Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
mimi and mamaw respectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

hawowanlawow posted:

apologies for the ebaumsworld link, but it's still the only place I can find this classic video absolutely STEEPED in americana

https://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/copenhagen-kid/82012395/

I watch this every few years and can pretty much quote the whole thing

me, I'm from north bunkham

This reminded me that I used to buy beef jerky "dip" as a kid. Lol

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

No self-respecting southerner has a "grandma"

Now a "mee-maw", maybe.

"Granny" is also acceptable.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

CaptainBeefart posted:

This reminded me that I used to buy beef jerky "dip" as a kid. Lol

there's also chewing gum. man size wads.

but times change and you must change alongside them.

made in the USA. some things never change.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

uber_stoat posted:

there's also chewing gum. man size wads.

but times change and you must change alongside them.

made in the USA. some things never change.

Man size wads lol. I was a big fan of the purple flavor.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
BLC owned. Just shove the whole wad in your face.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Ma誕m maw.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the strawberry poo poo is good but only the original flavor lasts forever in your mouth

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

this belongs here also

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

spookykid posted:

e: or would it be like kraft easy-mac and you just add water up to the line stir, and throw in the microwave for 3 minutes? Also speaking of easy-mac bowls, that is some true Americana peak "gently caress this, I'm too tired right now" food.

Sorry I meant anally ingest. drat autocorrect.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012
Finally escaped Alabama. Made it back home to Texas. It's nice to be back in the land of sanity and familiarity and -

- gently caress I'll never escape

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Today I saw a guy on a motorcycle with a sidecar and an extremely elaborate harness system that allowed his German Shepard to sit in it.

The dog even had a special helmet on. It was pretty great

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Play posted:

Today I saw a guy on a motorcycle with a sidecar and an extremely elaborate harness system that allowed his German Shepard to sit in it.

That's adorable.

My uncle's classic Harley had a sidecar, but I rarely see them, at least in the PNW. Was fun riding in that as a kid with him.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Play posted:

That is great. Did puppet have his Doggles on?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
An extremely elaborate harness so a dog can sit in a seat? That's Americana right there.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Like please be safe and don't take a photo while you drive but I neeeed to see a dog in a sidecar. NEED.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Tex Avery posted:

Finally escaped Alabama. Made it back home to Texas. It's nice to be back in the land of sanity and familiarity and -

:chloe:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We all invent our own normal.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Dog in a sidecar I know, I know. It's serious.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Tex Avery posted:

well jesus loving christ you thought you'd find sanity in texas how bright can you be

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Perhaps the worst false premise of all time?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
well you know the saying, everything's saner in texas

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

well jesus loving christ you thought you'd find sanity in texas how bright can you be

He's comparing it to Alabama, so really we're grading on a curve here.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Tex Avery posted:

Does anyone know how much these loving giant tailgate wrap things cost? I swear every time I see one it's some stupid poo poo like this or "ASK A REAL FORKLIFT OPERATOR"-pseudo tough guy pablum, and I always wonder how many hundreds of dollars they've spent to advertise to everyone how much you do not want to associate with them.

I feel the same way about huge, full-rear-window things that say, "GEORGE COSTANZA 1971-1999 GONE TOO SOON OUR PRECIOUS ANGEL WE AWAIT OUR TIME IN HEAVEN WITH YOU" and that sort of, uh, whatever that is.

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

JonathonSpectre posted:

Does anyone know how much these loving giant tailgate wrap things cost? I swear every time I see one it's some stupid poo poo like this or "ASK A REAL FORKLIFT OPERATOR"-pseudo tough guy pablum, and I always wonder how many hundreds of dollars they've spent to advertise to everyone how much you do not want to associate with them.

I feel the same way about huge, full-rear-window things that say, "GEORGE COSTANZA 1971-1999 GONE TOO SOON OUR PRECIOUS ANGEL WE AWAIT OUR TIME IN HEAVEN WITH YOU" and that sort of, uh, whatever that is.

I can happily say I have no idea, but I'd guess yeah, a couple hundred?

the deceased decal thing though, that's interesting. having lived among these people, if you questioned why they had it, they would not be able to comprehend why there was anything weird about it. like, the fundamental question doesn't exist; it's just what's done for them. you'd be the rear end in a top hat for questioning it. promise.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
lol at george costanza

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Hell yes takin my dog to the golden corral

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Milo and POTUS posted:

lol at george costanza

Yeah a gigantic homage to George costanza on your truck would be amazing.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Around here, it seems that all the "in loving memory of" stickers on the backs of trucks, and beat rear end Pontiac Gran Ams and poo poo are for people named "Cody".
Seriously, don't name your kids Cody. The life expectancy of someone named Cody seems to be about 22 or so.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I drive an F-150.
I now feel the need to get something like this....

as a tailgate wrap.

e: they look to cost about $75-150 depending. That's actually not bad, I was expecting way more than that

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 27, 2021

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

George is getting a wrap!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

boar guy posted:

this belongs here also

It's like you have transported me back to my childhood summers at the lake. I'm crying.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Do they have a chili cheese flavored pneumatic cheese to pair better with the Fritos?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

JonathonSpectre posted:

I always wanted to get one that said Abraham Lincoln or John Brown Gone Too Soon We Will Miss You or something just to mess with people but way too much prep work involved for what would most likely result in a smashed windshield.

Tex Avery
Feb 13, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

:thejoke:

I'm dumb enough to choose to work for a railroad. I can't be that bright.

In all seriousness, I know Texas is a wasteland of stupidity. I just got excited about going home because I associate Texas with the people I usually hang out and work with, who are good people. I'm definitely not staying here forever because I can't handle this poo poo for 20+ years.

EDIT: another fine slice of Americana is that I took that photo while my wife was driving 2½ hours up to the Choctaw nation to get her vaccine because our county government is so far behind that she might get her first dose in May if she waited. We're both extremely grateful to the Choctaw for opening up their arms to anyone who wanted to go up to them and for having their poo poo together so well that she was in and out in half an hour.

Tex Avery fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 27, 2021

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

テ青「テ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク,
テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セ テ堕づ堕テ青ク テ青ソテ青セテ青サテ青セテ堕テ青コテ青ク

Big Beef City posted:

No, it's not actually, there are major entries from around the globe. It's held in Madison because the University of Wisconsin has one of if not THE premier dairy science departments on Earth.

I been there, poo poo rocks. Also a lot of people don't get how much wisconsin is into cheese.
You'll be at a blue collar working man's bar after work and over hear like "ey, any you guys want some aged cheddar?"And u think it's a drug deal but no. Dude was just up north visiting his folks and grabbed some premium home made aged cheddar and is selling it at the bar. I'll give another example. Gas stations have about as much cheese selection as grocery stores anywhere else. And actual grocery stores have sometimes multiple full length cheese isles and a separate gourmet cheese section usually near the delly.

Growing up there I thought it was normal until I moved out of state and realized how cheese starved the real world is.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

That's no exaggeration.

Think of your normal 'large' grocery store.
Mine has 1.5 full aisles of just cheese.
Then, as mentioned, as an aside to the deli, about a 1/2 aisle or more wrap around island of 'the good stuff'. Artisan local and imported high end stuff.

At my closest rural gas station I can get cheeses and fresh cheese curds made daily from local cheese factories and dairies set right in the middle of the store next to the racks of beef jerky and stuff.

Which is why when people say 'Americans don't have poo poo for cheese' I do a little chest clutching (well that and the heart attacks)

... There's a reason green bay packer fans wear giant wedges of cheese on their heads to games and are known as 'cheeseheads'

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Preoptopus posted:

I been there, poo poo rocks. Also a lot of people don't get how much wisconsin is into cheese.
You'll be at a blue collar working man's bar after work and over hear like "ey, any you guys want some aged cheddar?"And u think it's a drug deal but no. Dude was just up north visiting his folks and grabbed some premium home made aged cheddar and is selling it at the bar. I'll give another example. Gas stations have about as much cheese selection as grocery stores anywhere else. And actual grocery stores have sometimes multiple full length cheese isles and a separate gourmet cheese section usually near the delly.

Growing up there I thought it was normal until I moved out of state and realized how cheese starved the real world is.

I want to visit this wonderland

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Not Americana.jpg but America.txt

Was browsing Facebook and a suggested friend was a girl I knew in high school. I had a HUGE crush on her but ever asked her out because she was a UK fan and all my family were U of L fans. I know for fact I'm not the only one who has had to consider that when seeking a date.

Big Beef City posted:

That's no exaggeration.

I took my :canada: wife to a Meijer as she'd never seen an American grocery store. "Why is half the store frozen foods, and why are two of those aisles only for pizza?", she asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Big Beef City posted:

That's no exaggeration.

Then, as mentioned, as an aside to the deli, about a 1/2 aisle or more wrap around island of 'the good stuff'. Artisan local and imported high end stuff.

At my closest rural gas station I can get cheeses and fresh cheese curds made daily from local cheese factories and dairies set right in the middle of the store next to the racks of beef jerky and stuff.

Which is why when people say 'Americans don't have poo poo for cheese' I do a little chest clutching (well that and the heart attacks)

... There's a reason green bay packer fans wear giant wedges of cheese on their heads to games and are known as 'cheeseheads'

"We have so much poo poo, just endless piles of it! this means we are really good at making the best poo poo" - yet another proof the American mindset makes making good cheese impossible.