Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Khablam posted:

Well, we've been on the same thread for 4 seasons now.

And whenever I read the thread title that song is stuck in my head again. This is a never-ending nightmare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Remember when we used to complain about how long they had spent on the farm.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I'm doing a rewatch of Fear the Walking Dead (first three seasons) and it holds up pretty well. I remember getting frustrated at people like Madison and Travis but their character arcs make sense over the course of the show. Besides which, it just seems like the writers, cast and production crew put more effort into the thing compared to TWD.

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
people were knocking fear from the start. but i have no big complaints about the first season and the first half of the second season. then it gets a lot worse. then it gets better! then it gets worse.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I only watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of Fear the Walking Dead, but I thought it was pretty good and the writers didn't seem to be doing a lot of the nonsensical stretches that the main show was notorious for. I just didn't keep up with it because I was busy with other things, and then I heard from this thread about how it went ridiculous and just never returned to it.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Listerine posted:

I only watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of Fear the Walking Dead, but I thought it was pretty good and the writers didn't seem to be doing a lot of the nonsensical stretches that the main show was notorious for. I just didn't keep up with it because I was busy with other things, and then I heard from this thread about how it went ridiculous and just never returned to it.

As the above guy said, first 2.5 seasons are good, then it goes downhill a bit. Season 3 is solid. Season 4 was okay but it went off the rails with 5 and whatever they're up to now. It's definitely worth a watch.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Why is this show so boring now?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

description of today's episode:

quote:

Daryl and Carol come to a fork in the road and head their separate ways. Each going into their own type of survival mode, the easiest of challenges become much harder.

filler poo poo. boring

name of next week's episode:

Here's Negan

description:

Carol takes Negan on a journey, hoping to minimize the increasing tension. Negan reflects on the events that led him to this point and comes to a conclusion about his future.

unfortunately the description for that isn't that interesting, though i suppose the ending might be something. it's supposedly the season finale. i never read the original material so i know nothing about that stuff

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Feels like every episode has been filler these last weeks.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What actually happened to Madison from Fear?

I really didn't mind S1-3 of that show and I would've been happy if TWD was at that level but no they had to crater Fear as well

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Scrotum Modem posted:

filler poo poo. boring

Here's Negan

description:

Carol takes Negan on a journey, hoping to minimize the increasing tension. Negan reflects on the events that led him to this point and comes to a conclusion about his future.

unfortunately the description for that isn't that interesting, though i suppose the ending might be something. it's supposedly the season finale. i never read the original material so i know nothing about that stuff

LOL let me guess: the Conclusion he reaches is he has to leave on a soul searching quest because from a writing perspective he's too overpowered against the new antagonists

It will be interesting to see how he went from a nice guy to sadistic dick as a defense mechanism in the apocalypse. Unfortunately because this is a "COVID episode" we aren't going to see him interacting with students as a teacher, or building The Saviors.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

John F Bennett posted:

Feels like every episode has been filler these last weeks.

It really feels like they are having trouble making the show during COVID so they are doing as few actors/locations as possible. The show has been kinda bad for a while but it was never this BORING.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CODChimera posted:

What actually happened to Madison from Fear?

I really didn't mind S1-3 of that show and I would've been happy if TWD was at that level but no they had to crater Fear as well

Died with just enough ambiguity that she could come back somehow

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Our long nightmare is ending

https://twitter.com/thr/status/1378879520699219969?s=21

This should surprise no one.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:lol: at that end

Negan stays, gets rid of the bat for good, and basically welcomes the inevitability of Maggie killing him, to which Carol's like "well if that's what you want :shrug:"

Will admit though it was cool having Jeffrey's real-life wife play his wife

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Color me surprised though, I really thought they were gonna get rid of him. It will be interesting to see how he plays it out vs the new "Big Bad".

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Our long nightmare is ending

quote:

The final season will consist of 24 episodes — essentially a season and a half — and stretch through late 2022
It's in sight, but still so far away.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Man they memoryholed Carl bad.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009

Scrotum Modem posted:

filler poo poo. boring

Here's Negan

description:

I haven't seen the Negan episode yet, but the one preceding it may hold the title of the most pointless episode of the series so far, and that is a hotly contested category.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

Will admit though it was cool having Jeffrey's real-life wife play his wife

COVID-proof casting! I don't know the actress but I liked her acting.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I know, I know, poo poo isnt real

BUT I am watching episode 17 (I think the first ep for this half?) and somehow the survivalist dude set off a grenade that hurt him and no one else despite them being in a 3 foot radius around him

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I know, I know, poo poo isnt real

BUT I am watching episode 17 (I think the first ep for this half?) and somehow the survivalist dude set off a grenade that hurt him and no one else despite them being in a 3 foot radius around him

that episode is finally what got me to go "NOPE"

i'll probably watch the actual season finale but that episode was some of the worst TV i've ever watched, not even within the realms of hatewatching

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Like how much cooler would that have been to have the guy reveal the pin way later so they have no time to react and have the grenade fizzle (because lol poo poo is old) and then have him pick up his knife and kill himself anyways

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
just, like, at least go prone or something

https://i.imgur.com/h0CAC7X.gifv

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
The editing in that clip makes it seem like the grenade explosion occurs over like 10 seconds, like it's just churning more and more earth out of the ground as it cuts from Maggie to Daryl and back.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
well they fuckin pad and stretch everything else to eat up airtime so why not

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

moist turtleneck posted:

just, like, at least go prone or something

https://i.imgur.com/h0CAC7X.gifv

I had a great joke all played out but I cannot get a gifv (imgur wont' make them for me) or anything at all to play on here. What's your workflow?

BonoMan fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Apr 9, 2021

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You can upload a regular old MP4 to imgur and it will convert to gifv automatically, at least with browser

You have to use the lovely new beta stuff to get sound for the gifv though

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Thompsons posted:

well they fuckin pad and stretch everything else to eat up airtime so why not

Yeah I feel like some bean counter was like why have A/B plots? We can split that into two eps of extremely stretched A plots

Daryl ep was interesting but way too long and the priest/cleric episode was just another "are we the baddies? Nah, that can't be it"

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

moist turtleneck posted:

You can upload a regular old MP4 to imgur and it will convert to gifv automatically, at least with browser

You have to use the lovely new beta stuff to get sound for the gifv though

grrr it never does this for me. It just gives me an mp4 link. No GifV! (even when I choose to not use sound)

edit: Anyway everyone enjoy my dumb joke in stupid imgur format https://imgur.com/byNgY8A

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

BonoMan posted:

grrr it never does this for me. It just gives me an mp4 link. No GifV! (even when I choose to not use sound)

edit: Anyway everyone enjoy my dumb joke in stupid imgur format https://imgur.com/byNgY8A

That made me laugh! I had forgotten about that, let's never forget.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh if you get an MP4 you also have a gifv, I think it's just a different instruction

When posting, it's just the url, no image tags or anything, just change the MP4 to gifv (it will add url tags which you want)

It won't show up in preview I think, you just gotta trust

code:

[url]https://i.imgur.com/byNgY8A.gifv[/url]

https://i.imgur.com/byNgY8A.gifv

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
new trailers for black summer season 2. dropping june 17.

https://www.cbr.com/netflix-black-summer-season-2-teasers/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9-kJB8AVFA&t=77s

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1394699305403838466

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1394703075663925250

https://twitter.com/NetflixGeeked/status/1394706853330829316

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
hell loving yeah

I watched the "stuck in a railcar" ep of WD the other day and got nothing out of it and kept thinking about how Black Summer could somehow turn that plot into something awesome and suspenseful

Zane
Nov 14, 2007
s1 was a bit wooly and experimental. but yeah some of the eps were as good as the genre has ever been on television. revived Black Summer, as well as upcoming Last of Us adaptation, as well as new Army of the Dead franchise, will make television an interesting media space again for zombie stuff for the next couple of years. glad to be moving out of the doldrums of late Walking Dead.

Zane fucked around with this message at 18:39 on May 21, 2021

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXr85xCjKrI

lmao this trailer

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

It's literally just the cast posing dramatically in front of greenscreens. They're great for the series of holographic posters the ad agency will put on the sides of buses but someone made the conscious decision to put that on youtube

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
In good news season 2 of black summer kicked rear end

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

drat it's already out? I'm waiting until I can :420: then I'm gonna binge through all of it

Is it a continuation of s1?

That TWD trailer was a loving joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

moist turtleneck posted:

woah awesome. Thank god I clicked this thread