Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Zaffy posted:

I won't pretend that I'm not buying the pass, but the contracts better not be unavailable after the season.

Yeah this is where I'm at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

More remixes. Hopefully they do fun stuff with each location.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
I'm not thrilled about it but of course I'm buying it

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I'm fine with easter egg hunt style gimmicks / larks as free events but I don't think I'd pay for them as an expansion ala Patient Zero.

Hopefully they do remix the levels, they're pretty clearly doing it for the Easter event.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Like just give me scoundrels and creative ways to kill them. Contain all your whimsy inside of those parameters, don't make the concept itself goofy

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
They'd better shove in a couple of new maps, honestly, otherwise that's a dick move (yes, I'm still buying it).

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

that's a "no thanks" unless there are new maps along the way

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

More details, which are a little hidden in the announcement: Roadmaps and monthly content release schedules are changing a little bit.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-seven-deadly-sins/

quote:

To support our Seven Deadly Sins expansion, we’re now releasing our regular content as part of a Season of Sin, instead of a monthly roadmap. This is mostly a change in name, because the Escalations, Featured Contracts and Elusive Targets are still coming thick and fast – and free!

So, instead of the April Roadmap, we’re excited to kick-off the the Season of Greed in HITMAN 3 on March 30, which starts the release of new content, both paid (see above) and free for existing owners. A Season of Sin can last anywhere between 4-6 weeks and include Escalations, Featured Contracts and Elusive Targets. The full content roadmap for what’s included in the Season of Greed will be released in the first full week of April.

quote:

Seven Deadly Sins & Seasons of Sin

That’s a lot of new information, so here it is again in digestible bullet-proof bullet points.

– HITMAN 3 is getting a new 7-part premium expansion based around the Seven Deadly Sins
– There’s 7 content packs in total, each one focused on a different sin
– Each content pack includes a new contract and sin-themed unlockable items
– The first sin is Greed and is the first content pack, Act 1: Greed, will be released on 30 March 2021
– All 7 content packs are available at a discounted rate in the Seven Deadly Sins Collection

– HITMAN 3’s live content will be released via Seasons of Sin
– A season can last between 4-6 weeks and each season is focused on a different sin
– The Season of Greed in HITMAN 3 starts on 30 March 2021
– There will be regular – and free – content added to the game for all owners

The release schedule is essentially changing over to a seasonal one. 7 seasons (4 weeks minimum/6 weeks maximum) = 28-42 weeks.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Yeah, kinda struggling to see what makes this expansion "premium" compared to the extra stuff you get with the deluxe edition (or why they didn't roll it into that). They do mention some additional mechanics with coins and money and maybe the other sins will have some other twists, but if there are no map remixes then it's basically just escalations and extra items again.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Ror posted:

Yeah, kinda struggling to see what makes this expansion "premium" compared to the extra stuff you get with the deluxe edition (or why they didn't roll it into that). They do mention some additional mechanics with coins and money and maybe the other sins will have some other twists, but if there are no map remixes then it's basically just escalations and extra items again.

Yes, but it has a special guest celebrity handler - Kevin Spacey!

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

The_Doctor posted:

They'd better shove in a couple of new maps, honestly, otherwise that's a dick move (yes, I'm still buying it).

They already said a while back that they weren't doing new maps, just remixes of existing maps

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
if it's map remixes like Patient Zero or cool nighttime Marrakesh, then good
if it's map remixes like those H2 bonus missions where they change one 100 ft space slightly but the rest of the map is exactly the same, not good

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Wolfsheim posted:

if it's map remixes like Patient Zero or cool nighttime Marrakesh, then good
if it's map remixes like those H2 bonus missions where they change one 100 ft space slightly but the rest of the map is exactly the same, not good
Yeah, they've burned enough good will with me that I'm not buying this until I've seen that it isn't a complete pisstake :v:

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

I’ve always been more than happy to shovel money in the direction of IOI, but I might need to see how this one plays out tbh.

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Matinee posted:

I’ve always been more than happy to shovel money in the direction of IOI, but I might need to see how this one plays out tbh.

Same, happy to do it once for the deluxe pack, but feeling a little burned to do it twice.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I might be happy to get it when it's on sale, I'll need to see how they do the seasons. If when they end you can't unlock stuff or whatever then that makes it much less appealing. I'm pretty done with any game that weaponises fear of missing out or tries to make me feel obligated to play it on its schedule, the ETs are alright just cause playing one level in 10 days is usually perfectly doable (and I've done a lot of them already) but anything more starts getting annoying.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I want more details. Can't say much else, really, until I hear more concrete stuff.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Basic Chunnel posted:

Like just give me scoundrels and creative ways to kill them. Contain all your whimsy inside of those parameters, don't make the concept itself goofy

This is where I'm at. Using the word 'contract' is vague enough (it sounds like it could just be a regular custom contract with items attached?) but assuming it is like those couple Hitman 2 missions that were recycled from Elusive Targets, I would much rather get a standard Diana intro of who they are and why they suck. Like half the fun of the Elusive Targets is watching Diana's well-crafted PowerPoint.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I'm a doofus who has spent Too Much on Hitman poo poo (the Deluxe, pre-ordering the H2 expansion, etc). I'm not sure I want whatever this is. They've done a remarkably poor job of pitching it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Problem is the menus will be full of greyed out ads for it now. I get extremely frustrated with stuff like that to the point where I just stop playing the game altogether if I don't own the content as it bugs me so much.

Your Brain on Hugs
Aug 20, 2006
If this is what they mean by remixing maps, and not a proper patient zero style campaign,I think I'll be pretty disappointed. Especially when it's not clear if these are actual fully fledged contracts, the only thing mentioned is an escalation.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Ooff, I'm hesitating. I mean I know myself well enough that I'm like 80% buying it, but this not being part of the deluxe edition is pretty cringe, considering they probably got a gently caress-ton of money for making this epic exclusive. Making this extra paid DLC is a shameless money grab if we're being honest...

Oh god, I know I'm going to cave and buy it just like I caved and bought H3 on Epic. :(

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Convex posted:

Problem is the menus will be full of greyed out ads for it now. I get extremely frustrated with stuff like that to the point where I just stop playing the game altogether if I don't own the content as it bugs me so much.

Huh. I thought I was the only one. Well, elbow-bump fellow content-misser!

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Huh. I thought I was the only one. Well, elbow-bump fellow content-misser!

:smith::hf::smith:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lollerich posted:

Ooff, I'm hesitating. I mean I know myself well enough that I'm like 80% buying it, but this not being part of the deluxe edition is pretty cringe, considering they probably got a gently caress-ton of money for making this epic exclusive. Making this extra paid DLC is a shameless money grab if we're being honest...

Oh god, I know I'm going to cave and buy it just like I caved and bought H3 on Epic. :(

:negative:

Yeah... But I'm not happy about it.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
$20 for the content that came with six escalations in the deluxe edition was already a little excessive, they better be doing something more than just escalations if they're asking $30 for seven of them this time around

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

gtrmp posted:

They already said a while back that they weren't doing new maps, just remixes of existing maps

Yeah and its a bummer.

I would totally pay for more maps but this just feels weak.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
As much as I want to support IOI... yeah, this isn't really grabbing me for the price. I would really want to see a proper variation like a map rework or mini-campaign to pony up the money (assuming entirely new maps are a non-starter as they've indicated).

I'm also just sort of worried by this strategy - it feels a bit desperate to be charging so much especially after how sparse the deluxe edition extras are. I'm hoping there's more content to be revealed and it's just a messaging problem, but you'd think they'd lead with their big guns... and this a bit piddly.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Argh, I set up this contract on Miami that I thought required you to knock out Maxwell Rutter, and then I realized that there are a bunch of alternate script triggers that you can use to end the race early rendering the dongle rather useless.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Epic's having their Spring sale for anyone who's been waiting on discounts for Hitman 3.

Everything except for the deluxe pass is discounted, which is the only thing I was after :crossarms:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Vile Stuff posted:

Epic's having their Spring sale for anyone who's been waiting on discounts for Hitman 3.

Everything except for the deluxe pass is discounted, which is the only thing I was after :crossarms:

Does this mean the PlayStation version is going to go on sale anytime soon?

Also I love how every few days I play this game I come across a new favourite moment.
Previously it was in Paris, pushing the first target off a balcony so she fell onto of the first target.
Then by the time I walked down the stairs, the guards were bringing in both bodies covered in tarps.

Today if was doing the Miami level and sniping a moving Formula 1 race car.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

The Question IRL posted:

Does this mean the PlayStation version is going to go on sale anytime soon?

Also I love how every few days I play this game I come across a new favourite moment.
Previously it was in Paris, pushing the first target off a balcony so she fell onto of the first target.
Then by the time I walked down the stairs, the guards were bringing in both bodies covered in tarps.

Today if was doing the Miami level and sniping a moving Formula 1 race car.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Afraid I'm unsure regarding consoles, though a bunch of PC stores are having Spring sales at the moment so maybe Sony will follow.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The Vile Stuff posted:

It's about the same as what Green Man Gaming has been offering. Their base discount is 15% but I got it for 22% off with their 'loyalty' discount last week.

Really been enjoying the game and going back to the older locations, though I think I ran into a couple of scripting errors in some missions - Dexy stopped responding in Bangkok (just stands in the same spot, next to a wine glass) and in Colorado the soldiers that are supposed to be doing push-ups just stand there and do nothing. Not sure if that's just H3 or if that's always been the case.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Mar 25, 2021

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

DalaranJ posted:

Argh, I set up this contract on Miami that I thought required you to knock out Maxwell Rutter, and then I realized that there are a bunch of alternate script triggers that you can use to end the race early rendering the dongle rather useless.
If you require the Suit (or Kronstadt Engineer) via No Disguise Changes and kill conditions it removes a lot of the alternate ways to end the race. The major other ways to do it involve disguises you can prohibit the player from accessing, and I don't believe there's another dongle besides the one Rutter carries.

Specifically, don't permit the player to start as a Race Marshal (can end race early with flag), Mascot (can end race early by starting Sierra meeting thing), Medic (can end race early with the medic opportunity and certain other settings), Kowoon Mechanic (can end the race early by putting sugar in Moses Lee's gas tank, causing his car to break down and Sierra to win), or Waiter (can poison a few things that result in the race ending sooner). There are still some ways to manipulate it, but few of them will be faster than KOing Rutter for the security dongle.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Convex posted:

Same. I have stuff that's NOT greyed out but still tells me it's unavailable. The entire delivery system and "always online" bullshit with these games is a real hassle. Took me forever just to finally get all my levels installed and playable.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

elusive targets remain awful

perhaps it's my fault that despite spending two hours strategizing and casing out the scenario, I failed because I am not paying 100% attention due to how late in the night it has gotten, but failing in your game should make me want to keep trying, not uninstall it

couple that with me being late to the trilogy to begin with meaning I have already permanently missed a billion others and it's like, why even bother

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

that being said, I am looking forward to the seven deadly sins packs :shobon:

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Remember when something was going to be done about steam h2 owners? Lol

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

They already did something about that.

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pc-location-importing-guide/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Sharkitten posted:

couple that with me being late to the trilogy to begin with meaning I have already permanently missed a billion others and it's like, why even bother

So far it seems like they're just going to repeat all those targets anyway.