Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Khanstant posted:

reccomending valheim for any yobbers with a gameeryob buddy to play with. lovely co-op game, fight some monstersm, build some bases, sail w some friends - its chill

Valheim owns and it's the game I've been looking for to fill a particular gap that's existed for years.
I want to adventure but I don't want it to be stressful, and I want to build stuff but don't want to have to defend it from players because I also want to be able to quit playing at any time without having to worry about where I log out or whatever.

I can just pop in, kill a troll or farm a thing or sail somewhere or run around for a while and then stop playing whenever I want. It owns even in single player. It's such a pretty game with its weird mix of beautiful lighting and PS2 textures.

Also it's the best high game I have ever played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prof. Crocodile

I just bought Final Fantasy 9 for switch because I just realized that I never played it. Gonna see if I can still power through jrpgs.

nut

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I just bought Final Fantasy 9 for switch because I just realized that I never played it. Gonna see if I can still power through jrpgs.

it is so good

Bobby Deluxe

crumbs but pillars of eternity is scratching the icewind dale itch i had not realised i had

Prof. Crocodile

Bobby Deluxe posted:

crumbs but pillars of eternity is scratching the icewind dale itch i had not realised i had

poe is great. good replay value too.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Prof. Crocodile posted:

FF9 is my fave game of all time so I hope you enjoy it friendo :3:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

13 Sentinels is extremely anime and very good. Takes a while to complete just the tutorial, it has 13 main characters and it's a mashup of visual novels and mechwarrior games. The plot is just bonkers.

And it's a Vanillaware game so it looks gorgeous to boot.

It's gotten weirder story-wise, the combat has gotten a lot deeper and I'm really invested. Some events in the story are locked behind combat and some combat sections are locked behind story completion, which makes me wonder why you're given so much choice when it's going to be restricted later. I can see what they're going for but the execution may have benefited from being more linear

Khanstant
ekera! deadfire is on par with baldurs gate 2 for me except ive actually beaten deadfire without petering off before the end or just cheating to see the end slides

Joey McChrist

deadfire was amazing start to finish, its on my all-time best list

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
deadfire became good after they introduced turned based combat

fite me (roll for initiative)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Nosfereefer posted:

fite me (roll for initiative)

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Bobby Deluxe

i am playing poe1 on ps4 and have already achieved the rare double mercer

Finger Prince

I haven't played Control in a while, so I figured I'd play a little. Oh yeah that's why I haven't played in a while. It really starts getting annoying after a while. I ended up just turning on God mode and one shot kill so at least it's quicker to slog through.

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Finger Prince posted:

I haven't played Control in a while, so I figured I'd play a little. Oh yeah that's why I haven't played in a while. It really starts getting annoying after a while. I ended up just turning on God mode and one shot kill so at least it's quicker to slog through.

I stopped having fun with the combat too. The original game had no difficulty settings so that made things especially annoying.

Jolo

I've been trying to beat NES Castlevania in the Castlevania Collection and the stage with Death at the end is breaking me. The lead up to Death is so hard and then Death himself is so hard. I never played through this as a kid but if any of you made it past him you have my props. It's so so hard.

Jolo

Oh also Sony is giving away 10 PS4 games, available now:

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/17/play-at-home-2021-update-10-free-games-to-download-this-spring/

These don't require PlayStation Plus, just a PSN account to claim. I really liked The Witness, Thumper, and Enter the Gungeon.

Heather Papps

hello friend

hello try rogue legacy 2, or the first one even.

they updated 2 again recently so i'm playing again and the gunslinger class is a blast and the better dash makes everything easier. buy it, or don't! there are a lot of video games out there.

also have been playing gta5 online recently, for the first time, recently. today a stranger "hacked" or something and made my vehicle fling around rapidly before tossing me into the air and i tried a new session without that person. a strong reminder of why i don't like online gaming.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

more falafel please

forums poster

i played dota yesterday for the first time in a very long time

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

more falafel please posted:

i played dota yesterday for the first time in a very long time

Friends don't let friends play Dota :hai:

Jolo

Don'ta

Jolo

I beat Death!

Disclaimer: I got to Death legitimately without using save states but gave up and used them liberally to start at Death with full health. It still took me dozens of tries to succeed. You can die to his scythes even after killing him! It sucks!

Prof. Crocodile

Jolo posted:

I beat Death!

All hail Jolo, immortal and undying!

FutonForensic

thank you dark souls

never did a sorcery run before. got pretty fun melting bosses with soul spear towards the end

Jolo

Prof. Crocodile posted:

All hail Jolo, immortal and undying!

I beat Dracularr with excessive save states. I don't think kid Jolo would've beaten this and would've gotten yelled at by mom and dad for losing his temper.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
After dark soulsing for a bit now, I have discovered that I do not lose my temper at games anymore; I merely open my eyes very wide in shock after the "incident" has occured, put down the controller very carefully and say "well, fine then" and look for something good to drink.

fps_nug

horsing around no longer

Heather Papps posted:

hello try rogue legacy 2, or the first one even.

they updated 2 again recently so i'm playing again and the gunslinger class is a blast and the better dash makes everything easier. buy it, or don't! there are a lot of video games out there.

also have been playing gta5 online recently, for the first time, recently. today a stranger "hacked" or something and made my vehicle fling around rapidly before tossing me into the air and i tried a new session without that person. a strong reminder of why i don't like online gaming.

rockstar online games are so gosh darn awful for hackers they're not even worth playing online sadly

thanks 2 balls dildo

biosterous

RickRogers posted:

After dark soulsing for a bit now, I have discovered that I do not lose my temper at games anymore; I merely open my eyes very wide in shock after the "incident" has occured, put down the controller very carefully and say "well, fine then" and look for something good to drink.

the way i got over getting mad at video games was by forcing myself to say "i'm mad about video games" whenever i was, which would make me feel silly and embarrassed. eventually i stopped getting mad!

still get frustrated, though, but that's different and doesn't lead to problems or feeling bad after i stop playing

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Bobby Deluxe

i tend to imagine i am at a playtesting session and i turn to the imaginary developer and very firmly explain to them, as if i am a consultant sent to fix their game, why what just happened is bullshit

Jolo

biosterous posted:

the way i got over getting mad at video games was by forcing myself to say "i'm mad about video games" whenever i was, which would make me feel silly and embarrassed. eventually i stopped getting mad!

still get frustrated, though, but that's different and doesn't lead to problems or feeling bad after i stop playing

I should try this because I've been getting mad about them for decades and it's embarrassing. I get frustrated and into a mood where even little things make me irrationally more upset. It's dumb but I have a hard time avoiding it. I've started to say aloud "alright 3 more tries" and then doing something else after 3 deaths. The best thing I can do is just stop completely.

Which is extra annoying when there's a leadup to the boss or whatever that has to be redone. Then I think "oh, I don't wanna do the leadup to this fight again, I'll just keep dying to this boss and getting mad because this is really fun getting all mad"

Jolo

I've got a newborn and I'll often think, I hope she doesn't inherit my temper. Mom is much more patient. Hopefully she gets my tenacity but without the tantrums lol.

Finger Prince

Anyone want to be Pokémon friends? I got a bunch of gifts I need to give away for field research.

Finger Prince

I watched an interesting documentary on the history of the Neo Geo today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjCivnt5t50
drat now I want an arcade stick and MAME setup.

(this dude's channel has some cool docs on it)

Heather Papps

hello friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_iij12svL0
this is incredibly byob

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

itry

Yeah, her stuff's pretty funny. High effort on the papercraft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPb7wvWHTUE

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm playing subnautica for the first time. I built a sweet rear end base with glass walls near the edge of a sea cliff. thought I was pretty badass but then a gigantic sea monster randomly rose from the depths and i nearly poo poo myself. wish I took a screenshot, oh well. thanks for reading

nut

I’ve been playing it takes two with a friend and it’s very good thank you for reading I also appreciate that you only need one copy of the game thanks for reading that too

itry

The Klowner posted:

I'm playing subnautica for the first time. I built a sweet rear end base with glass walls near the edge of a sea cliff. thought I was pretty badass but then a gigantic sea monster randomly rose from the depths and i nearly poo poo myself. wish I took a screenshot, oh well. thanks for reading

That game is so atmospheric it's legit frightening without even trying.

There's a sequel called Subnautica: Below Zero, but I'm waiting for it to leave early-access before playing it or watching any gameplay.

Finger Prince

Is there a fishing mod for skyrim? I feel like there should be.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

Persona 5 strikers! Such a good one, all the visual flair of P5 but with the Dynasty Warrior style battle system. Took a while (and changing to easy for the first Jail) but I got the hang of it and it's an absolute jam. Love these characters so getting to hang out with them for 30+ more hours was a selling point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Finger Prince posted:

Is there a fishing mod for skyrim? I feel like there should be.

checked nexus and this came out yesterday. now there's Dwemer dynamite fishing too!

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/47618