Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s seriously one of the most manic interviews I’ve ever heard in my entire life. This dude is vibrating at an extremely high frequency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
I started listening to his podcast and he is a goddamn mess there are like 40 minutes of ads no real editing and he asks a guest who’s on to talk about her true crime book if there’s any connection to satanic ritual and she goes “uh no” and then he just says oh okay and moves on

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
yeah, it starts with brace being rambling a lot. liz later holds him in check more

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
i understand that to some degree this podcast was always about inane rambling that is somewhat difficult to verify, but this episode is just like an extremely coked up guy (who seems very convivial and jokey with a lot of known sickos and predators!) just going off on a tangent for every single name that gets mentioned. I listened to the entire thing and barely absorbed the information because he is just info-dumping for the entire hour.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
What was the unlocked ep?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ep 124: Pills & Women

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Ed Opperman rules and I'm not not if he's a gigantic crank or not but I choose to believe he's telling the truth

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
Sorry I was talking about the opperman report. I get the sense that he does not believe most of the crank poo poo but is happy to take their advertising money

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

John Romero posted:

Sorry I was talking about the opperman report. I get the sense that he does not believe most of the crank poo poo but is happy to take their advertising money

ah that makes more sense i was wondering what the hell you were parsing as ads

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i have a lot of affection for hardboiled PIs and snappy patter so i'm a big fan of opperman report. the ads for crank products feel like part of the aesthetic somehow? idk. i like how he has such a variety of guests on.

i thought it was a really interesting interview he did w the true crime author.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

What NES video game was the music from on the second transition of the latest episode. My brain swore I recognized it but I can’t place it. Also gently caress fintech and finance sector in general

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
i like brace, but i feel like i was impatiently waiting him to stfu so i could listen to liz explain exactly how absurd fintech is

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

crepeface posted:

i like brace, but i feel like i was impatiently waiting him to stfu so i could listen to liz explain exactly how absurd fintech is

I can see that, although I felt he helped it all not get frustratingly dense and made it easier to pay attention

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah i didn't realize liz was gonna start reading poo poo off her bloomberg terminal. him being dumb helped me catch my breath

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

HashtagGirlboss posted:

What NES video game was the music from on the second transition of the latest episode. My brain swore I recognized it but I can’t place it. Also gently caress fintech and finance sector in general

it was an edit/remix/whatever of the succession theme

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it was an edit/remix/whatever of the succession theme

Ah. drat. Apparently I'm bad at recognizing music. Well thanks. For some reason it was setting off Castlevania rip-off platformer vibes in my brain

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

It's an important balance. Too little Brace is dense and dry, too little Liz is manic and wandering

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

some plague rats posted:

It's an important balance. Too little Brace is dense and dry, too little Liz is manic and wandering

I honestly think its the opposite way. :confused:

They both play off each other really well though.

Also listen to ALAB

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Catching up on the Finkelstein episodes now. Norm is a legend.

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

Seams posted:

His gently caress lawyers rant was really something. He’s a national treasure.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Seams posted:

just came.here to post this exact same thing, what a champ.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Do 138: OC 80 is really loving dark episode and hits extremely close to home and it’s very good and it actually makes me feel bad for Florida

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Crypto ep is extremely good, confoundingly I like the ones where they don't have a properly in depth knowledge and they're free to ramble and gently caress about and get wound up by how much they hate it, it's a nice change from the soul-grinding details of something hideous

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Honestly the idea that Jeffrey Epstein dying took out a substantial % the world’s Bitcoin because no one has access to his wallet now is extremely funny

also this episode had a really eye-opening gotcha moment when Liz was like “yeah there’s a reason we have literally never heard a single news story about what the energy concerns of Google or YouTube’s server farms are or their insane consumption of resources, and you never fuckin’ will”

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Newest ep is a 3+ hour dive into the Mandalay Bay hotel shootings w/ Felix from Chapo :unsmigghh:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Seams posted:

Newest ep is a 3+ hour dive into the Mandalay Bay hotel shootings w/ Felix from Chapo :unsmigghh:

Thought you were kidding but you aren't :getin:
I'm going to guess they get sidetracked for half of it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this is incredible

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Seams posted:

sounds like an absolute banger. cant wait

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Dropped on a day I have a ton of podcast friendly work to do hell yes

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

this is a real melt-your-brain episode and it's very very good

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I have podcast friendly work tomorrow, so nobody spoil it I haven't figured out if that guy did it

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The gun running explanation always made the most sense to me

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I can already tell this is gonna be an episode I listen to like 5 times

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Danger posted:

The gun running explanation always made the most sense to me

The being a weird loner who was losing more than he gained and went out in a mass casualty suicide event like the vast majority of mass shooters always made the most sense to me.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Groovelord Neato posted:

The being a weird loner who was losing more than he gained and went out in a mass casualty suicide event like the vast majority of mass shooters always made the most sense to me.

Yeah but that doesn’t really explain why he started setting it up a month in advance.

The part that keeps haunting me is the way he called in a noise complaint on his downstairs neighbors the night before becoming one of the greatest monsters in American History. He’s like the anime final boss of Boomer Karens

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Adam Lanza had spreadsheets of mass shooting events categorized and printed out long before he did what he did.

Felix has a tweet that resonated with me about how if Rotten Library was still around they'd have a great write up about Paddock.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMMy-0JeFtY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPZFN6VFFow

Hidden Truth w/ Jim Breslow: Vegas Shooter
BEWARE This guy Jim Breslow is just a racist COVID truther further down the line in his other work but he's the only known interviewer of Bruce Paddock, so I recommend only listening to Episode 5 for the interview and maybe not giving him more clicks then that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7ttWB9fNSM&t=22s

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Mar 26, 2021

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah but that doesn’t really explain why he started setting it up a month in advance.

The part that keeps haunting me is the way he called in a noise complaint on his downstairs neighbors the night before becoming one of the greatest monsters in American History. He’s like the anime final boss of Boomer Karens

And they mention it in the podcast but he was just playing video poker. He wasn’t doing high stakes gambling or anything.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
I love the combination of bump stocks for high cyclic rates AND high accuracy. never used a bump stock but i've wasted some $$ bump firing an AK, and while hilarious, it's all over the goddamn place. I would expect any 5.56 platform to be more manageable with a bumpstock, but still not great. That detail, plus their claim of no optics is very strange to me. I don't have a good feeling for how dense the crowd was - maybe for most of the shooting he was just floating rounds in the direction of the concert?

I've done some shooting comps with professional shooters, and watched them put dinner plate groups at 500m with iron sights and it was very impressive. these folks practice a lot and are accomplished, other than the gun sales paddock doesn't sound like an expert marksman or someone with significant firearms experience.

also - love to see our favorite ZA outfit, executive outcomes, show up. only a matter of time, i guess!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Delta-Wye posted:

I love the combination of bump stocks for high cyclic rates AND high accuracy. never used a bump stock but i've wasted some $$ bump firing an AK, and while hilarious, it's all over the goddamn place. I would expect any 5.56 platform to be more manageable with a bumpstock, but still not great. That detail, plus their claim of no optics is very strange to me. I don't have a good feeling for how dense the crowd was - maybe for most of the shooting he was just floating rounds in the direction of the concert?

I've done some shooting comps with professional shooters, and watched them put dinner plate groups at 500m with iron sights and it was very impressive. these folks practice a lot and are accomplished, other than the gun sales paddock doesn't sound like an expert marksman or someone with significant firearms experience.

also - love to see our favorite ZA outfit, executive outcomes, show up. only a matter of time, i guess!

From what I recall from the videos it was a proper killing field, the crowd was extremely dense and had essentially nowhere to take cover or escape. The lack of iron sights on some of the guns wouldn't hamper their effectiveness within that context imo, especially if he started out with them where just pointing the gun in the general direction of the crowd would be sufficient.

He didn't have to be a crack shot to get those results.