sutueatsflies.com/about

Seems to be the artists website. Maybe the ipad interactive motion comic version is still out there somewhere? Do ipad apps run on flash?

The Nawlz website just gives me a plugin not found message so maybe its all still there just unplayable to modern browsers. Aren't Archive.org working to preserve flash content? They should get on this.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I thought maybe it was one of the strips on https://www.electricsheepcomix.com/

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
It kinda works through the ruffle plugin or by downloading the swf files and running in a standalone flash player, but both are pretty broken

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Mr Phillby posted:

Was it blue and red, like... switching between those two as the dominant colors for different scenes?

No, I'm probably thinking of something different...

Edit:

Also I remembered Wilde Life exists! What a good comic. All caught up again.

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 27, 2021

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Parasocial relationships get crazy. I don't really watch Ludwig, but he put out a full video about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzyQbfh4t_8
Streaming/live content, comments, and the general connectedness of the internet (it's not like you could tweet at a celeb 30 years ago) are definitely exacerbating things, and while it shouldn't be necessary, it really is necessary for these lines to be clearly drawn. Especially at the end of this video where he talks about not getting too engaged, which is something I've seen in the vtuber space — can't find it right now, but there was a clip of someone responding to a comment along the lines of "I'm only happy when I watch your content" with kindly saying "that's not healthy, you need to figure something out."

e: to be clear I mean they phrased it more kindly than I did, not that what I said there was particularly kind

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 27, 2021

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
star also put out a video in january on the subject, particularly what it's like for the parasocial relationship fans have with a creator when it's negative
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LzKPfMcIvA

note: a pretty rough watch

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I try to be aware of the amount of emotional investment I put in content creators and I still ended up getting blindsided by my own emotions when a group kicked out one of their own members. It felt like a betrayal. I noped right out of following them. Too much investment.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

That video is really well done, I remember when it popped up in my subscriptions. Successfully and compellingly explains a situation that's hard to explain.

Also, the way it's edited, where even when he's not directly talking about comments and fans, youtube comments relevant to the current thing he's saying keep popping up on the margins of the screen.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
If Clinton wants to flip out over this situation I'm going to go ahead and say it won't be his fault.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Jesus christ QC

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
:stare:

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

This got me to check in on QC for the first time in a long while, and all I can say is... isn't this just a more recent version of the Marten's Mom gag? It has streaming, but it's still precisely the same joke in a different flavor.