Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Beans and lentils (which are beans, right?) suck except green beans.

What did Micromancer do anyway? Computre?

the man plays EVE so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

is that the one where they're stuffed with batter and wrapped in dough? that stuff looked like starvation times food

Close, it’s puffin stuffed with cake batter w/ raisins and braised. Doesn’t sound half bad, if chickens suddenly stopped existing.

quote:

Leave the plucked, gutted and cleaned puffins to soak in cold water overnight before cooking them. They have a peculiar but tasty, fresh-ocean flavour to them, which can grow very strong and a bit heady for my taste if they are not handled well.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Fortaleza posted:

Close, it’s puffin stuffed with cake batter w/ raisins and braised. Doesn’t sound half bad, if chickens suddenly stopped existing.

i got to go to newfoundland a few years ago for an inlaw wedding where we saw tons of puffins shooting straight across the water (the brides uncle owned a small fishing boat so i got to go out on the ocean for the first time which was pretty baller).

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

the man plays EVE so

More like EWW

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

balls in ear, dance all morning?
Usually on the back of the neck or plopp't right upon ye pate be ye balde

I was once the LA goth/industrial scene's most feared and capable teabagger

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Or alternately "I went to Harvard!"

oh, Howard? they have a beautiful campus

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

mediaphage posted:

lol green beans are easily the worst bean

have you tried seasoning them

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

green beans are the best standalone beans

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

have you tried seasoning them

i don't think they're bland, i just don't care for them.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

oh, Howard? they have a beautiful campus

Lol

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

holy poo poo my arm is incredibly sore from that shot

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

It's the m$ chips OP, once your system reboots you will be fine.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

if I don't get better reception and download speeds I am going to be pissed

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

they injected you with arm-hurting juice as a prank!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i think part of this is that people forget how vaccines can be stressful in a physical sense. i still remember getting a booster shot in high school and my at least arm was sore for a good two weeks; i can't remember anything else

i've never had an issue with the flu vax really though i got it one year and immediately got cold hives for the first time in my life an hour later

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfI7dLjQp9U

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No he's actually yelling "woo-oos"

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

:same:

worse than a tdap

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

:same:

worse than a tdap

poo poo, thanks, that reminds me it's been 11 years since I had a tetanus booster

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Kazinsal posted:

poo poo, thanks, that reminds me it's been 11 years since I had a tetanus booster

fyi it was an 8 year renewal probably last time you had one

we had to make so many boomers in our families get reupped when we formed babby, and goddamn did they hem and haw lol

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I had no idea you were supposed to get tetanus boosters at all until a doctor said "when was your last one?" and i said "I don't know what's it say in my records?" and the answer was 2001 which made the doc pull this face: :crossarms:

this is what happens when you don't need to actually go to the doctor for like 15 straight years I guess

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

we had to make so many boomers in our families get reupped when we formed babby, and goddamn did they hem and haw lol

What strange family 'new baby' rituals do you have where boomers infect babies and/or themselves with tetanus?

Is crucifixion involved?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I had no idea you were supposed to get tetanus boosters at all until a doctor said "when was your last one?" and i said "I don't know what's it say in my records?" and the answer was 2001 which made the doc pull this face: :crossarms:

this is what happens when you don't need to actually go to the doctor for like 15 straight years I guess

it's unusual to have regular doctor appointments here, usually you just turn up when you're sick and need fixing, so ... same. no idea when I last had a tetanus shot.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

our friends made their immediate family get whooping cough vaccines (we did too. everyone does) before they could see their newborn and they made the biggest stink. ended up not being able to see their grandson until he was old enough to get his own vaccine :(

you bastards also made me google my extremely unique name and the entire first page of google is my linked-in, github, stack sites etc. the last link is the cricket league I played for ages ago though :3: hope no one looks at that my stats were very bad

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sassafras posted:

What strange family 'new baby' rituals do you have where boomers infect babies and/or themselves with tetanus?

Is crucifixion involved?
dtap is for diptheria, tetanus and pertussis (whooping cough) all combined

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

even the specter of not having babby access is a great motivator, ime.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

when i google my name i get some guy that murdered some of his family as the first half dozen hits. i'm pretty sure hiring people wouldn't get me mixed up with that particular guy, but i always figured it would unconsciously bias them against me. not ideal.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Eeyo posted:

when i google my name i get some guy that murdered some of his family as the first half dozen hits. i'm pretty sure hiring people wouldn't get me mixed up with that particular guy, but i always figured it would unconsciously bias them against me. not ideal.

oh, wuddup lyle/eric manendez?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

whenever i google my name i get results about some cool and badass motherfucker (it’s me :c00lbert:)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

when i google my name i get a corporate website and websites discussion that corporation's products

yes, it's me, charles schwabb.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

My only diehard cooking opinion is that japanese knives own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDNNG9doFe4

i bought a masamoto carbon steel gyuto from one of their shops in tokyo last time i was there and i like it a lot. it only gets a little bit sharper than my cheap victorinox chefs knife, but it sharpens MUCH easier and faster and stays sharp longer, and i like the balance. it cost about $150

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

There are 700+ dudes with my name in north america, when I google it I'm nowhere to be found :ninja:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

also i kept asking my wife to not leave it in the sink and dry it off after using it so it won’t rust, which is apparently enough to scare her off it completely and she always uses the victorinox instead. she’s only recently figured out (after the third time) that not wiping dry the carbon steel wok really does rust it even just overnight and i was not in fact exaggerating or lying. idk what the big deal is with drying stuff in the kitchen

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
when i google myself i get a yacht company

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

when i google myself i get my own github, facebook, a mention from somebody on twitter, and an old archive local newspaper article that lists me as winning 3rd place in the 400 meter dash in middle school

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

kitten emergency posted:

when i google myself i get a yacht company

cruel of your parents to name you boaty mcboatface

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

fart simpson posted:

an old archive local newspaper article that lists me as winning 3rd place in the 400 meter dash in middle school

this should be the first line of your résumé lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

i bought a masamoto carbon steel gyuto from one of their shops in tokyo last time i was there and i like it a lot. it only gets a little bit sharper than my cheap victorinox chefs knife, but it sharpens MUCH easier and faster and stays sharp longer, and i like the balance. it cost about $150

I have a very cheap Santoku that I bought when I moved, and it's been the best knife i've ever owned.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

fart simpson posted:

also i kept asking my wife to not leave it in the sink and dry it off after using it so it won’t rust, which is apparently enough to scare her off it completely and she always uses the victorinox instead. she’s only recently figured out (after the third time) that not wiping dry the carbon steel wok really does rust it even just overnight and i was not in fact exaggerating or lying. idk what the big deal is with drying stuff in the kitchen

my partner does this too, I'm always asking her not to leave big knives dangling off the edge of the sink dirty. my carbon steel cookware is safe though because she just flat won't use cookware that can't go in the dishwasher :v:

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i use an ikea knife that i bought 15 years ago and sharpen like once a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cold on a Cob posted:

this should be the first line of your résumé lol

there were only two other people in the race lol