Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
The awesome tower of power (cooling just a 3600. oi! Gotta grab a 5800X and a 3070/3080 on water one of these days)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
My main covid project has also been my first Raspberry Pi project: a camera for my bird feeder.

It’s still solidly an alpha, but it’s close to 1.0. Right now you have to baby it since it doesn’t have things like exposure adjustment, so I'm focused on getting stuff like that done for the “official” release. But after that, next on the list is fun stuff like adding machine learning to identify the bird. I've got a demo using tensor flow and a model someone's published, just need to figure out how best to integrate it with the camera.

HQ camera with the standard 16mm lens, and a case from Ardufruit that I paid someone to print for me. I have ideas for improving the case, but that's for later.

And some action shots. That last one was taken with an Arducam lens which requires a different camera calibration (thus the tint), but fortunately I have a lead on compensating for it.

Oh and the debug console that shows what's going on

Someone I showed it to expressed interest in making their own, so the repo and build instructions are newly published on github

Camera: https://github.com/jdpdev/birbcam
Web server/interface: https://github.com/jdpdev/birbserver

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

those are some good birds

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

That's super cool

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thanks SH and its flakey yet oddly charming sibling SC! It's been amazing to visit but the cpus are being packed up and the coolers are being stuffed awkwardly back into their boxes, it's moving time!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Welcome to gbs, thread! Enjoy your stay!

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
Good morning thread! My name is Lieutenant Dan and I have been spending my spare time making trippy dumb fun weed-induced music videos on the Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChQeVSS46XotA-8ZBLYVi5A

My day job requires a shitton of creative output but I never get to gently caress with moving pictures so at night I just sit around and chill out and produce Things To Get High To

(also hello I am greatly enjoying the Wonders Showcased so far in this thread)

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
What fun! :)

Even though I'm not Catholic, I challenged myself to do an hour of digital art a day for Lent, and so far I've stuck to it! I think I will even after Lent is over.

I've been doing :megaman: boss recreations recently, having finished up 3, 1, and currently working through 2. Some are... better than others. However, I'm really pleased with my latest one!

Anyway, thanks for this thread! If anyone's interested in my progression I'm happy to share my others. I also do a lot of YouTube tutorials as well to teach myself new skills and techniques.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I take wool and then stab it with a barbed needle until it looks like stuff

This one's my favourite, I want to do more stuff like this:

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

toe to tip, this one's a Bart!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

flavor.flv posted:

I take wool and then stab it with a barbed needle until it looks like stuff

These are incredible

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
What an amazing thread it took a while to look at everything and goons are absolutely more skillfully creative than the average group of people there is just no question. There are some really good entries that aren't empty quoted and that does not mean that your stuff isn't fantastic looking. It's rather that there is just so much from so many different people. :love:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

sebmojo posted:

These are incredible

Thank you! If you would like to learn more, there's a needle felting thread that nobody's posted in in years:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785620&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

I did a papier mache duck feeder goose as a course project:

https://imgur.com/btY6fl6.mp4
You put seeds in its butt and then it spits them out. The ducks hate it with passion.

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

mofolotopo posted:

Oh, this is timely! I just put out my first real full album in years, literally posted it on Bandcamp today.

It's called Evergreen, and it's a weird one. It's basically a vocoder opera about some robots that are trying to bring a bunch of frozen human brains back to consciousness, and in order to do that they have to figure out what makes human beings tick. It's a sort of sci fi existentialist love story.

Anyway it's so strange that it might be one of those things that's just for me, but hey I've been wrong about that before.

It's been a long time since I posted music here, so if anyone out there is hankering for something that's more in line with my usual fare, I also did a bunch of songs for the Hypnospace Outlaw soundtrack as Barnaby's Chair.

edit: oh yeah here's my soundcloud which I post new stuff to semi-regularly

Okay I want to apologize for my street team. They're good kids but sometimes they get overly enthusiastic. We generated a lot of buzz but I'm not sure this was the most productive way to do it.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

flavor.flv posted:

Literally laughing out loud at this one. Good job!

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

flavor.flv posted:

Thank you! If you would like to learn more, there's a needle felting thread that nobody's posted in in years:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785620&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Oh poo poo I thought it fell into archives! Maybe I will spruce up the OP a bit and see if I can get it going again.

ETA: nope I was right it is archived. I'll make a new one sometime, poo poo I was still so new to needlefelting in 2016!

Organza Quiz fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 27, 2021

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

I've been making jewelry mostly earrings for about 15 years now and a few years ago I I realized I could draw and I started putting the earrings on cards like greeting cards that I drew pictures on. So I make the jewelry and the card and the decorations on the card:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I've had some success at craft fairs but never put anything online yet because I'm a cave woman and don't know how to use technology. As you can see these are going to be attachments I don't even have an Imgur account. However now that my industry has been decimated by the coronavirus I have been making products and will be opening an Etsy shop in about 5 months. Besides 200 pairs of earrings I branched out and did some decorated bobby pins I'm going to call them snobby pins:

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

The thing I enjoy most is drawing and I have a lot of fun figuring out creative ways to display stuff.

Spinz fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 27, 2021

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I make a lot of earrings that are like grapes and I spent a few months building up that stock and finally defeating the challenge of drawing proper grapevines. I tried that for years and now I love doing it

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

Forgot to add the pic :doh:

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

I was putting in some work on my photography in the pre-COVID days. A lot of momentum and focus got scattered in the fracas. Just starting to shoot regularly again. https://www.instagram.com/phillydelphiaafterdark/

This thread is a treat. Great job everyone.

Matlack Radio fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 29, 2021

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Those are rad!

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

:) just a couple more

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I so look forward to being in SA Mart too :love:

egg_dog
Nov 12, 2005

nͬ͒̂̓̂ͪoͨ́
Fun Shoe
I started relearning Unreal and decided to make a dumb game where you make burgers. Made a thread here so I can post about the progress.

https://twitter.com/PrawnSalute/status/1371727420936568834?s=19

https://twitter.com/PrawnSalute/status/1374030296056791040?s=19

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
What a magnificent thread, filled with absurdly talented people...
Here's my contribution, an entry to the ArtDome thread (go check it out in Creative Convention! It is A Good Thread.)

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Tree Bucket posted:

What a magnificent thread, filled with absurdly talented people...
Here's my contribution, an entry to the ArtDome thread (go check it out in Creative Convention! It is A Good Thread.)

This is awesome. I had so many books like this as a kid.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Sanford posted:

This is awesome. I had so many books like this as a kid.

Funny you should say that; the prompt for that month was a heap of pages from those old kids' books- all that wonderful stuff about "scienticians predict that by 1999, flying cars will be commonplace."

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't have anything to show yet, but I wanted to share what I was doing outside of the animation thread. And I want to brag semi-anonymously.

I wrote 6 scripts last year for a known corporation that wants to launch a toy line by using animated webisodes. Well, the focus testing just ended on the 6 stories and they placed 2nd against well known IPs like Angry Birds. The only IP that kids 4-6 liked better was Simon the rabbit.

The company is so happy that they ordered 50 episodes from my writing partner and me. For me that's like a year's worth of pay in 3 months.

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

An Ounce of Gold posted:

I don't have anything to show yet, but I wanted to share what I was doing outside of the animation thread. And I want to brag semi-anonymously.

I wrote 6 scripts last year for a known corporation that wants to launch a toy line by using animated webisodes. Well, the focus testing just ended on the 6 stories and they placed 2nd against well known IPs like Angry Birds. The only IP that kids 4-6 liked better was Simon the rabbit.

The company is so happy that they ordered 50 episodes from my writing partner and me. For me that's like a year's worth of pay in 3 months.

Holy poo poo, congrats!! That's loving awesome. :haw:

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks. I feel the same way. It's the first major corporate deal that has landed after 5 years of writing and trying really hard as my main focus.

The toys are available in France; so it's cool if I say the company. It's the Smiley Corporation, they own the trademark for the smiley face. It was supposed to have a world wide launch last year, but due to the pandemic they paused everything for a while. They did send me prototype toys that currently are battle mini He-Man figures on my desk. It's been really fun.

E here's one of their commercials for the toys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ-dIQRxfnc

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Mar 27, 2021

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Thanks. I feel the same way. It's the first major corporate deal that has landed after 5 years of writing and trying really hard as my main focus.

The toys are available in France; so it's cool if I say the company. It's the Smiley Corporation, they own the trademark for the smiley face. It was supposed to have a world wide launch last year, but due to the pandemic they paused everything for a while. They did send me prototype toys that currently are battle mini He-Man figures on my desk. It's been really fun.

E here's one of their commercials for the toys:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ-dIQRxfnc

this is dystopian as gently caress I love it

this is like a toy they make in hell

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

An Ounce of Gold posted:

That's amazing, congratulations!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

An Ounce of Gold posted:

That’s amazing, nice work. Thread delivers on the “wonders” front!

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

Ok Comboomer posted:

this is dystopian as gently caress I love it

this is like a toy they make in hell

Having an adblocker for years now and not having any sort of tv subscription other than Netflix, the aggression of TV commercials aimed at kids is a big slap in the face.

Cool for the writing money, if I could make a year of money in three months, hell, I'll program weapon systems no big deal.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Keetron posted:

Having an adblocker for years now and not having any sort of tv subscription other than Netflix, the aggression of TV commercials aimed at kids is a big slap in the face.

Cool for the writing money, if I could make a year of money in three months, hell, I'll program weapon systems no big deal.

That's the normal for me growing up. In the 1980s we had He-Man which was just a toyline/cartoon. 80/90s had every sugar product on earth aimed at kids... Gushers, ring pops, any cereal... The best part is that I don't even have to work on their weapon systems until next year.

Thanks everyone. It's been fun. They essentially gave us a character sheet and let us create their personalities and stories. It's been a blast. Super nice people. The goal besides selling the toys is for the animated show to boost the EQ of kids to make them more aware of people's emotions and have an advanced ability to be able to read people therefore controlling their own emotional actions and reactions better as they get older.

An Ounce of Gold fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 27, 2021

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I've been manipulating sega video game covers/ephemera for the past few months from what I assume is a prolonged episode of madness

original on right for comparison

Got over 100 images on my twitter here if you want to subject yourself to more

https://twitter.com/AngstHarrier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I don’t know if it counts as something I’ve made but I kept this idiot for over a year as a horrible giant worm and then another six months as a weird soil egg and now he’s finally a glorious megabeetle and I love him.

Edit: lol

Sanford fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 28, 2021