Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spacebump posted:

This is one of the shows I caught up on in the pandemic after dropping it due to the Savitar season. Season 6 and this season seem to have bounced this show back. Glad this season looks like it could be fun.

Also, use of the Flash Gordon theme in season 6 was an all time epic moment on this show.

I love the moment between Cisco and Iris where he tries to justify the song and she just goes with it because, yes, Barry is literally running into and out of a black hole.

The back half of the season kind of falters a bit, but Season 6A with Bloodwork was fantastic. Sendhil Ramamurthy is loving great at playing really unhinged villains, and I hope he shows up here and there in the future on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
I love how they all completely forgot that Kadabra murdered a guy at the start of the episode.
Barry was about to let him bounce back to his own timeline (just like last week) and Iris was "he died a hero :qq: "

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I'm calling it now, that giant Hulk guy is one of the 4 energy bolts we saw at the end of last week, most likely the green one.

I'm also calling that Iris is one of them as well.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
If they're keeping to the comics:
A: It's she and
B: the Red one.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

So I thought I read all the comics that I assume people are talking about, but that was definitely Rampage at the end, right? The Superman villain?

Did Rampage ever get the Strength Force? Or is this someone else? Or are they using the Strength Force as her origin?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

So I thought I read all the comics that I assume people are talking about, but that was definitely Rampage at the end, right? The Superman villain?

Did Rampage ever get the Strength Force? Or is this someone else? Or are they using the Strength Force as her origin?

it does look like them, so you might be right and they're mixing things up. I assumed it was Fuerza who was the Strength Force user in the comics

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Anyone ever consider the Not Hulk was just there to help build new homes before two murderers decided to confront and attack him

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr Beens posted:

I love how they all completely forgot that Kadabra murdered a guy at the start of the episode.
Barry was about to let him bounce back to his own timeline (just like last week) and Iris was "he died a hero :qq: "

He also maybe killed that Argus guy.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Team Flash sympathizes with murderers, how do you all not realize this by now?

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Abra Kadabra was the coolest dude.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He played Murdoc on the new MacGyver a bunch of times

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So there are two Caitlan's now? Uh, I need to process this.

But I love "Maybe it was Death itself!" yea I'm sure the embodiment of death wears a purple wrestling singlet and padded gloves. Everyone knows Death where's a black leather body suit, closed motorcycle helmet and has skiis.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

So there are two Caitlan's now? Uh, I need to process this.

But I love "Maybe it was Death itself!" yea I'm sure the embodiment of death wears a purple wrestling singlet and padded gloves. Everyone knows Death where's a black leather body suit, closed motorcycle helmet and has skiis.

Hey, Death itself has previously done Flash cosplay. You don't get to tell Death what to do.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Need to have the same dude play Death as who played Death in Supernatural.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

GreenNight posted:

Need to have the same dude play Death as who played Death in Supernatural.

Julian Richings :eng101:

"Hello, Barry. Have some pizza."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Fritz Coldcockin posted:

Julian Richings :eng101:

"Hello, Barry. Have some pizza."

Also give him characteristics of his character in Patriot.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
edit: nm, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The cast feels bloated with unlikeable characters and now there's two Panabakers?

One of them dies heroically by seasons end.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Rhyno posted:

The cast feels bloated with unlikeable characters and now there's two Panabakers?

Frost joins legends, hopefully.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

For one of the heroes to die they either have to be just introduced that season or Caitlin has to have a relationship with them and Frost fits neither of those categories.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

For one of the heroes to die they either have to be just introduced that season or Caitlin has to have a relationship with them and Frost fits neither of those categories.

Well you called it. Caitlin will find true love at last in the arms of herself.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Well you called it. Caitlin will find true love at last in the arms of herself.

The ol' I'll be in my bunk.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I forgot to mention is how on point the chyron people during that interview with the Flash. Updating it after everything he said.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Fakest thing about this show for real.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

WhyteRyce posted:

Maybe they can do some more charity work and fix up their roof

With that little flash forward to the 64th-century Flash Museum I was honestly expecting the hole in the roof to still be there.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
so when kadabra appeared did anyone else think 'what the hell is spike doing in this show?' before he turned around

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

ded posted:

so when kadabra appeared did anyone else think 'what the hell is spike doing in this show?' before he turned around

I thought maybe they’d recast Pietro again.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

McSpanky posted:

With that little flash forward to the 64th-century Flash Museum I was honestly expecting the hole in the roof to still be there.

I want a LoT episode around fixing the roof to save the timeline

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

I want a LoT episode around fixing the roof to save the timeline

I just woke up and read LoT as LoSH and imagined a legion of super heroes show where they buy the building in the 30th century and there’s a running gag about new members being on roof repair duty

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Klungar posted:

I thought maybe they’d recast Pietro again.

Nah, they're saving Evan Peters to play New Ralph later in the season.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

ded posted:

I am glad I wasn't the only one who thought this.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

Rhyno posted:

The new intro is just like 20 seconds of cast headshots with a reddish filter.

What’s the deal with Cisco now? Did he keep his powers after Crisis or does his Mechavibe getup give him blue beams?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was that confusing moment during Crisis when the Monitor gave him his powers back but apparently that didn't stick. Also I guess they're forgetting that the reason he gave up his powers in the first place was that he wanted to stop being an active hero.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

muscles like this! posted:

There was that confusing moment during Crisis when the Monitor gave him his powers back but apparently that didn't stick. Also I guess they're forgetting that the reason he gave up his powers in the first place was that he wanted to stop being an active hero.

None of that made any sense to me. Cisco was always the #1 person to be excited by superheroics, he's still excited when he encounters new superpowers now, he ended up with a superpower that seemed to have zero drawbacks, was extremely useful, and allowed him to just go wherever he wanted at any time... and then he suddenly wanted to be "normal" again because... Reasons? He wanted to be the tech guy again, except he was never not that?

Did the writers just realize that he was too useful that way, and it made him hard to write for?

(Ok, seeing his own death was traumatic, that might count as a drawback, but it's too late now.. It's not like he's going to un-see it when the powers are gone.)

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

For a while it felt like they were setting it up for him to leave the show but that didn't happen so who knows.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Robot Hobo posted:

(Ok, seeing his own death was traumatic, that might count as a drawback, but it's too late now.. It's not like he's going to un-see it when the powers are gone.)

He saw his own death before he had powers! Don't be a wuss Cisco, everyone on this show's witnessed an existential crisis or two firsthand.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Ugh this is all making me remember how dumb the whole "Cisco removing his powers" plot/decision was.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

8one6 posted:

For a while it felt like they were setting it up for him to leave the show but that didn't happen so who knows.

Yeah, the episode where he actually gets rid of his powers had very strong "leaving the show" energy but then next season started and he was still hanging around.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, the episode where he actually gets rid of his powers had very strong "leaving the show" energy but then next season started and he was still hanging around.

And now he has stupid oversized mega man wrist gauntlets and a bulky vest thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
You guys are massively overthinking this. Every single one of these shows simply chooses whatever plot point gives itself easy melodrama in the moment, with exactly zero thought to future plot lines, prior actions, or consistent characters. They’ve almost always been this way.