Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

teagone posted:

Hmm, after seeing how he filmed Victor's football games... I'm 100% onboard with this. I can just imagine all the glistening, ripped bodies in slow motion, playing basketball...oh boy.

:getin:

Dunno if you saw it the last time it got posted, but you can watch that right now with a 1991 era Michael Jordan.

Legendary basketball player, awful dancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Dunno if you saw it the last time it got posted, but you can watch that right now with a 1991 era Michael Jordan.

Legendary basketball player, awful dancer.

Yeah I've seen that, but that's baby-Snyder at work. Full-blown, unfiltered modern-era Snyder adapting anime is what I want.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Zack Snyder's Berserk is the correct answer and if you say anything else you are wrong and I'll see you in the dome.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Zack Snyder's Baki please and thank you

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

https://youtu.be/7HeRNVCV0Rc

But in slo-mo

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Zack Snyder's Baki please and thank you

Having time freeze so someone can monologue about which magical karate technique that person is using would be loving dope.

I watched the Netflix series last year and it ruled how, even among superhuman kickboxers and immortal kung fu masters, there's an almost religious reverence for Muhammed Ali. There's something really cool about that.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Zack Snyder’s Ninja Scroll

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

Zack Snyder’s Ninja Scroll

Lol

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Roth posted:

My Hero Academia :twisted:

I have a casting idea. Richard Brake as non super All Might.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Snowman_McK posted:

I watched the Netflix series last year and it ruled how, even among superhuman kickboxers and immortal kung fu masters, there's an almost religious reverence for Muhammed Ali. There's something really cool about that.
Baki's ogre of a father basically saying "Yo you could have perfected an all new martial art if the U.S. wasn't loving RACIST and robbed you of two years of training" was pretty awesome.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Baki's ogre of a father basically saying "Yo you could have perfected an all new martial art if the U.S. wasn't loving RACIST and robbed you of two years of training" was pretty awesome.

I love that acknowledgement that, for all the show's efforts to come up with the ultimate fighter, there's a real life guy out there who's pretty loving close to that.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hot Take. Muhammad Ali is the prototypical and ideal pro wrestler.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's not a hot take at all. Showmanship, charisma, personality and and out of the ring, and technicals that would make Peak Steiner/Perfect blush.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I have read that Ali watched pro wrestling and figured that playing the heel would work as well for a real sport as it does for a fake one (and it's not like he was going to get a good reputation as a black man anyway) so he played it up to get people to buy tickets to his matches hoping to see him get beat up. I imagine it works well with rope-a-dope tactics too.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Awesome so I’m not the only one that connected that. Very cool.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Zack Snyder's Fist of the North Star. It has the high melodrama, the rippling muscles, the ultra-violence, and enough source material to make a four-hours movie out of.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Bongo Bill posted:

Zack Snyder's Fist of the North Star. It has the high melodrama, the rippling muscles, the ultra-violence, and enough source material to make a four-hours movie out of.
gently caress. Yes.

Who do we get that looks like a young Sly Stallone?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Gatts posted:

Hot Take. Muhammad Ali is the prototypical and ideal pro wrestler.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I have read that Ali watched pro wrestling and figured that playing the heel would work as well for a real sport as it does for a fake one (and it's not like he was going to get a good reputation as a black man anyway) so he played it up to get people to buy tickets to his matches hoping to see him get beat up. I imagine it works well with rope-a-dope tactics too.

He specifically copied a dude called 'Gorgeous George' who was a very successful American pro wrestler. He copied his whole gimmick: George would come in, looking down his nose at everyone, talking about how pretty he is and how good his hair is. Ali talked about it on a British chat show. It helped that Ali was almost superhumanly charismatic and charming.

If anyone hasn't watched the documentary "When we were Kings" go watch it right now. Even if you're not into boxing, it's a hell of a watch.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It continues to work well into tyool current year.
Two primo cases being McGregor and Israel Adesanya.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Come to think it, I'd watch the gently caress out of a Snyder boxing or MMA movie.

Solus posted:

Adesanya was especially interesting since, after his recent loss, he knew when to drop the heel act. Suddenly he wasn't cocky and arrogant and had nothing but nice things to say about Jan's abilities as a fighter.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Snowman_McK posted:

Come to think it, I'd watch the gently caress out of a Snyder boxing or MMA movie.

Zack Snyder's Teppu

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Solus posted:

Especially given how sports are basically entertainment, and how important merchandising and media spotlight is to making money, I imagine you could find examples in nearly every decade and sport. Presentation is everything.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

Zack Snyder's Berserk is the correct answer and if you say anything else you are wrong and I'll see you in the dome.

While you are correct I wouldn't wish that on Zack or ANYONE else for that matter.

Could you imagine any director touching something with that much rape built into the narrative- he already gets called the Rape King by dumb nerds as it is. Berserk is the story of how you and all your friends will be raped and you must deal with that trauma for your entire life and I'm not even joking

that being said he needs to adapt the Lost Children arc very specifically

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Zach Snyder’s Hannibal. Get those elephants over the alps.

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Mar 26, 2021

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Zack Snyder's Bloodborne

https://twitter.com/SunhiLegend/status/1292240118351310855?s=20

c'mon it's obvious

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

he's had a couple of musical numbers

symphogear

mctesticle
Sep 28, 2004
Zack Snyder's Legend of Galactic Heroes.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
zack snyder's evangelion, come on guys

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Zack Snyder's 1565 siege of Malta.

Burkion posted:

While you are correct I wouldn't wish that on Zack or ANYONE else for that matter.

Could you imagine any director touching something with that much rape built into the narrative- he already gets called the Rape King by dumb nerds as it is. Berserk is the story of how you and all your friends will be raped and you must deal with that trauma for your entire life and I'm not even joking

Fair point, but I figure it also plays to his strengths of heroes overcoming tryhard edginess and forging true friendships.

Snowman_McK fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 26, 2021

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Gatts posted:

Vagrant Story, my favorite video game of all time

Oh my loving good golly yes,imagine rosencrantz with zack snyder costuming or literally any of them with zack snyder costuming and framing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yu Yu Hakusho

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Snowman_McK posted:

WB is sitting on an actual cultural phenomenon and they've lucked into doing it in a new way that fits our largely post cinema world.

so watch them ignore it out of spite.

Probably yeah. They just beat Endgame as the most tweeted hashtag, that's insane.

It's worth pointing out that it's not just about getting Zack to finish the JL films, it's about greenlighting a slew of movies like a Batfleck / Deathstroke thing, Cyborg, Martha manhunter, a Black Canary series, the Atom, etc etc. They are explicitly, loudly and insistantly yelling at WB "THIS IS WHAT WE WANT" and they will advertise that poo poo to high heaven, it's a media companies wet loving dream

Instead they're getting Peacekeeper :laffo:

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

I feel they are extremely hesitant after the shellacking that BvS and Josstice got. Waaay too many floating pieces with Cavill and Affleck involved in other things, ray is at war with Hamada and a good chunk of the execs, then it’s a whole movie or close of apocalypse with Superman out there lasering fools in half so it’s turning back the clock to BvS times and the thousand and a half op-Ed, million of YouTube hours and podcasts blasting this for being too grim dark and edgy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The only thing I personally want WB to do is to bring back Keanu as Constantine and fold him into continuity (even if just loosely) with Snyder's cape poo poo.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

teagone posted:

The only thing I personally want WB to do is to bring back Keanu as Constantine and fold him into continuity (even if just loosely) with Snyder's cape poo poo.

Snyder standalone Constantine movie would absolutely rock. Go wild with the Hell poo poo. Actually, I've been saying for years that Michael Bay should adapt Paradise Lost, but it's obviously much more Snyder's bag.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Michael Keaton apparently reading the room and muttering about Covid while he scrambles to get out of this mess is pretty funny. He’s a smart guy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Michael Keaton apparently reading the room and muttering about Covid while he scrambles to get out of this mess is pretty funny. He’s a smart guy.

He's not wrong about covid, but yeah lmao. He's probably like, "man these chucklefucks at WB have no idea what they're doing." lololol.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Yeah, doesn’t sound super excited about it.

quote:

"I am needing a minute to think about it because I'm so fortunate and blessed, I got so much going on now. I'm really into work right now. I don’t know why, but I am, and so, yeah, I mean, you know, to tell you the truth, somewhere on my iPad is an iteration of the whole Flash thing that I haven't had time yet… I called them and said, I have to be honest with you. I can't look at anything right now," Keaton told Deadline. "I'm so deep into this thing I'm doing [Hulu series Dopesick]. Also, I'm prepping a thing I'm producing and getting ready to do down the road in the fall that I'll be in, and I feel responsible to that."

Talks about COVID later in the interview.

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/michael-keaton-possible-batman-return-flash-movie-covid-filming/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just sounds like he's really tied up with tons of stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Tarsem Singh's Voices from a Distant Star.