Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Chairman Capone posted:

This is like two years late, but I started watching See on Apple+. All I knew about it was that it was made fun of for being the "Game of Thrones ripoff" among Apple+'s original launch slate and that's it. After seeing Momoa on Justice League and then watching Aquaman, and since I already have Apple+ for For All Mankind and Servant, I decided to give See a shot too.

It's pretty good. I'm only on the fourth episode so maybe it shits the bed later, but I think the worldbuilding and acting alike are good. Not really Game of Thrones at all, outside of Momoa being vaguely barbarian and an evil queen (who admittedly does have some ridiculous sex scene gratuity). Honestly, Momoa's acting kind of surprises me. There are a few issues I have with it (the inconsistent aging of characters and use of sight-based metaphors) but on the whole it's a fine use of an hour a night to watch.

Anyway, doesn't seem like anyone really remembers this show even exists, or that there's anything on Apple+ other than FAM and Ted Lasso, but that's my endorsement of it.

Anyone read this as momoa being both vaguely barbarian and an evil queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Watching fargo season 4. Why can't Noah Hawley make every show?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Milo and POTUS posted:

That meshes with what we saw in aquaman

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Milo and POTUS posted:

:hmmyes:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Vanderdeath posted:

I've been rewatching Columbo and Poirot off and on and it's been a nice shield from hellworld. I forgot how utterly charming both Peter Falk and David Suchet were.

Suchet is the bad guy in heist movie Foolproof and it feels so weird both from his demeanor and lack of moustache. The movie also has one reviewer comment that I hope Ryan Reynolds has framed somewhere:

quote:

But the money blown on it could have funded eighteen smaller films that actually had a shot at the box office - or one close to this one, only which had the one secret ingredient needed to make a profit... an actual star.

Not a masterpiece, but I liked it.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
The Strain is pretty important because it has the absolute, ABSOLUTE worst child character in the history of TV shows that you want to die

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

el oso posted:

The Strain is pretty important because it has the absolute, ABSOLUTE worst child character in the history of TV shows that you want to die

THE YOUNG BOY

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Apple TV is not a service I have any interest in paying money for, but my wife upgraded her cellphone and got offered a free year of it so we're currently three episodes into Ted Lasso. I gotta admit, those free year subscription deals have worked on me, I was in a very similar boat with Disney+ when it launched and if not for the free year we got with our verizon subscription I probably would have waited on it for a while. They got me y'all, they got me. Mythic Quest looks fun too, it's got a lot of actors I like in it and it's next on our list.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Servant, Mythic Quest and Ted Lasso are definitely worth it. For All Mankind is good too

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

el oso posted:

The male lead and his kid were just the worst, the real stars of that show were Vasiliy and the old vampire hunter guy 100%.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

IRQ posted:

The male lead and his kid were just the worst, the real stars of that show were Vasiliy and the old vampire hunter guy 100%.

Kevin Durand is amazing. I have no idea why he isn't starring in his own series somewhere, the dude has so much range and he's tall and handsome as gently caress.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I mean, Corey Stoll was fine as the bad guy in Ant Man. I just think the character wasn't really written too well.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1375151994365599745

Oof goddamn

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

drat, that's a bummer. :(

Wonder how Archer's going to deal with this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
what the gently caress

this is the most bullshit i have ever seen WHAT THE gently caress

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Her husband Ron Leibman passed away late 2019. They were both really great actors. Gilbert Gottfried interviewed them on his podcast. It’s worth checking out.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Going out while still making relevant, funny work at the age of 80 is about as good as you can hope for, imo

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Lost another great one.

What are some under-seen gems in her career?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't understand the tweet and I won't respond to it.

:(

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
It was weird to get into 2008's 90210 reboot. She plays a wealthy widowed grandmom who brings the focal characters to Beverly Hills to live in her lvaish estate, and to find out that she's actually a good person and not a manipulative psycho almost felt like a legitimate shock-twist so soon after Arrested Development. (Because this is 90210, every psycho is under 30.)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1375160573793558528

Also someone on twitter pointed out that it's almost unheard of for an actress to do her most important work in her fourth and fifth decades of acting. Being able to overcome Hollywood's age bias against women is a testament to her raw talent.

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1375160754651942923
:prepop:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
She's a villain in the movie IIRC.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

this is some bull poo poo

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Just wait until you find out she was in a Fantastic Four adaptation, too!

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

oh no

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No way

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
She was amazing. I just watched this clip today. That death glare she gives Annyong is perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnDw8pirze0

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
2021 sucks so far imho

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hughmoris posted:

She was amazing. I just watched this clip today. That death glare she gives Annyong is perfect.

My absolute favorite joke is when she ends up at a telenovela awards ceremony and thinks every single attendant is a waiter.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The original AD run is magnificent, just stacked with great characters, and she's arguably the best.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Big Mean Jerk posted:

2021 sucks so far imho

Before you say that, remember that Rush Limbaugh is dead and Betty White is 99. This is just one of the few times 2021 gets it wrong.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rush Limbaugh got literally everything he wanted.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Man, young Jessica Walter is a dead ringer for Peyton List.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

zoux posted:

Man, young Jessica Walter is a dead ringer for Peyton List.

Which Peyton List?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The one that looks like young Jessica Walter

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Got it

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Always loved how this compilation assembles the clips into themes, farewell Lucille...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EW_tlvW4aI

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

IRQ posted:

Rush Limbaugh got literally everything he wanted.

Yeah, he died about 40 years too late. Damage done.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963316

Thread for Invincible which should be dropping shortly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AV Club gave it an A-