Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Brb, getting a bank loan

https://twitter.com/OMEGAGORMARU/status/1374732618571395074?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Goddamit I hope this thing stays in my local real imax until 2 weeks after shot #2.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I mean... what else are they gonna play?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

I mean... what else are they gonna play?

A weird COVID factoid is that Ghostbusters was actually #1 at the box office one week during the height of it when no other movies were being released(but of course some stupid governors were still keeping theaters open).

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

It's the son I always wanted...

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Save...Mothra...

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I just got back from the theatre, the movie rocks, it's as you'd expect and has some great visuals. It's profoundly, proudly dumb and anyone that looks for plot holes and inconsistencies is wasting their energy, because no one should care.

Kong is the main character of the movie, by far. The humans spout nonsense and get into some interesting scenes to drive the plot. It's a Kong movie primarily.

mechagodzilla being janky looking ruled, i laughed at castle kong's power up weapon, the gravity poo poo made no sense

It's much more akin to KOTM and Skull Island than it is 2014, as you'd expect. and the BvS plot comparisons are valid .

I suspect big chunks were cut off, because there's a pretty famous actor given one line. I suspect there was a military/monarch plot just loving dropped for time. probably a smart move.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

well why not posted:

I suspect big chunks were cut off, because there's a pretty famous actor given one line. I suspect there was a military/monarch plot just loving dropped for time. probably a smart move.

Lance Reddick? I almost missed him entirely

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Most of the early reactions seem more positive toward GvsK than they were for KotM, so that's a good sign.

I wonder how easily this can earn a profit (using the double budget formula). If there was indeed a 250 million fee for HBO Max streaming, then I don't think it will be too difficult.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I was under the mistaken impression that this was on HBO Max tonight :smith:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

feedmyleg posted:

It got this one more week delay like last month but yeah I was still mentally ready for tonight :negative:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

Me too. I also thought Monster Hunter Rise was out today and not tomorrow so it's been a pretty disappointing monster-less Thursday.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

Me too. I also thought Monster Hunter Rise was out today and not tomorrow so it's been a pretty disappointing monster-less Thursday.

This weekend is going to own, though.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Give me some kaiju!!!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

microdosing with ultra q episodes to get my kaiju fix

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mantis42 posted:

microdosing with ultra q episodes to get my kaiju fix

:sickos:

Everyone who is disappointed about no monsters tonight needs to do this.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

ungulateman posted:

Save...Mothra...

:lol:

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Is there somewhere with a countdown of what actual time this releases on streaming? I dunno if I'm becoming bad with Google but it is getting silly how hard it is for me to find

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

[edit] This one is better

teagone fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 25, 2021

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Most of the early reactions seem more positive toward GvsK than they were for KotM, so that's a good sign.

I wonder how easily this can earn a profit (using the double budget formula). If there was indeed a 250 million fee for HBO Max streaming, then I don't think it will be too difficult.

Oh yeah this is way better than KotM.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lol I want to try Run Godzilla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsrPmxaex2w

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Godzilla idle clicker was pretty fun. Don’t think they ever did anything with it in terms of updates or anything.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's a lot of BvS Mothras

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Hey, uh... do you have Netflix? Do you have a VPN? Yes to both? Good. Get your rear end on a Japanese server and watch the first episode of Godzilla Singular Point (sorry no english).

edit: combo of NordVPN and Firefox is working for me. Private Internet Access and ExpressVPN both were giving me the black screen of being blocked.

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Mar 26, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Re: Singular Point

Are the kaiju actually Yokai? It seems to be connected heavily with legends of such...

2 screenshots to avoid if you don’t want spoilers

Also I seriously want an Ootaki Factory jacket

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmIV9jVV050

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1375441384002494468?s=21

Violator
May 15, 2003

Kind of surprised they’ve released all the pictures of MechaG, each post on the official Legendary accounts with it is full of pissed off fans complaining about spoilers. I guess it’s no surprise but I was hoping to see the reveal and design during my first watch. I haven’t seen the photos or videos, but have seen the toy and shirts.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

While I suppose that the big spoiler is something a lot of people would have wanted to go in not knowing, there's no way it would have come to the US release date without it being known and pictures showing it. I'm sure someone at Legendary figured they'd be better off if they were the ones doing it than some lovely blurry cell phone pics.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Have we spoke about Shin Ultraman being delayed indefinitely?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

PriorMarcus posted:

Have we spoke about Shin Ultraman being delayed indefinitely?

quote:

"Due to delays in the production schedule caused by COVID-19, we will not be releasing SHIN ULTRAMAN in theaters in the early summer of 2021 as planned and will instead formulate a new release schedule. Our staff members are earnestly working on the production. We hope that you continue to look forward to its release. We will make further announcements about the release schedule on our official website and social media as plans are finalized."

Sounds like they just got behind and will miss summer as a result. I don’t know what the Japanese theater schedule is like though, so would they just release it whenever it’s finished (Fall 2021, I’m guessing) or pull a Black Widow and delay until next summer for box office reasons?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/RifewithKatie/status/1375501759779586049?s=20

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

This is so loving cute. You can perfectly see their Godzillas in the poses.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Just watched Godzilla 2014 on 4K it looks great and I still maintain the shot where Godzilla pukes his laser blast down the MUTO’s throat is the best moment of all the legendary Kaiju films.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Gaz2k21 posted:

Just watched Godzilla 2014 on 4K it looks great and I still maintain the shot where Godzilla pukes his laser blast down the MUTO’s throat is the best moment of all the legendary Kaiju films.

2014 had some amazing moments, like the Hawaii scenes, the HALO jump, and the kiss of death.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz2k21 posted:

My crowd burst into applause at this part. Really cool theater moment.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gaz2k21 posted:

It elevates the movie from awesome to legendary.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gaz2k21 posted:

I'm not a huge fan of the '14 film overall but that shot was indeed a genre highlight

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

2014 is still IMO, the best of the western Godzilla films, with GvK after it. Treating it like a disaster film was genius, as was Edward's shot choices for showing off the absolute scale.

Was sick to see the opening GvK credits be a rehash of 2014's, too. Little bits like that link them together. Also, there's a third, unaccounted for, Ghidorah skull out there somewhere. Any possibly a fourth - didn't he regen at least one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I just finished watching the 2014 UHD. Looks great. Movie is still good even if I prefer KOTM.

Cranston Dad and Wolf Dad are the same character though and its kinda funny. Cranston is just a far superior actor and he dies in the first act. Both are 'grieving white dad who is smarter than everyone else with superior understanding of bioacoustics and how they relate to the Titans.'