Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Crosspost from the comic strip thread, because apparently Lynn Johnston, creator of the For Better or for Worse comic, is basically an Episode 1 character. From an article about her:

quote:

Not that her ex-husband would have behaved that way, she hastens to point out, but still, she likes the simplicity of single life, the ease of "sink dinners".

"You stand over the sink and eat dinner. You eat a hard-boiled egg, a handful of lettuce and hey, there's no dishes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

that’s what’s up

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Dude excellence

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

ElectricWizard posted:

Charles is an incredible writer. “Air Dad”, which tells the moving story of a middle aged man playing in an all-dog basketball league, should be made into a movie.

Air dad was one of the funniest things ever. That and the three Bidens are some of the most joy I’ve ever gotten from a podcast. If the latest one is similar to air dad I can’t wait.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I don't want to spoil anything but you might say it 'goes even further beyond' Air Dad ;-)

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!
The late game pivot to a DBZ drinking contest was great

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
I'm from St. Louis and can confirm the accuracy and authenticity of this depiction.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

plz take me to the secret underground arches.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
It reminded me a lot of Brett Gelman
https://youtu.be/oOKCe7Ty4FI?t=343

PerilPastry fucked around with this message at 12:42 on Feb 14, 2021

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jestery posted:

Walt ranting and the straight man dealing with it takes me right back to working in retail and being accosted by an old guy who just wants to tell me how old Hanna Barbera cartoons are hippie drug propaganda that he's super into

sitting on the phone at the call center listening to an old man describe how Popular Mechanics is a CIA front and that the government brainwashes you through magazines

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Victory Position posted:

sitting on the phone at the call center listening to an old man describe how Popular Mechanics is a CIA front and that the government brainwashes you through magazines

Reminds me of my co-worker who had stories about how he used to work with Lady Gaga and once saw her freak out because a fortune teller told her she could have stopped the Haitian earthquake, helped write Nick And Nora's Infinite Playlist by going into a vault under Kansas City to find an unpublished book to pretend the script was based on, and is considered "one of P-Funk's white family members".

Throb Robinson
Feb 8, 2010

He would enjoy administering the single antidote to Leia. He would enjoy it very much indeed..
War_of_the_weeds had me crying

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Throb Robinson posted:

War_of_the_weeds had me crying

the part where they are obviously just googling weed themed parodies of brands had me dying

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The return of Dr Yinz! Hopefully Sam Elliot, too.

https://twitter.com/e1podcast/status/1367536369111871490?s=21

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
cumming

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I love you can just hear the smirk in his voice in every episode he's in

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1367540983416590338?s=20

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-

Been seeing this on twitter all day and laughing about the numerous E1 characters who would be absolutely livid

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think one of my favorite bits is video game stuff existing. Screwing with your ping, clipping, turning into a cat boy on your new game + spawn.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I think about the "what's final fantasy tactics?" bit in Wine Moms a lot

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Consummate Professional posted:

I think one of my favorite bits is video game stuff existing. Screwing with your ping, clipping, turning into a cat boy on your new game + spawn.

'you appear to be clipping through your chair' from the neighborhood association episode is a joke that lives in my brain forever

coathat
May 21, 2007

Charles needs your money

https://twitter.com/charlesraustin/status/1367880134288670724?s=20

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I still want to know if you feel excruciating pain if you clip into a floor or a wall

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Can’t believe they got Sam Elliot back on the show! :aaa:

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah I know a little bit of Akaviri

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

I'm glad they are nerfing Catholics. I'm still mad at the changes they made in patch 1.0325: Council of Nicaea but this makes up for it a bit.

fairlight
May 18, 2007

How I dream to take a selfie with the dodobird

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Eat a dick unicycle boy!

fairlight posted:

How I dream to take a selfie with the dodobird

That doh dobird?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Andrew was really good on the comedians in cars getting coffee episode. it was a slow burn, but his final line killed me.

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012
man, Charles' music gets worse the less ironic it gets, huh?

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008

PerilPastry posted:

man, Charles' music gets worse the less ironic it gets, huh?

I would describe it as if Morrissey did shoegaze

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Ugh, it hurts me to say it but they've got to start laying off the Charles scripted episodes, there's only so much NPC dialogue I can stomach before it starts getting too much

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Schwza posted:

They're capable of bangers like French Stewart and Branson's rendition of Imagine Dragons/Star-Spangled Banner
and THAT'S the stuff they lean into, smh

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Schwza posted:

my partner really likes the new charles music for exactly this reason lol

watho
Aug 2, 2013

i didn’t vibe with solipse at first but it’s grown on me for sure

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Spring Break Summer is the best E1 song.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

WrightOfWay posted:

Spring Break Summer is the best E1 song.

i have a soft spot for seasonal depression candle and miami is a genuine loving banger but spring break summer is just incredible and it constantly gets stuck in my head

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Solipse is fine.

psychofishhead
Oct 30, 2010

I like charles' serious music enough but it feels a little generic to me. Like I'm pretty sure I've listened to at least 50 other groups before solipse that are trying to do the same thing they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
the villain Joel has a separate dnd podcast. branson is dm on like six episodes. I haven't listened to any yet though.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/SBmrF