Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
You don't have a right to see Hamilton :smug:

Wanna see what new rights he's gonna have if his route to the theater is blocked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

Like gently caress amazon and all but if I was jeff Bezos I'd be like "someone go and put a porta potty on one of our warehouse bots and connect it to our handheld scanner thing so warehouse workers can just call the poobot and take a dump in it rather than walk 20 mins across our mile warehouse." I know goons will point out all of the ways this could be used to torment workers and I get it but toilets that come when you call are definitely part of fully automated luxury gay space communism and they gotta be invented sometime.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Leroy Diplowski posted:

Like gently caress amazon and all but if I was jeff Bezos I'd be like "someone go and put a porta potty on one of our warehouse bots and connect it to our handheld scanner thing so warehouse workers can just call the poobot and take a dump in it rather than walk 20 mins across our mile warehouse." I know goons will point out all of the ways this could be used to torment workers and I get it but toilets that come when you call are definitely part of fully automated luxury gay space communism and they gotta be invented sometime.

:hmmyes:

If they're so concerned with effishunsi... why not just bring the bathrooms closer to the workers so you're not losing all this time in transit when they inevitably have to use the bathroom? They almost certainly make these kinds of calculations when it comes to their robots. Hell, I make those calculations when I'm just playing management sims.

I can only conclude the cruelty is the point.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
yeah i want something full of human poo poo rolling around the production floor/warehouse

theres already the managers and office types

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

bagual posted:

infrastructure fail is garlic to neoliberalism

you mean my globalized economy needs roads and poo poo?????

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
he'd fit right into this thread, hang on i'll buy him an account

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

Toph Bei Fong posted:

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2016/10/do-economists-actually-know-what-wealth-is/

Basically anything negative said about Greg Mankiw is probably correct. He's like a living caricature of a ghoulish economist

thanks

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So when will the oligarchs cash out and leave us to die?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

In Training posted:

mah boat is too big!! *world's economy collapses*

lmfao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i hope it's related to the boat clog

lmao if one dipshit canal pilot destroyed the global economy

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao if one dipshit canal pilot destroyed the global economy

excuse me you misspelled "hero canal pilot"

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

the real hero of the story is the big boat penis

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i hope post collapse history books have a little graphic insert of the ships path from the dick right until it grounded

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you mean my globalized economy needs roads and poo poo?????

no that's why private planes exist

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
everything is really fragile and that's honestly very funny

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
if i was jeff bezos i'd require all my warehouse employees to have a catheter and then they couldn't say they have to piss in a bottle anymore.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Pissing in bottles
working all day
Stealing this shipment
the Amazon way

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 27 days!)

https://twitter.com/yicaibao/status/1375259099437228033

:sickos:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Content status: Ever Given

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

opening my door - what the gently caress?! Why are my packages covered in poo poo and piss

Van speeds away with poo flying out the back

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Just wondering why the Amazon courtyard has a piss fountain is all

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Crazypoops posted:

Just wondering why the Amazon courtyard has a piss fountain is all

you don't really believe that, do you? 1/n

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

all because the container ship captain got tired of the canal asking if it was in yet

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i hope post collapse history books have a little graphic insert of the ships path from the dick right until it grounded

You love to see it

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

In early 2019, Softbank invested $800 million in the company through its Vision Fund.

Lmao every time

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

In early 2019, Softbank invested $800 million in the company through its Vision Fund.

Lmao every time

someday it will be discovered that son is a secret, long forgotten KGB bioproject designed to destroy capitalism

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
softbanks gotta be a money laundering operation or something lol. invest in garbage companies so when money vanishes no one asks questions.

or the garbage companies are where the money is being laundered into.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Vox Nihili posted:

Lmao every time

lol

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

For real though from a purely monetary perspective the best solution is to pay for the homes of everyone who lives around the ship so they evacuate and then pay Russia to nuke it.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Greensill already filed in the UK for administration. They basically started as a factor but ended up factoring hypothetical future sales for a bunch of companies which tanked. Truly, they please NUMBER.

Edit: Also, David Cameron lobbied heavily for them to do whatever. Love my pig-loving lobbyists!

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
If this poo poo doesn't get unclogged it WILL absolutely turbo gently caress Europe's economy to the point where the EU should consider it to be an issue of regional security.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

human garbage bag posted:

If this poo poo doesn't get unclogged it WILL absolutely turbo gently caress Europe's economy to the point where the EU should consider it to be an issue of regional security.

the ship's crew has already been spirited away so no one will ever get the full story out of them

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Your amazon packages DEFINITELY have feces on them

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

A supervisor was giving a guy at my work a hard time about using the bathroom once years ago so he stood there and defiantly pissed his pants in front of them and they sent him home. But we have a union so he just came back the next day lol.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

A supervisor was giving a guy at my work a hard time about using the bathroom once years ago so he stood there and defiantly pissed his pants in front of them and they sent him home. But we have a union so he just came back the next day lol.

Ah, the ol reliable Ted Nugent strategy

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
So what's the likelihood that a bunch of maritime insurers go bust because of this? There's no way they have enough to cover these losses

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

the marine underwriters were having a bad year already. I mean there have been multiple very large losses of on deck containers on several vessels in the last six months.

the claims industry is uh having a good year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we will just bail them out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

euphronius posted:

we will just bail them out

i dont see jpow bailing out lloyds of london