Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
the ps app on ios is marginally faster but sony digital store is a gently caress across the board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm gonna go home today and play some Fallout 4 survival with my very evil character.

Stupid thing I noticed: if you just disregard Hatman Radiantquest in Concord, the second wave of raiders never spawns outside and the death claw doesn't come out. GAME DESING

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

the ps app on ios is marginally faster but sony digital store is a gently caress across the board
BORN TO GAME
XBOX IS A gently caress
I am Sony Store
410,757,864,530 DOWNLOADED GAMES

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
tbh the ps4 is such a miserable slog at digital i’m not buying another one

maybe when it’s the size of the apple tv and just streams sony games it’ll finally not be garbage but

also i know the xbox does it too but having icons advertising poo poo i don’t want forced onto me is something i find infuriating

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I'm gonna go home today and play some Fallout 4 survival with my very evil character.

Stupid thing I noticed: if you just disregard Hatman Radiantquest in Concord, the second wave of raiders never spawns outside and the death claw doesn't come out. GAME DESING
i have gone through the game never going to concord ever and it's a good way to go lol

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

tbh the ps4 is such a miserable slog at digital i’m not buying another one

maybe when it’s the size of the apple tv and just streams sony games it’ll finally not be garbage but

also i know the xbox does it too but having icons advertising poo poo i don’t want forced onto me is something i find infuriating
what is nonchalantly waiting on a ps5 pro, but waiting for literally any ps5 to be available gently caress gently caress, persisting?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

i have gone through the game never going to concord ever and it's a good way to go lol

I just went in to grab the bobble head.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

what is nonchalantly waiting on a ps5 pro, but waiting for literally any ps5 to be available gently caress gently caress, persisting?

i’m having difficulty parsing this post but i mean to say i thought that the ps4 was such a terrible shitshow of a ux disaster that it completely soured me on the playstation brand

if you explicitly buy games on od they’re sort of fine (especially if you don’t do any online play interaction) and otherwise they aren’t

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

i’m having difficulty parsing this post but i mean to say i thought that the ps4 was such a terrible shitshow of a ux disaster that it completely soured me on the playstation brand

if you explicitly buy games on od they’re sort of fine (especially if you don’t do any online play interaction) and otherwise they aren’t
i'm saying (for the time being) when it comes to being bearish on the ps5 you're basically doing the exact same as people who are bullish on it because there are none lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

i'm saying (for the time being) when it comes to being bearish on the ps5 you're basically doing the exact same as people who are bullish on it because there are none lol

i see

anyway i’m content to just miss out on sony exclusives i guess

i am tempted by the idea of a slightly more powerful switch though since we never bought one

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i only bought a switch so my gf could play animal crossing instead of doomscrolling twitter but it’s been a super pro purchase for both of us

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

i have no shame when i say that i can play mario games basically all day long; this would be a driving force behind any acquisition

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I bought a switch for my son at Christmas and between me playing Zelda games and my wife playing animal crossing he almost never uses it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mediaphage posted:

i have no shame when i say that i can play mario games basically all day long; this would be a driving force behind any acquisition

My favourite Mario game memory is a guy who always turned bright purple when playing some Mario game on a Nintendo Super Nintendo Entertainment System home computer system.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

The Fool posted:

I bought a switch for my son at Christmas and between me playing Zelda games and my wife playing animal crossing he almost never uses it.

"dad can i have a turn?"

"what? go play outside or something."

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

finally actually getting into morrowind after trying to start it dozens of times in the past

those first few hours where you're stuck flailing a dagger at a rat and still dying genuinely suck but i'm finally past that and it's getting much better

openMW is great though, it always sucked to be stuck with standard 4:3 resolutions

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

just play skyrim op

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
oblivion is the best elder scrolls game. it's actually playable (unlike morrowind) and the environment comes in colors other than white and brown (unlike skyrim)

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

last couple times I thought about replaying Skyrim I got stuck in mod hell and uninstalled it without actually playing it

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i've played both to death, morrowind is the only one i haven't (not even going to touch the older es games lol)

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

carry on then posted:

finally actually getting into morrowind after trying to start it dozens of times in the past

those first few hours where you're stuck flailing a dagger at a rat and still dying genuinely suck but i'm finally past that and it's getting much better

openMW is great though, it always sucked to be stuck with standard 4:3 resolutions

i did the same thing maybe a year ago. i think i ended up installing a gathering mod that let you pick ingredients like in skyrim (so instead of them being containers you harvest them with the use button and the plant changes to look harvested). definitely recommended if you wanted to do alchemy stuff. that and i think some older versions of openMW didn't support shadows, so make sure you've got a recent enough version to get those. i think the newest releases do support it, but at the time i had to download one of the nightly builds.

after i beat the game i went on a crusade to free all the slaves and murder all the slavers. you can free almost all of them, but some of them you have to get them to follow you with console commands (or spells) and free them in different zones. the keys only work in the specific cells they're assigned to, but they'll work for anyone in that cell, regardless of where they came from.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

which of these PS4 games should I get? Subnautica for sure after all the chat in this thread, and I’ve at least heard of the witness so I grabbed that. anything else?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

yippee cahier posted:

which of these PS4 games should I get? Subnautica for sure after all the chat in this thread, and I’ve at least heard of the witness so I grabbed that. anything else?

abzu is also a good underwater game but it's more of an exploration and walking sim

rez is rez and the new area is pretty cool

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

abzu is good enough if you've smoked big doinks in amish beforehand. otherwise it's journey under the sea minus secretly other players

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

yippee cahier posted:

Get really high and play Abzu, Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty good too.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

abzu is good enough if you've smoked big doinks in amish beforehand. otherwise it's journey under the sea minus secretly other players

You don't know if that Hammerhead Shark was another player

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

You don't know if that Hammerhead Shark was another player
it's true. too doinked to say for sure

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
smoke weed and play abzu

drop acid and play rez

do pcp and play thumper

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Drink some nice milk and play Dice Wars.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

finished ace combat 7 the other day, abzu last night. want to wrap hotline miami 2 but the soldier levels are a gently caress

otoh subnautica finally

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm playing subnautica again but this time I installed some mods that let you put 12 upgrades on the seamoth instead of just 4, and two of them are the prawn suit arms :jeb:

It's pretty great

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
buhh i really want more subnautica but i've already played through twice and the new one sounds lackluster

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

haveblue posted:

smoke weed and play abzu

drop acid and play rez

do pcp and play thumper

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
pcp? in this economy?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol I'm watching MATN's 'Survival' FO4 playthrough and he's just finished the Far Harbor DLC by siding with the angry 'humans first' town bigot and killed all the other factions on the island. The DLC was published May 19 2016 while TRUMP was busy trying to get hisself elected and

:hmmyes:

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
Subnautica is pretty good, it turns out. Despite Unity having the worst VR implementation of all the modern game engines, Subnautica VR is very relaxing right up until it gives me a headache after about 4 hours of play time. Well, except for all the terrifying parts where the giant things eat you.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Roosevelt posted:

"dad can i have a turn?"

"what? go play outside or something."

big game memories of my dad playing super mario on the nintendo he bought for us :3:

i'm pretty sure my mom woke us up to watch him beat the game which is a bit lol and a bit cool

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Mar 27, 2021

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com

Roosevelt posted:

"hey son you want a turn?"

"what? no I'm making a tiktok"

"When I was your age I used to spend all day playing mario"

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

TimWinter posted:

Subnautica is pretty good, it turns out. Despite Unity having the worst VR implementation of all the modern game engines, Subnautica VR is very relaxing right up until it gives me a headache after about 4 hours of play time. Well, except for all the terrifying parts where the giant things eat you.

get a headband and put a (new, just bought) rabbit vibrator by your inner ear, will easy extend the time to 7 hours if you want it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/foone/status/1375726129856667650?s=21