Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

peanut- posted:

Really good from A. Yates

yeah that must be one of his best ever TT performances

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Joining Ineos and becoming massively better at time trialing immediately? Unheard of.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Almeida only 7 seconds faster than yates, way less then i thought it would be.

Thomas pretty mediocre, maybe he's also caught the mysterious disease afflicting everyone who was good at sky when freeman was the team doctor

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Carapaz did not get given the Ineos TT juice.

Not the most auspicious return for Hirschi either.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hindley does not like a TT

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Was there any doubt?

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Froome was 2 minutes down today.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Disc Brakes on TT bikes are so dumb

Disagree, at least for amateur where being able to actually slow down effectively before the turn (esp if a car comes out of nowhere) and being able to resell your disc wheel after lots of use both are valuable things to be able to do

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Disagree, at least for amateur where being able to actually slow down effectively before the turn (esp if a car comes out of nowhere) and being able to resell your disc wheel after lots of use both are valuable things to be able to do

Agreed. OP has clearly never had to jam the brakes on when you thought you could chance a roundabout before.

Also Froomes injury has absolutely ruined him, he looks about 80w down on power.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's just slacking off and publicly looking like a spent force so he will be allowed to do poo poo later in the year. It's full 4D chess, galaxy brain stuff.

He's definitely not suffering from injury or being off the horse mix. Totally worth the millions.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

serious gaylord posted:

Agreed. OP has clearly never had to jam the brakes on when you thought you could chance a roundabout before.

Also Froomes injury has absolutely ruined him, he looks about 80w down on power.

Nah he's just missing out on team sky's doping doctors

cgfreak
Jan 2, 2013
Le Parisien reporting P-R is cancelled which isn't much of a surprise... but it's possible the race will happen at the end of october. Wanna see a bunch of cyclists suffering cobblestones in a rainstorm at 2°C now.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That's what they promised last year.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Soler dropped at the bottom of the climb, Valverde immediately attacks.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

peanut- posted:

Soler dropped at the bottom of the climb, Valverde immediately attacks.

Froome also gone

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Paging African AIDS Cum for a comment on an Ineos stage winner

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Yates won up here in 2019 right?

Nice to see Chaves back

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Yates seems to have significantly improved in all aspects including his climbing and his time trialing ever since he put that Ineos kit on. Very interesting!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Yates is on fire, he has to be leader at the tour on this form.

Also if almeida loses more time tomorrow Ineos could go 1-2-3

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Kamna's gone super long

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Froome earning that wage

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

peanut- posted:

Kamna's gone super long

:rip:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Choo Choo!!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Well this will be thrill a minute

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
This is proper grinding stuff

Go on Esteban

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Think he’s gonna make it stick

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’ve jinxed it

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

almeida losing the wheel, 1-2-3 is on

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Two post-finish hugs on camera. Relegated.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

almeida losing the wheel, 1-2-3 is on

Ineos 1-2-3 confirmed

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ineos 1-2-3 confirmed

Very bold of them to do this after the Freeman allegations. Reminds me of another team from a nation with little cycling heritage which responded to allegations with defiance until it all came crashing down.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Very bold of them to do this after the Freeman allegations. Reminds me of another team from a nation with little cycling heritage which responded to allegations with defiance until it all came crashing down.

looool

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

WvA blows up, truly a new age

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Asgreen made the rest of them look like idiots

What's got into the Danes this season

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Asgreen is absurd

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I generally dislike Stybar's negative racing and lmbo when Quick Step fucks up races, but that was some pretty good teamwork today

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
quick step having an endless supply of terrifying roleurs is one of the few constants in cycling

Like do you really need Asgreen *and* Cavagna and how about Senechal as a bonus

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I wonder how many of these dudes are making vroom vroom noises going around this track? I know I would be.

Anyway, looks like euskaltel got a little delivery and are looking good today...

https://twitter.com/cyclingnewsfeed/status/1375740117080539137?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

:siren: Peter Sagan won a bunch sprint :siren: