Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Chairman Capone posted:

From today's How Did This Get Played, I still don't really know what an NFT is but from what they were saying, it seems pretty clear that Wiger and the guest were knowingly promoting a very obvious scam meant to convince regular people to give money to millionaires. I don't know, I just found that intro conversation on the topic to be really weird.

It's Bitcoin but with gifs of basketball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
lol, I'm amazed that Wiger has been suckered into NFTs. I don't know why, but I had assumed he had a good head on his shoulders. If you don't listen regularly to 'Played, it's 9 minutes in, immediately after they introduced the guest. It's just like baseball cards! Baseball cards that require a huge energy cost to exist, and are starting at a hype level of being sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i don't understand any of it but I just assume anything related to cryptocurrency is a scam and that seems to be working out ok for me so far

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Anytime someone speaks positively about NFTs, just send them this https://everestpipkin.medium.com/but-the-environmental-issues-with-cryptoart-1128ef72e6a3

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

lol, I'm amazed that Wiger has been suckered into NFTs. I don't know why, but I had assumed he had a good head on his shoulders. If you don't listen regularly to 'Played, it's 9 minutes in, immediately after they introduced the guest. It's just like baseball cards! Baseball cards that require a huge energy cost to exist, and are starting at a hype level of being sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

He’s very receptive to public shaming so I’m betting he apologizes later.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

lmao @ heather's literal first response: "Is this the NFT bullshit you keep trying to hock on us? The pyramid scheme?"

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

lmao @ heather's literal first response: "Is this the NFT bullshit you keep trying to hock on us? The pyramid scheme?"

The NFT investor getting dunked on by the bitcoin defender, who's girlfriend considers them both fools.

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I don't think there's even one podcaster whose opinion I would trust on any kind of new technological topic.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I make all my purchases based on Your Kickstarter Sucks six packs

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
NFTs seem, to me, to be a very good way to launder money so maybe Wiger is just approaching things from that angle

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

cams posted:

an episode of comedy bang bang where he was playing andrew lloyd weber and was writing a musical about passing obamacare. don't remember what episode but this should help get you there

thank you, I found the joke!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOt7Jup9Z2Q&t=2118s

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Casey Finnigan posted:

I don't think there's even one podcaster whose opinion I would trust on any kind of new technological topic.

I'm happy to start a new podcast where I call everything new 'a bunch of poo poo heap garbage' and most likely mean it.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Casey Finnigan posted:

NFTs seem, to me, to be a very good way to launder money so maybe Wiger is just approaching things from that angle

Nick is also the type who things laundering money means putting it in a cold tub with a mangle so idk

I think the show has kinda settled on a "3 quirky games, 1 bad game a month" schedule instead of the original "all bad games all the time" which has been probably better for their psyche. It is much more tedious and annoying to play a poo poo game than spend 2 hours to watch a bad movie.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Consummate Professional posted:

I make all my purchases based on Your Kickstarter Sucks six packs

db's high energy sells always convince me

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GoutPatrol posted:

I think the show has kinda settled on a "3 quirky games, 1 bad game a month" schedule instead of the original "all bad games all the time" which has been probably better for their psyche. It is much more tedious and annoying to play a poo poo game than spend 2 hours to watch a bad movie.

2 quirky games, 1 bad game, and 1 general game discussion ep per month. I'm really enjoying the 70 Minutes in Gaming Heaven episodes, I like to hear what they're all genuinely into at the moment.

As far as dropping all bad games all the time, it's also a big ask of guests, "Hey, in addition to an hour and a half for the recording, can I get you to spend at least two hours having an actively bad time beforehand?"

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

2 quirky games, 1 bad game, and 1 general game discussion ep per month. I'm really enjoying the 70 Minutes in Gaming Heaven episodes, I like to hear what they're all genuinely into at the moment.

Yeah, same here, I don't think the show has taken a dive recently or anything but having more episodes devoted to hearing them just talk about good stuff they like really improves the overall flow of the show for me.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It's definitely a lot more difficult to find a bad game that can sustain interesting discussion for an entire episode than it is to find a weird/quirky game that's interesting to talk about, so I'm real glad they drifted away from the huge focus on bad games.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe they felt like they had to focus on bad games at first because of the show's terrible name

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Sinteres posted:

$10 for four episodes is kind of insane, but I can't say I'm not intrigued.

Yeah, I get that but I was pleasantly surprised by Exit 42 continuing, so I didn't mind buying it.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think the basketball angle to it really messed with people's minds. They understand trading cards, and here's some NBA endorsed thing that like digital trading cards! The analogy is pretty striaghtforward. Now how you use ethereum to gas a signing of some JPEG, that "implementation detail" doesn't matter to them. People just know some worthless piece of paper/collection of bits can get sold for more than they paid for it.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Mar 16, 2021

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.

ManoliIsFat posted:

I think the basketball angle to it really messed with people's minds. They understand trading cards, and here's some NBA endorsed thing that like digital trading cards! The analogy is pretty striaghtforward. Now how you use atheneum to gas a signing of some JPEG, that "implementation detail" doesn't matter to them. People just know some worthless piece of paper/collection of bits can get sold for more than they paid for it.

I think this is right - people who see issues with Bitcoin have been all over this (thinking of the Blocked Party hosts).

Not looking forward to other sports who are probably already tripping over themselves to imitate.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Relistening to Raised by TV and I wish Gabrus & Lapkus teamed up more, they have great chemistry

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Srice posted:

It's definitely a lot more difficult to find a bad game that can sustain interesting discussion for an entire episode than it is to find a weird/quirky game that's interesting to talk about, so I'm real glad they drifted away from the huge focus on bad games.

I just wish they’d do Trespasser.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

all i know about nfts is magical johnson

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Only one episode in and this is the best $10 I've spent in a long time. When PFT comes in all hell/heaven breaks loose.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

boxcarhobo posted:

all i know about nfts is magical johnson

Honestly that clip is extremely illustrative of the kind of mindset that's getting in on Top Shots/NFTs. People who read a press release straight for like 5 minutes and their only addition is that when "Michael Jordan poo poo and Magical Johnson" comes into play there's going to be REAL money involved.

X-O posted:

Only one episode in and this is the best $10 I've spent in a long time. When PFT comes in all hell/heaven breaks loose.

I don't think anybody was expecting his character to sound like that.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 16, 2021

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

JethroMcB posted:

I don't think anybody was expecting his character to sound like that.

Yeah the video reaction to his character is great.

https://twitter.com/BigGrandeTweets/status/1371879992729083904?s=09

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Did a masterclass relisten, it’s better than I remembered.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so happy to hear engineer jordan again

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
pft went on big soft titty and it’s as wonderful as you would expect

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Wow, an hour long episode of womp it up just dropped.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Rolled my eyes at today's Threedom. Lauren Lampkus was upset at being nominated for 2 (lol) Razzies which fine nominating some D list celeb is a bit mean but her and even Scott and PFT were saying how they're unfair to A list celebrities like Anne Hathaway, like heaven forbid we bring some multi multi millionaires down a peg in jest which was the whole point of the awards in the first place.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Mar 25, 2021

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

Just Chamber posted:

Rolled my eyes at today's Threedom today. Lauren Lampkus was upset at being nominated for 2 (lol) Razzies which fine nominating some D list celeb is a bit mean but her and even Scott and PFT were saying how they're unfair to A list celebrities like Anne Hathaway, like heaven forbid we bring some multi multi millionaires down a peg in jest which was the whole point of the awards in the first place.

It's so funny when they pretend to be regular people. Earlier in the episode they talked about getting extremely expensive champagne as gifts and being offered free ipads. Too bad someone didn't like your performance

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I think Scott has some actual money, but AFAIK, Paul and Lauren are essentially just working actors which means they are like upper middle class but get some weird quirky perks like swag.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009
The Razzies don't suck in concept but they do suck in practice so I agree with the podcasters that they should be destroyed.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rollick posted:

The Razzies don't suck in concept but they do suck in practice so I agree with the podcasters that they should be destroyed.

This has convince me that the Razzies should exist and thrive.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I was halfway through writing a comment about how the awards don't exactly have the best reputation. Also, Lauren did exactly what the film asked of her. You may hate the character, the writing etc but I don't think you could say it was a bad portrayal.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Flaskraven posted:

It's so funny when they pretend to be regular people. Earlier in the episode they talked about getting extremely expensive champagne as gifts and being offered free ipads. Too bad someone didn't like your performance

Wow, you have a weirdly inflated idea of podcasters and C-list actors. Either way, they are still people, kickbacks or not.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In the very first Razzies, one of the nominations for worst director was for Stanley Kubrick, for The Shining. They've been pretty crappy since day one, basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I dunno. I think we're being a bit too kind. I haven't seen the movie but it was David Spade movie and if it weren't Lapkus we'd probably be skewing whoever it was. It was kinda weird hearing people kinda play down how dumb the movie and portrayal was because it was Lauren. It was a gig and good on her for making some money and benefitting from the "Happy Madison" machine but you also have to realize there's a downside. She did what the movie asked her to do and that might not have been a good thing.