Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheBacon posted:

russian failson gonna be first into the wall and gonna throw a tantrum

Max is Dutch OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Excited for track day

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

even excited for fp1

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
BOLD predictions:

Sir Poois Shamilton will win an 8th WDC, then retire to become the new Hugo Boss.
Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow The Human Population will win at least two races, leading to excitement about Ferrari's return to form that will promptly be wasted.
Checo will outperform Max early in the season, prompting a Dutch strop the size of the Ever Given and a sudden reorganisation of team resources that replaces Checo's engineers with Morris Minor and the Majors.
Alpha and Alfa will be interchangeable and equally forgettable.
Nikita Mazepin will be accidentally taken out by the same driver twice. Said driver will be "accidentally" taken out by two shots to the back of the head in an alley behind their favourite nightclub.
Nobody will notice or care about Williams except Brundle droning on about Sir Frank's legacy blah blah.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Vettel is like a guy in a movie who used to be good at something but now he's old and bad and bald. But then something happens to remind him to be good again and then he wins one last championship.

Please remember how to be good Seb

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Butternubs posted:

Vettel is like a guy in a movie who used to be good at something but now he's old and bad and bald. But then something happens to remind him to be good again and then he wins one last championship.

Please remember how to be good Seb

rocky v was a poo poo movie

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Payndz posted:

BOLD predictions:

Sir Poois Shamilton will win an 8th WDC, then retire to become the new Hugo Boss.
Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow The Human Population will win at least two races, leading to excitement about Ferrari's return to form that will promptly be wasted.
Checo will outperform Max early in the season, prompting a Dutch strop the size of the Ever Given and a sudden reorganisation of team resources that replaces Checo's engineers with Morris Minor and the Majors.
Alpha and Alfa will be interchangeable and equally forgettable.
Nikita Mazepin will be accidentally taken out by the same driver twice. Said driver will be "accidentally" taken out by two shots to the back of the head in an alley behind their favourite nightclub.
Nobody will notice or care about Williams except Brundle droning on about Sir Frank's legacy blah blah.

None of these are bold, at all. You want a BOLD PREDICTION? I predict that Lewis Hamilton WILL NOT be awarded the World Drivers' Championship for 2021.

I also predict Baku will reject us, unlike previous years.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

God drat am I pumped for this season and will slowly settle for lewis endlessly getting in there as my enthusiasm drains

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

hell yeah

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

should've used that picture of lance chatting up the intern from drive to survive in the op, op.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

ilmucche posted:

should've used that picture of lance chatting up the intern from drive to survive in the op, op.

Leaning Lance

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Edward Mass posted:

None of these are bold, at all. You want a BOLD PREDICTION? I predict that Lewis Hamilton WILL NOT be awarded the World Drivers' Championship for 2021.
ULTRA BOLD prediction: Fernando Alonso, triple WDC.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

alonso is gonna spear it into a wall on some shallow corner and that metal plate in his head is gonna come loose

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Payndz posted:

ULTRA BOLD prediction: Fernando Alonso, triple WDC.

MEGA BOLD Alonse will do so poorly, he will be stripped of his previous WDCs

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Can't wait for all the "lol epic nando" tweets and comments when he tells his team that they're poo poo after he manages to qualify behind Ocon

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
McLaren are poo poo.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

jazzyhattrick posted:

Max is Dutch OP.

He's Belgian

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

like at least kimi doesn't even try to make it seem like he cares and you can respect that. Alfa is a slow team using ferrari's lovely pig iron tractor engines but it's just a hobby for him.

Alonso's out there acting like he's gonna thrash that lovely renault onto the podium despite being further past his prime than either kimi or seb lol

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
There will be another surprise race winner like Gasly and Pérez for Netflix to cut a whole episode around for season 4

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tsaedje posted:

He's Belgian

That would explain his half-handed attempts at staying on the track

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pirate Radar posted:

There will be another surprise race winner like Gasly and Pérez for Netflix to cut a whole episode around for season 4

I mean its been a while since I watched the series but iirc Gasly and Checo got highlighted more because they brushed off their failures than because they won by attrition under freak circumstances

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I'm debating buy a Moka Pot, should I?

Also on Sunday I will be seasoning my antique Husqvarna cast iron pan I bought a few weeks ago. The most F1 of F1 thread activities.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Dirk Pitt posted:

I'm debating buy a Moka Pot, should I?

Also on Sunday I will be seasoning my antique Husqvarna cast iron pan I bought a few weeks ago. The most F1 of F1 thread activities.

season the moka pot too

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Pirate Radar posted:

This is the reason I bother to watch every single race isn’t it?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

FAUXTON posted:

I mean its been a while since I watched the series but iirc Gasly and Checo got highlighted more because they brushed off their failures than because they won by attrition under freak circumstances

How can it have been a while, it’s only been out for a week

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

He's Belgian

Fun fact, Lance Stroll is also half Belgian

I mean it's not that fun

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pirate Radar posted:

How can it have been a while, it’s only been out for a week

a week is a while

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Pirate Radar posted:

Imagine if DTS had been running in 2012. Maldonado's win followed by the Williams Inferno couldn't have been better scripted by some hack trying to force in a theme about karmic balance.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

track day bro! posted:

I mean it's not that fun

Lando Norris is also half belgian. Bit weird that 3 drivers have belgian mums

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

track day bro! posted:

I mean it's not that fun

He's 100% awesome, OP

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Payndz posted:

Imagine if DTS had been running in 2012. Maldonado's win followed by the Williams Inferno couldn't have been better scripted by some hack trying to force in a theme about karmic balance.

Maldonado's win was orchestrated by Bernie Ecclestone as a birthday present to Frank Williams, the fire was a deliberate act to destroy evidence that illegal fuels were used to give Williams a performance advantage.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Trip report on the F1TV and VPN combo (thanks to whoever suggested it in the last thread). This is what I did:

- Used a VPN (Mullvad) to sign up as a user in the USA, using Apple Pay on my iPhone
- All live stuff seems to work fine from my PC when logged into the F1TV website, and I don't have to be on the VPN for it to work
- To watch on my iPhone I have to be on the VPN

When watching on a PC in Chrome you have the option to Chromecast the video to a TV, but this stream doesn't load - presumably these are region locked, and the Chromecast isn't on a VPN.

I have only tested with the F2 practice so far as that's the only live content, but it seems good so far.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol this f2 driver's name is drugovich

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Payndz posted:

Hamilton overtaking Glock to take the WDC from Massa is so contrived that Hollywood would reject it

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Payndz posted:

:mods:

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

#essereFerrari more like #lesserFerrari

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Low Percent Lunge posted:

#essereFerrari more like #lesserFerrari

wow nice racism against italians, bigot

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Low Percent Lunge posted:

Hamilton overtaking Glock to take the WDC from Massa is so contrived that Hollywood would reject it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driven_(2001_film)

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

please add to the gifs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007