Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Cryptid/Wendigo chat, I'm still eagerly waiting for Antlers.

EDIT: trailer is up for Ben Wheatley's new film, which looks like a companion piece to A Field in England:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lqkfo7IymU

I had the exact same thought while watching the trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Yeah It Follows is fantastic and I've been looking for something similar but haven't really found it yet.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

Can I get some recommendations on recent (past 10 years or so) movies that would make me scared that there is a malevolent spirit waiting for me to fall asleep?

The Nightmare is a documentary about sleep paralysis that might fit that bill

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I also liked that one and it was exactly the kind of thing I'm most afraid of.

It may be that I just assume there are a lot more scary movies than there are and I've already seen the good ones.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Flavius Aetass posted:

Can I get some recommendations on recent (past 10 years or so) movies that would make me scared that there is a malevolent spirit waiting for me to fall asleep?

I have heard good things about Come True. A young woman joins a sleep study and creepy poo poo happens. I haven't actually watched it yet but it's in the pile.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

Have you seen Geralds Game?

Sab Sabbington
Sep 18, 2016

In my restless dreams I see that town...

Flagstaff, Arizona

Flavius Aetass posted:

It may be that I just assume there are a lot more scary movies than there are and I've already seen the good ones.

HOST is really excellent and might vaguely fit the bill as a demonic spirit movie if you haven't seen it yet. It's also an extremely tight 50 minutes so even if it isn't it's worth a watch anyway imo

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

The Berzerker posted:

I have heard good things about Come True. A young woman joins a sleep study and creepy poo poo happens. I haven't actually watched it yet but it's in the pile.

Thanks, looks interesting.

Drunkboxer posted:

Have you seen Geralds Game?

No, I was thinking that looked potentially scary but not if it's all just psychological. I'll watch it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

I watched the Sect yesterday and the main plot is kicked off with someone putting a satan bug up a woman's nose as she sleeps.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Sab Sabbington posted:

HOST is really excellent and might vaguely fit the bill as a demonic spirit movie if you haven't seen it yet. It's also an extremely tight 50 minutes so even if it isn't it's worth a watch anyway imo

Loved that one. Scared the poo poo out of me, which few movies do these days.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

MacheteZombie posted:

I watched the Sect yesterday and the main plot is kicked off with someone putting a satan bug up a woman's nose as she sleeps.

These wrath of khan reboots are out of control

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

Thanks, looks interesting.

No, I was thinking that looked potentially scary but not if it's all just psychological. I'll watch it.

Yeah it’s not exactly what you’re talking about but it definitely emulated the sleep paralysis/dark man phenomenon for me.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Flavius Aetass posted:

not exactly an undiscovered gem but Hereditary did this to me

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
After reading the Green Room chat I have decided to watch it again and I know it was made mention about how a punk band would never play a Nazi gig but I think the real unbelievable element of the film is that they somehow fit all the band members, a drum kit,guitars,amps and a full sized BMX into that van comfortably.

Great Movie

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gaz2k21 posted:

After reading the Green Room chat I have decided to watch it again and I know it was made mention about how a punk band would never play a Nazi gig but I think the real unbelievable element of the film is that they somehow fit all the band members, a drum kit,guitars,amps and a full sized BMX into that van comfortably.

Great Movie

A single guitar band can definitely make that work.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

re: catholic/oauji board/demon chat

lapsed catholic over here that went through all the processes of being a good catholic child.

that shits all dumb yo. also evil aint real, but chaos is and there is no inherent good/evil in chaos. it just is and that's far more reassuring.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Gaz2k21 posted:

Great Movie

The fact they even had a van, spoiled much?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

dorium posted:

re: catholic/oauji board/demon chat

lapsed catholic over here that went through all the processes of being a good catholic child.

that shits all dumb yo. also evil aint real, but chaos is and there is no inherent good/evil in chaos. it just is and that's far more reassuring.

evil is real and the proof is your posting!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kvlt! posted:

Turn your monitor on

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Kvlt! posted:

if I were evil I'd have far more power than posting on a dead board.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Flavius Aetass posted:

You' may have already seen but The Babadook is great.

Class3KillStorm
Feb 17, 2011

CelticPredator posted:

The scariest Ouija board

If that's not just a box of string Christmas lights and a marker I'm gonna be disappointed

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
When you think about it, a multinational company mass producing a magic board to summon demons and evil spirits is pretty spookadoodlish.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

married but discreet posted:

When you think about it, a multinational company mass producing a magic board to summon demons and evil spirits is pretty spookadoodlish.

I would watch that movie

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Iron Crowned posted:

I would watch that movie

isn't that pretty much Halloween 3?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

married but discreet posted:

Zack Parsons wrote that something like that years ago.

https://www.somethingawful.com/news/ouija-mexico-ghosts/1/

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Onto my second Green related movie after Green Room

I’ve gone for The Green Inferno

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

after that switch to infernos and watch The Towering Inferno, nominated for 8 oscars!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gaz2k21 posted:

Onto my second Green related movie after Green Room

I’ve gone for The Green Inferno

More like the poop inferno

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

More like the poop inferno
That might be the most mean spirited scene in a horror movie.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah for me to watch.

Stupid poo poo movie lmao

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I know it’s not good but I’ve watched it far to many times there’s just something I love about it

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Part of me is glad Green Inferno exists since it got me to realize what an rear end in a top hat Eli Roth is and stop caring what films he's making.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

Cryptid/Wendigo chat, I'm still eagerly waiting for Antlers.

EDIT: trailer is up for Ben Wheatley's new film, which looks like a companion piece to A Field in England:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lqkfo7IymU

YAY Reece Shearsmith is back

i love the League of Gentlemen guys and they align with horror so well

edit: HAHAHA so Ben Wheately is also working on a sequel to The Meg, what the christ

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Mar 26, 2021

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

The Dark and the Wicked.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

MacheteZombie posted:

The Nightmare is a documentary about sleep paralysis that might fit that bill

I don't understand how anyone could be scared of that low budget hack job.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes

Flavius Aetass posted:

We Are Still Here

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

maybe the first Paranormal Activity? lots of "people sleeping while whack poo poo happens" in that

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Flavius Aetass posted:

Watching YouTube spooky shorts and pages. Stuff like Local58

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Dragonshirt posted:

We Are Still Here

so I'm about an hour into this and i literally just screamed and threw my phone lol

:yeshaha: