Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Ornery and Hornery posted:

is HS tracker acting weird for any of y'all?

It's usually weird for a couple of days after a big patch while they figure the new stuff out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do we have to craft cards for classic? EG, Edwin? I dusted him after the nerf.

Also with sylvanas I now have a portrait for every hero :toot:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

NorgLyle posted:

Playing around with Classic and I'm surprised to see so many people who have forgotten how the Classic era worked.
I reckon plenty of people are trying out the mode who weren't playing Hearthstone back in 2014.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

NorgLyle posted:

A great time to practice for the Million Dollar Tournament.

Playing around with Classic and I'm surprised to see so many people who have forgotten how the Classic era worked.

How so?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
In my experience so far its mainly people misunderstanding the meta. The big miss is going for face damage instead of efficient minion trading which has made playing Druid very pleasant as it's been a lot easier getting people in range of fourteen damage than it should be.

Plenty of misplaying Handlocks and Freeze Mages in particular, people either forgot how to play those decks or have netdecked for a meta they don't understand.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Edit; double post

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
So a friend of mine and regular player complains about the game's odd behaviour:

1. Yesterday, after the patch, there were lots of golden cards shown as a reward when clicking on Journal>Achivements. Stuff like "Great Victory win 500 games in ranked, arena or duel " popping up several times with several golden cards above it. These cards do not show up anywhere in the Collection though. We tried the various filters and nothing.

2. The little icon that indicates you can turn new cards you already had into dust is showing you should use that function, but upon clicking it the area where you can stays empty. I assume you can make dust only in certain modes, but clicking around didn't help.

3. There was a pack of the new expansion promised and shown after the patch that did not show up in "open packs", as they usually do, with the note "open only when X is released." Now it just isn't there.

Now she is livid and wants those golden cards!!! I assume it will all sort itself out in a few days but promised to ask around which I did. I started Hearthstone myself and noticed the same issues (and took pictures as proof) so it's not just her. This is an EU account. Perhaps you could shed some light on this situation? Are these known bugs? Anyway thanks for reading.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Are these known bugs? Anyway thanks for reading.

Yeah, so is the Ashes of Outland prologue reward.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Olpainless posted:

Yeah, i'm still refining again, it's been so long since i've quested

Zola and DK are going in for value.

I kind of want to keep one weapon in at least to make the Raiding Party even better? Hmm, wagglepick is a bounce... choice made!

### its backkkkk
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 2x (0) Shadowstep
# 2x (1) Bloodsail Flybooter
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Secret Passage
# 2x (1) Stonetusk Boar
# 1x (1) The Caverns Below
# 2x (2) Bluegill Warrior
# 2x (2) Questing Explorer
# 2x (2) Swindle
# 1x (2) Tenwu of the Red Smoke
# 2x (2) Vicious Scalehide
# 2x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
# 2x (3) Raiding Party
# 1x (3) Sonya Shadowdancer
# 1x (3) Zola the Gorgon
# 1x (4) Waggle Pick
# 1x (9) Valeera the Hollow
#
AAEBAd75AwaGwgKA0wLP4QLD6gKJmwPD4QMM7QKfA4gF4wWGCZfBAvbsAtWMA7ulA7+uA6rLA+fdAwA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This feels more like its on the right path

self quoting this

ahahahahahahaha Crystal Core is back, Flybooter was made for this

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I think all those golden cards are from the upcoming free to everyone 'core' set that will release at the same time as the Barrens expansion so they're not visible yet. the other two are probably bugs

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
Little thing you may not notice but is handy - the reward for old murk eye and the parrot is re-enabled now they're not Hall of Fame, so you might be able to get a copy of those if you weren't able to claim the quest before. (I now have two murkeyes, I guess?)

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

So a friend of mine and regular player complains about the game's odd behaviour:

1. Yesterday, after the patch, there were lots of golden cards shown as a reward when clicking on Journal>Achivements. Stuff like "Great Victory win 500 games in ranked, arena or duel " popping up several times with several golden cards above it. These cards do not show up anywhere in the Collection though. We tried the various filters and nothing.

2. The little icon that indicates you can turn new cards you already had into dust is showing you should use that function, but upon clicking it the area where you can stays empty. I assume you can make dust only in certain modes, but clicking around didn't help.

3. There was a pack of the new expansion promised and shown after the patch that did not show up in "open packs", as they usually do, with the note "open only when X is released." Now it just isn't there.

Now she is livid and wants those golden cards!!! I assume it will all sort itself out in a few days but promised to ask around which I did. I started Hearthstone myself and noticed the same issues (and took pictures as proof) so it's not just her. This is an EU account. Perhaps you could shed some light on this situation? Are these known bugs? Anyway thanks for reading.
Those are core cards. They will become available when the core set releases on the 30th of March. It is also worth noting that they are non-dustable so no tens of thousands of dust, unfortunately.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
I've just seen something potentially HORRIFYING.

Blademaster Samuro in Big Priest.

Hope you like having your board wrecked forever

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Olpainless posted:

I've just seen something potentially HORRIFYING.

Blademaster Samuro in Big Priest.

Hope you like having your board wrecked forever
Blademaster Samuro in Big Priest was actually featured by Blizzard in their final card reveal stream, so they are well aware of it and actively support it. Enjoy!

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Thanks so much for the responses!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Anyone else finding it impossible to queue into Standard/Wild/Casual games? I can get into Classic games no problem but any time I try to play one of the aforementioned modes I get this after <10 seconds

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Enemy Secrets triggering the bow charges, they really have thought of everything!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Nybble posted:

Enemy Secrets triggering the bow charges, they really have thought of everything!
Is this real? Used to be my favourite interaction. I've only been playing Druid in Classic so hadn't encountered that.

Also Classic is a griiiinnnddd without bonus stars. Reminds me of the real thing back in the day. I don't imagine that many people will ever make it to Diamond/Legend in Classic just because of how many games you need to play the first time through.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
yeah, Face Hunter v Face Hunter was quite a surprise to see how we were both gaining charges.

Also I would have thought stars would have carried over from the other modes. Maybe it will at the April reset?

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Nybble posted:

yeah, Face Hunter v Face Hunter was quite a surprise to see how we were both gaining charges.

Also I would have thought stars would have carried over from the other modes. Maybe it will at the April reset?
Stars don't carryover between Wild and Standard so I wouldn't assume that, unless Blizzard make a special case for Classic.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I’m super excited to try out hero power mage. I don’t know if it’s any GOOD, but it looks like it might be fun.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I'm so sad that the instant concede for quest completion has been nerfed. :( I actually had to deal with playing Pure Paladin again.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I’m super excited to try out hero power mage. I don’t know if it’s any GOOD, but it looks like it might be fun.

Yeah I'm pumped to try this in wild with frost lich Jaina.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Devils Affricate posted:

Anyone else finding it impossible to queue into Standard/Wild/Casual games? I can get into Classic games no problem but any time I try to play one of the aforementioned modes I get this after <10 seconds

Update: apparently this only happens when I try to play Wild Quest Rogue! (I was mistaken when I said it happens in Standard.) My other Wild decks work fine. I think there's a certain card or cards that I'm allowed to add to my Wild deck that the game subsequently does not allow me to actually play with.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

:laffo:

https://twitter.com/bbrode/status/1375220705860538369?s=21

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I really wish they didn't let all the streamers have the new cards early

one of the best things about a new expansion was everyone trying out really janky decks and having fun, now it's going to be 100% netdecks from day one because all that experimentation has been done already :sigh:

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
It's only one day, right? The meta doesn't get solved in a day.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
The focus for the pre-launch streams is always on 'do cool poo poo' anyways, and a boring but dominant deck probably won't even be played (and even if strong decks are played, they're playing against 'lol so crazy' decks so there's no incentive to optimize them at all).

Sure, the streamers are going to use certain archetypes, but archetypes are pushed enough by Blizzard that it shouldn't be a surprise that Secret Paladin or Hero Power Mage are potentially going to be things this expansion.

Kibler was playing a "try to cast Wildfire 4+ times deck", which is fun and ridiculous as hell, but there's no way that's really viable as a competitive deck.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I am excited to figure out how to make the watchtowers viable because I liked man land decks in MTG and this is the closest we get in Hearthstone (aside from that one Druid card).

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

doingitwrong posted:

I am excited to figure out how to make the watchtowers viable because I liked man land decks in MTG and this is the closest we get in Hearthstone (aside from that one Druid card).
I really wish they had made the Peon card have watch tower symmetry. Defender of Argus is in the Core set though which should help.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, people moan about his every expansion but there are no "solved and optimised" decks that come out of the streamer sessions, decks are still being refined and experimented on weeks down the line.
There is still plenty of jank out there, you will still go up against zoo and face hunter just as much as people net decking some half arsed meme deck that Regis Kiblin chucked together.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

gandlethorpe posted:

The meta moves on, which is one of the reasons I really enjoy playing. What's good today isn't great the next day. Last year's Grandmasters showed that. One week the Quest Warlock was all the rage, in three weeks it was barely seen. I'm not worried about the game having some sort of enduring meta after this week.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Anyone playing quest rogue in wild: Try pen flinger out, it's an absolutely fantastic way to activate quest on turn 2-3 if you draw any of your cheap spells.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

L0cke17 posted:

Anyone playing quest rogue in wild: Try pen flinger out, it's an absolutely fantastic way to activate quest on turn 2-3 if you draw any of your cheap spells.

WAIT

that's absolute loving genius

i love it and hate it in equal measure

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Mr Beens posted:

Yeah, people moan about his every expansion but there are no "solved and optimised" decks that come out of the streamer sessions, decks are still being refined and experimented on weeks down the line.
There is still plenty of jank out there, you will still go up against zoo and face hunter just as much as people net decking some half arsed meme deck that Regis Kiblin chucked together.

If you're referring to the theorycrafting streams, they also have an arbitrary marketing requirement that all decks crafted and played need to use 10+ cards from the new set, which nearly guarantees by definition they won't be optimized. So anyone netdecking from those are putting themselves at a disadvantage (typically) anyways.

That said, a majority of the legwork on experiencing interactions and ideas towards next-step tweaking does get spoiled by these streams.

Take for example this 5-day pocket meta: even though the initial Warrior Charge deck was solved pretty fast, it would have sucked if streamers had a chance to play this a week before it came out, preparing everyone in advance:

### OTK Pocket
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Inner Rage
# 2x (1) Risky Skipper
# 2x (1) Shield of Honor
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 2x (3) Bloodsworn Mercenary
# 2x (3) Charge
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 2x (7) Bloodboil Brute
#
AAECAQcC3q0Dk9ADDhbYApAD1ATcqQPdrQOktgO7uQOcuwOR0AP31AO13gPB3gOR5AMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the otk runs off crabrider, I assume? crabrider drawn by corrupted stage dive > inner rage x2 > charge is 5 mana for a 9/2 with charge/windfury and you dupe it with bloodsworn?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

World War Mammories posted:

the otk runs off crabrider, I assume? crabrider drawn by corrupted stage dive > inner rage x2 > charge is 5 mana for a 9/2 with charge/windfury and you dupe it with bloodsworn?

Yes, mix in Shield of Honor for even more insane damage.

Also sometimes you just beat their face in, down to 10 health, then go Sky Raider + Inner Rage + Charge + Bloodsworn for lethal on 7 mana, or something like that.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

AnacondaHL posted:

### OTK Pocket
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Dragon
#
# 2x (0) Inner Rage
# 2x (1) Risky Skipper
# 2x (1) Shield of Honor
# 2x (1) Sky Raider
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Armorsmith
# 2x (2) Battle Rage
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 1x (3) Ancharrr
# 2x (3) Bloodsworn Mercenary
# 2x (3) Charge
# 1x (3) Lord Barov
# 2x (3) Warmaul Challenger
# 2x (4) Sword Eater
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 2x (7) Bloodboil Brute
#
AAECAQcC3q0Dk9ADDhbYApAD1ATcqQPdrQOktgO7uQOcuwOR0AP31AO13gPB3gOR5AMA
#

This looks like fun and I can’t wait to give it a go

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

World War Mammories posted:

Wait does charge actually give charge again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Any other good standard decks with the unnerfed cards? Feels like it's time for a last blast on some off meta galakrond and highlander decks. I threw together a galakrond quest shaman and it felt reasonable.