Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
UND not exactly looking good tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This Denver UND game was a battle.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Minnesota beats Wisconsin to earn to the #1 seed and St. Thomas comes back down 3-1 to settle for a tie against arch rival St. Johns, so a good night for me. That was the final D3 game for the Tommies (and long time coach Jeff Boeser who is retiring) as they are moving up to D1 next fall. I'm looking forward to some hot CCHA action!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
This UND St Cloud third period has been incredible. Chaos.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Tournaments!

legends and leaders
Minnesota wins in the final over Wisconsin 6-4

HEast - Semis
#7. Mass-Lowell @ #1 BC - 4:30PM today on NESN
#5 Providence @ UMass - 7:00PM today on NESN

Finals will be Saturday March 20th at higher seed campus

ECAC
#1 Q'Pac is through to the final on March 20th and will host either #4 Colgate or #3 St. Lawrence. That game is tomorrow night.

NCHC
NoDak wins in the final over St. Cloud 5-3.

WCHA - Semis [all games from here on are at Mankato, Semis on Friday 3/19, Finals Saturday 3/20]
Northern Mich. vs. Minn State
Bemidji State vs. LSSU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Northern Michigan is beating the absolute dogshit out of Minnesota State what the gently caress is going on :psyduck:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NCAAIceHockey/status/1373455124857810949

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
The OT winner was filthy, she shot it behind the net off a defender. Incredibly disrespectful. I’m nursing a quality bourbon after shotgunning a celebratory Schlitz.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Coco13 posted:

The OT winner was filthy, she shot it behind the net off a defender. Incredibly disrespectful. I’m nursing a quality bourbon after shotgunning a celebratory Schlitz.

It looks like it hit the back of the goalie's skate as she was switching sides. Just kicked it into her own goal as she moved. Unbelievable luck, both good and bad depending on your point of view. Great game overall

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Schedule and TV info for the tournament. Michigan/Minn-Duluth seems like the only really intriguing matchup in the first round. ND/BC could be fun too. BU only got 15 games in this year so I have no real idea what to make of them.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

I basically haven't followed any sports in a year. Go Blue though. Go LSSU since my brother went there.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Just here to say Badger Women's Hockey owns loving bones.

That is all.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

spwrozek posted:

I basically haven't followed any sports in a year. Go Blue though. Go LSSU since my brother went there.

Yeah LSSU going on a run out of nowhere would honestly be pretty fun. They haven't made the tournament in nearly 30 years and they quietly had a phenomenal year.

E: Holy poo poo Mareks Mitens logged a 1.86GAA and .933 sv% in 24 games :stare:

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DJExile posted:

Yeah LSSU going on a run out of nowhere would honestly be pretty fun. They haven't made the tournament in nearly 30 years and they quietly had a phenomenal year.

E: Holy poo poo Mareks Mitens logged a 1.86GAA and .933 sv% in 24 games :stare:

They won the WCHA tourney it looks like, but the WCHA isn't what it used to be. It'll be interesting to see how they do against one of the bigger programs.

I'm just waiting for the Gopher Men's team to do what they normally do and be mediocre once it really counts. LaFontaine is 21-6-0 with a 1.74 gaa and .936 save% and I still can't believe they'll do better than beating Nebraska-Omaha. It may have something to do with only having seen any of their play on the weekends they were swept by Notre Dame and Wisconsin.

Except the Gopher Women's team, they're usually pretty good.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Jhet posted:

They won the WCHA tourney it looks like, but the WCHA isn't what it used to be. It'll be interesting to see how they do against one of the bigger programs.

I'm just waiting for the Gopher Men's team to do what they normally do and be mediocre once it really counts. LaFontaine is 21-6-0 with a 1.74 gaa and .936 save% and I still can't believe they'll do better than beating Nebraska-Omaha. It may have something to do with only having seen any of their play on the weekends they were swept by Notre Dame and Wisconsin.

Except the Gopher Women's team, they're usually pretty good.

The current iteration of the WCHA has basically been Minnesota State just heads and tails above everyone else. BG, Fightin' Nerds and maybe Bemidji are usually the battle for 2nd place.

Don't get me wrong, LSSU upsetting UMass would take a hell of an effort, and even if they pulled that off, they're not getting by Wisconsin, who by all rights should curb stomp Bemidji, but if ever there was going to be Weird poo poo in the tournament, this would be the year.

E: NoDak vs. either Duluth or Michigan should be a fabulous quarterfinal game.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DJExile posted:

The current iteration of the WCHA has basically been Minnesota State just heads and tails above everyone else. BG, Fightin' Nerds and maybe Bemidji are usually the battle for 2nd place.

Don't get me wrong, LSSU upsetting UMass would take a hell of an effort, and even if they pulled that off, they're not getting by Wisconsin, who by all rights should curb stomp Bemidji, but if ever there was going to be Weird poo poo in the tournament, this would be the year.

E: NoDak vs. either Duluth or Michigan should be a fabulous quarterfinal game.

I'd guess that will end up as UND vs Duluth, but only because that'll be a step beyond on the personal grudge'o'meter. UND should get out of their region just fine though.

The St Cloud v BU game should be pretty decent too. A lot of teams haven't played enough to really know if they're good enough or not, and not having much non-conference play really lessens the comparisons. First regional games are not usually amazing. The 2/3 seed games are better at least, but it'll heat up in the reginal finals. Minnesota v Mankato would be a good one, and a BU v BC game would be fun. It just doesn't have the same feeling this year.

spwrozek
Sep 4, 2006

Sail when it's windy

Jhet posted:

A lot of teams haven't played enough to really know if they're good enough or not, and not having much non-conference play really lessens the comparisons.

Definitely. Just look at the NCAA Basketball tournament this year. carnage.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Notre Dame has withdrawn.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RoastBeef posted:

Notre Dame has withdrawn.

CHN posted:

The Fighting Irish were scheduled to play Boston College on Saturday. Under NCAA protocols, tier I individuals tested upon arriving in Albany, Wednesday.

"This decision was made in consultation with the Albany County Public Health Department and the NCAA Medica Advisory Group," the NCAA said in a statement. "Because of privacy issues, we cannot provide further details."

The NCAA set a deadline of Monday at 7 p.m. for replacement teams to enter the tournament. Under the guidelines the NCAA released, the Notre Dame-Boston College game will be ruled a no-contest and Boston College will advance to the regional final on Sunday.

Notre Dame got a bid into the tournament only because St. Lawrence had to similarly withdraw. St. Lawrence won the automatic bid as ECAC Tournament champion, but because it withdrew before Monday's deadline, was able to be replaced with Notre Dame.

Can't help but wonder if that'll be the only game that gets nixed like that

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

DJExile posted:

Can't help but wonder if that'll be the only game that gets nixed like that

Everyone else should have already hit their medical checks I’d expect? I saw a quote from their head coach saying it was multiple positives and then most of the rest of the team was close contacts to the positives.

I’d expect all the other teams arrived at their hubs already and have had their testing done? Games start today so I’d guess we’ll hear soon.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Now Michigan is out as well: https://twitter.com/chnews/status/1375490804404338692

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Countdown to "gently caress it let's just skip straight to the semis" lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LMAO 3-1 BEMIDJI

WCHA BIIITTTTHC

razak
Apr 13, 2016

Ready for graphing

DJExile posted:

LMAO 3-1 BEMIDJI

WCHA BIIITTTTHC

Holy Goalie brain fade... That Bemidji goal to make it 4-1

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

this is incredible lmao

also Bemidji St's fight song is totally a Frosty the Snowman rip-off

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

screaming

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This is fun!

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

5-1 bsu beavers lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao B1G :dunkedon:

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

The 2019 Madison Mini Marathon ended at the Memorial Union Terrace, as it always does. I finish it, collect my medal and some post-race snacks, and head to the beer stand on lovely Lake Mendota to collect my free post-race beer. It’s a raspberry shandy from Wisconsin Brewing. It’s awful. It’s tart, heavy, sweet, unbalanced. I’m a drunk with pride, so I finish mine, but as I wait for a friend near the beer tent I see a garbage can with plenty of beers with two sips taken left on top of it. I see a complete stranger get his beer, take a sip, make direct eye contact with me and just say “What the hell man?” I understood exactly what he meant. How do you gently caress up a beer so badly that on a lovely summer day, in one of the most beautiful places to have a drink in the world, after running a half-marathon, nobody wants to drink that beer?

You lose 6-3.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Lol Wisconsin

I thought they had the easiest path to the Frozen Four of any of the 1-seeds.

If AIC ethers North Dakota I'm gonna go nuts.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Coco13 posted:

The 2019 Madison Mini Marathon ended at the Memorial Union Terrace, as it always does. I finish it, collect my medal and some post-race snacks, and head to the beer stand on lovely Lake Mendota to collect my free post-race beer. It’s a raspberry shandy from Wisconsin Brewing. It’s awful. It’s tart, heavy, sweet, unbalanced. I’m a drunk with pride, so I finish mine, but as I wait for a friend near the beer tent I see a garbage can with plenty of beers with two sips taken left on top of it. I see a complete stranger get his beer, take a sip, make direct eye contact with me and just say “What the hell man?” I understood exactly what he meant. How do you gently caress up a beer so badly that on a lovely summer day, in one of the most beautiful places to have a drink in the world, after running a half-marathon, nobody wants to drink that beer?

You lose 6-3.
:five:

edit: sounds like it shoulda been Spotted Cow

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Y’all should have seen this coming, Bemidji is coached by a Serratore

(The other sign of a college hockey upset people should have seen coming is when a team gets in who recruits heavily from the NAHL. Let’s take a look at Lake State’s roster, shall we?)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Coco13 posted:

You lose 6-3.

hahahahaha

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Lol North Dakota showing SCSU and MSU how to handle your loving business in Round 1.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

If AIC ethers North Dakota I'm gonna go nuts.

Hahahahaha nope!

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Is UMass good? Lot of the same names from the team that UMD shithoused in 2019.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/BruceCiskie/status/1375616325456965632?s=19

Facts. UND has the same feel that Denver Death Star team had.

Stitecin
Feb 6, 2004
Mayor of Stitecinopolis
I might go take up a booth at Bulldog Pizza for 2 hours before gametime just so I'm sure I get to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/DPSn42M.gifv