Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

oh i know, license that nike patent so your guns can have babies and make weird hosed up mutant guns like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is the zip 22 the bitcoin of guns? Discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9bULArrKs4

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
so you have a place for a knife at the front of the gun but decide to not use it as a bayonet? brave choice

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Shame Boy posted:

right now my wife tells me magazines are selling for over $100

Was very confused at gun nuts buying print issues for a moment.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Boxturret posted:

so you have a place for a knife at the front of the gun but decide to not use it as a bayonet? brave choice

fixing a bayonet would just be silly

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

gschmidl posted:

Was very confused at gun nuts buying print issues for a moment.

Same, lmao

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

what you don't pay the $100 monthly subscription to GUN? are you even a real american?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Shame Boy posted:

oh i know, license that nike patent so your guns can have babies and make weird hosed up mutant guns like this

I'm the gun's balls

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

right now my wife tells me magazines are selling for over $100 because the gun market operates in a very bitcoinlike speculative bubble manner, except instead of speculating on future price you're speculating on right wing pissbaby fears that contrary to all past evidence the democrats might actually do something about a problem one of these days

i guess what i'm saying is i'm sure we'll be seeing gun nft's any time now because it absolutely fits

someone may try an nft for an art gun but firearms in the us and most other parts of the world are unlikely to be used as financial instruments at any but the smallest scale because of the high amount of existing regulation surrounding their interstate and international transfer and in some cases simple ownership making it hard to change owners of the most valuable items in anything faster than a few months.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Midjack posted:

someone may try an nft for an art gun but firearms in the us and most other parts of the world are unlikely to be used as financial instruments at any but the smallest scale because of the high amount of existing regulation surrounding their interstate and international transfer and in some cases simple ownership making it hard to change owners of the most valuable items in anything faster than a few months.

good thing nft's don't actually confer ownership then

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

wait a minute there's 7 blades on that gun all pointing the wrong way, this isn't a gun it's a bullet propelled rocket that stabs people, genius!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

good thing nft's don't actually confer ownership then

and that's why they probably won't try it - the grift will be too easy to detect.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Midjack posted:

and that's why they probably won't try it - the grift will be too easy to detect.

ehhh

ehhhhhh

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i think eløn mµsk real twitter man account blue checkmark might disagree with you about how sophisticated a grift needs to be for people not to fall for it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Boxturret posted:

wait a minute there's 7 blades on that gun all pointing the wrong way, this isn't a gun it's a bullet propelled rocket that stabs people, genius!

the cia is furiously scribbling down notes on this idea

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

i think eløn mµsk real twitter man account blue checkmark might disagree with you about how sophisticated a grift needs to be for people not to fall for it

i mean sure i guess there's dumbshits out there who still think you can buy a full auto uzi at any 7-11 in los angeles but i feel like the people trying to sell gunfts are going to end up with a lot of buyers actually wanting metal in their hands and will be in the dilemma of either committing a big boy felony in a rather public fashion, or admitting that the nft doesn't mean ownership in a similar public fashion when the atf comes asking if they sold a gun across state lines without doing it right. there are some transfers in which they don't get the feds on their case (some intrastate, some long arms interstate, etc) but implying "you own this gun now" will get more official attention than implying "you own this tweet now" regardless of the truth of the claim.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Shame Boy posted:

didn't know there was a Resonance of Fate sequel in the works

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

looks like a boss from warning forever

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i just went ahead and googled "gun nft" and found this great post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/kyq3th/ethereum_gun_nft_that_comes_with_3d_file_to_be/

you're buying a nft pointing to a 3d model of a gun that could possibly be used in a hypothetical videogame in the future! the possibilities are endless!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm sure game developers are just clamoring to let players get in-game content from some random NFT for free instead of selling their own microtransactions!

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

imagine buying an electronic gun that you can use in fortnight, among us, and fall guys! this wonderful world brought to you by the power of the blockchain
!

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/kyq3th/ethereum_gun_nft_that_comes_with_3d_file_to_be/

you're buying a nft pointing to a 3d model of a gun that could possibly be used in a hypothetical videogame in the future! the possibilities are endless!

💀💀💀

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Juul-Whip posted:

💀💀💀

If you ask that question everything in the cryptosphere kinda unravels

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Shame Boy posted:

Massive Star Citizen vibes here.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

excellent

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i should mention the dude wants over $300 for it too lmao

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

they looked at all the various asset stores and thought what if that but with bitcoin and 300X as expensive and also on the blockchain and also i get all the money

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

right now my wife tells me magazines are selling for over $100

they're called clips, OP

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

3D Megadoodoo posted:

they're called clips, OP

when i want to annoy her i call them clips for an assault rifle 15, yes

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

they're called clips, OP

Renewing my subscription to the Soldier of Fortune clip.

(which apparently had its final issue in 2016)

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
big "created the wiki page, now it's basically done" energy from that reddit post

add a new gun to call of duty? just make the gun an NFT. done

what's that? the gun has to be modelled and programmed and given attributes that will allow the game to use it? not my problem i got my NFT money already sucker

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Blockchain will solve that problem, what don't you get??

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
decentralized game dev is basically the secret. someone will implement it if we all believe hard enough

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Gun NFTs are old news: https://www.kut.org/crime-justice/2019-11-20/despite-his-criminal-record-cody-wilson-is-back-in-the-3d-printed-gun-business

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i remember before the news broke that he was a pedo seeing this specific picture of him and his "team":

and just knowing at that point that within 5 years we'd find out that at least half of them are sex pests

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Hammerite posted:

big "created the wiki page, now it's basically done" energy from that reddit post

add a new gun to call of duty? just make the gun an NFT. done

what's that? the gun has to be modelled and programmed and given attributes that will allow the game to use it? not my problem i got my NFT money already sucker

look they made the model and the stock is a floating ether logo what more do you want for $300?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFvBCvCl4sk

lol TS is hella mad (as usual) :o:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

who