Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Love these for Ben Wheatley's new joint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
In The Evrth

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TAKE THE T4IP

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I like the idea but the posters make me giggle

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

fatherboxx posted:

Eastwood may still make movies at 90 but im sure Trejo will still have 15-20 credited roles yearly when he hits that age

Trejo famously accepts almost every role he’s offered. I remember an interview where he said he’s more than happy to help burgeoning filmmakers and also appreciates how he got a second chance after serving time.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Love these for Ben Wheatley's new joint
I hope those are perforated and double as cheap Halloween masks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

galagazombie posted:

I like that a third of those characters are all named "Muerte".

Odds are good that they're all meant to be the same character, same as Coffin Joe in Brazilian horror movies.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

fatherboxx posted:

Eastwood may still make movies at 90 but im sure Trejo will still have 15-20 credited roles yearly when he hits that age

Neither have anything on James Hong, who is 91 and still did 10 episodes of a Gremlins TV series this year.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

MacheteZombie posted:

I like the idea but the posters make me giggle

Same lol

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status/1375221388185726979?s=21

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This movie is actually loving insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymRsPOaScDU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I didn’t realize King Shark was only created recently, I thought Erik Larsen was parodying the character with his version named Mako, but Mako was created in like ‘82 and King Shark wasn’t created til like ‘94.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I will never learn my lesson, therefore I am very excited for this.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Inzombiac posted:

I will never learn my lesson, therefore I am very excited for this.

It's by James Gunn, who has a good track record even with comic book movies, there have been no horror stories about producer meddling or reshoots, and it's a Suicide Squad movie with enough characters that they can actually kill some of them.

There's good reason to be excited, imo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I actually like it

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gripweed posted:

It's by James Gunn, who has a good track record even with comic book movies, there have been no horror stories about producer meddling or reshoots, and it's a Suicide Squad movie with enough characters that they can actually kill some of them.

There's good reason to be excited, imo

Oh I know, I've just been excited for comic movies before and so many of them end up being... fine, I guess.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1375267880074420227?s=20

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

I want to ride the dinosaur ride at the end. It looks legit amazing

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I rented and watched Clifford a lot when I was a kid, loved that movie (mostly because of Martin Short). I think it's just a movie that's undeservedly gained a reputation as being "bad" because of that loving awful poster art and lame tagline. I really believe that poster single-handedly ruined that movie's chances of ever being anything but a joke, because you see that terrifying dead-eyed Martin Short and tiny-armed Charles Grodin in a gray void with a floating house and you just go "nope, not watching that poo poo". Then you learn what it's actually about or watch a trailer and it just looks like a fake movie, like it can't be real, and never give it a chance.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

🎵 I'm blue
Yeah I'm a blue Shrek, guy
Step a foot in my swamp
And you're gonna die 🎵
When I saw it as a kid I kept expecting Martin Short to turn into a big red dog.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That video made it seem charming. I think the fact it sat on a shelf for 4 years adds to the "mystique".

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Isn't a bit weird to release the new poster 2 days after a film premieres?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

~Coxy posted:

Not with digital releases. The week leading to the release is the most important time for it because you need to keep it in everyone's face.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

~Coxy posted:

Didn’t it get pushed back?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yeah, GvK is on 31st.

More Suicide Squad.
https://twitter.com/heroichollywood/status/1375464115720830977?s=19

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
I love how Polka Dot Man looks even goofier than he did in the comics.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

The MSJ posted:

Yeah, GvK is on 31st.

Amazing; we got to see a film first for once.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I love that poster, and the trailer... looks like a James Gunn movie. It'll be way better than the previous attempt, for sure.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm glad that Margot Robbie got to stick with the character instead of the studio salting the earth.

She does a great job with it and BOP kicked a ton of rear end.

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010
Good time to mention that the recent (in the last few years) Harley Quinn animated series is really good, cast is amazing too. Clayface and King Shark in it are amazing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/jacob__posts/status/1375600829839867916?s=20

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
"I don't know, have the intern come up with something."

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Saw that first out of the corner of my eye and thought it was Homelander.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

That looks an awful lot like one of those slip covers they put over a bunch of different movies to make them all look the same on the shelf.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Splint Chesthair posted:

That looks an awful lot like one of those slip covers they put over a bunch of different movies to make them all look the same on the shelf.

Yeah could be quirky Crime MOvie collection.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
I hope Suicide Squad becomes a James Bond esque never ending series where the only way to differentiate entries is the extra word before Suicide Squad.
The Suicide Squad
A Suicide Squad
What Suicide Squad?
Our Suicide Squad
Next Suicide Squad
drat Suicide Squad
Sweet Suicide Squad

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Splint Chesthair posted:

I think it’s an entry into the ‘how Bond can we make the actor look before we get a letter from the Brocolli’s?’ competition.

Vs

There’s a Brosnan poster for something that’s even more blatant, maybe the Thomas Crown Affair?

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Total Meatlove posted:

I think it’s an entry into the ‘how Bond can we make the actor look before we get a letter from the Brocolli’s?’ competition.

Vs

Well it worked, because Barbara Broccoli saw scenes like this and put Craig on the shortlist. The screenplay even describes XXXX as holding the gun like Bond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bVbzxFSWL8

Ironically it was Matthew Vaughn who really wanted to be part of the Bond reboot. Craig was indifferent to the franchise until they showed him the script.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Layer Cake is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

goodog posted:

Well it worked, because Barbara Broccoli saw scenes like this and put Craig on the shortlist. The screenplay even describes XXXX as holding the gun like Bond.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bVbzxFSWL8

Ironically it was Matthew Vaughn who really wanted to be part of the Bond reboot. Craig was indifferent to the franchise until they showed him the script.

The scene worked, but the poster change is only to try and catch people after the fact.