Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hand Knit posted:

Who is the funniest team for the Nets to lose to, other than "whoever they face in round 1?"

King Julius and the New York Knicks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Philly. It might cause some people to quit the internet.

I mean philly losing would be funnier considering the volitality of the fan base.

So many podcasts would get consumed

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

I dunno, the Nets losing to Philly or Boston fits within some fairly standard narratives. On the other hand,

I Before E posted:

seems like it would be spectacular.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Hand Knit posted:

Who is the funniest team for the Nets to lose to, other than "whoever they face in round 1?"

Honestly i think it would be the jazz. Even though it would be in the Finals and the Jazz would most likely have the best record and rolled though the west. You know if they both get there it would be big city,big stars vs Utah.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
sounds right seems like everyone should root for that

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

chilihead posted:

Honestly i think it would be the jazz. Even though it would be in the Finals and the Jazz would most likely have the best record and rolled though the west. You know if they both get there it would be big city,big stars vs Utah.

This makes me think that the Nets assembly of superstars losing to Nikola Jokic doddering around like he's wearing flip flops would be even better.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Phil Jackson unloads on Carmelo Anthony while talking Knicks tenure, compares own treatment to Donald Trump
https://sports.yahoo.com/phil-jackson-carmelo-anthony-knicks-tenure-donald-trump-021016924.html

pseudodragon posted:

The domestic violence is obviously more than enough to say “gently caress that guy”, but he was also a mask truthing dumbass during the bubble so he is a multi-talented rear end in a top hat.

I remember many antimask proponents stating that there'd be a plague of lung bacteria and people collapsing due to lack of oxygen by this point. It just didn't happen.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So I’m watching The Last Dance for the first time and it’s pretty cool but this is so obviously not actually a documentary and rather a hagiography. So is the whole narrative that Jerry Krause was the stupid fuckup that ruined the Bulls dynasty because of his own ego accurate?

MJJ commissioned The Last Dance after LBJ won the 2016 title in Cleveland. The Last Dance redacts Jordan's Wizards' years and also villainizes Scottie Pippen. There were plenty of Bulls who barely said a word.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

I Before E posted:

This is my dream scenario

Zogo posted:

Phil Jackson unloads on Carmelo Anthony while talking Knicks tenure, compares own treatment to Donald Trump
https://sports.yahoo.com/phil-jackson-carmelo-anthony-knicks-tenure-donald-trump-021016924.html
pshhhh, gtfo mr "posse". Pop's the greatest to ever do it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
LMA made the right decision for himself for sure. Him as a catch and shoot guy for passes from the main three seems like an easy way to get his numbers up and get another contract.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

poor Durant’s legacy

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Paperback Writer posted:

poor Durant’s legacy

Looks like he's going to have to convince russ to do a home return and win chip with shai dort and poku to save face

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Considering how mad some of them are over Jared Dudley, Philly would be very funny. But honestly most teams would be pretty funny, except for Milwaukee. Doesn't seem like there's a story there.

Also any Western conference team would be funny, esp Utah, Denver, or Portland

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Well to be honest I meant Philly because it would unleash Morey was right not to trade Maxey Harden is a choker type Philly posting onto the internet and that would be kind of funny.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Place your bets now on where he's headed

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1375938598009245697?s=19

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Paperback Writer posted:

poor Durant’s legacy
It's the Sonics curse. In the right and proper universe he would've gotten some rings in green and yellow without too many superteam accusations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

I Before E posted:

Which Net is going to prove they are the true New York team by missing a game 7 layup.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Nets after they lose and idk Irving forces a trade

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Well to be honest I meant Philly because it would unleash Morey was right not to trade Maxey Harden is a choker type Philly posting onto the internet and that would be kind of funny.

oh yeah that would be great

the cool thing about the east is that the teams are all so close that anyone could be a hilarious Nets killer...

what if it was the Cleveland Cavaliers?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Jarrett Allen, Sexland, Kevin Love

think about it

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

I love the LMA move for the nets for narrative alone. in 20 years noone's going to give a poo poo about guys who never won anything before this year like Blake or LMA, they'll just see that the Warriors won a fluke title in 2015 against the hospitalized Cavs, performed the biggest chokejob in history the next year, and then depended solely on KD's greatness before falling into disarray upon his departure.

That said, it'll also be really funny if the Nets don't win the title this year. No downside.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Katana_Warrior posted:

I love the LMA move for the nets for narrative alone. in 20 years noone's going to give a poo poo about guys who never won anything before this year like Blake or LMA, they'll just see that the Warriors won a fluke title in 2015 against the hospitalized Cavs, performed the biggest chokejob in history the next year, and then depended solely on KD's greatness before falling into disarray upon his departure.

That said, it'll also be really funny if the Nets don't win the title this year. No downside.
Yikes

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

sounds right seems like everyone should root for that

the french man don't deliver on sundays

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Before each playoff game they are going to have to give Lamarcus Aldridge the same poo poo they give to Joe Biden before he is allowed to be seen in public.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Seems like a very obvious Hornets move as long as it doesn’t cost them a first rounder

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Katana_Warrior posted:

A lot of salt in this post.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Katana_Warrior posted:

:discourse:

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

RCarr posted:

A lot of salt in this post.

yeah, I'm sore and pouty from moving furniture all day and taking it out on an intangible product of a sports team that I chose to dislike in 2016 in the form of posts on an internet forum. move along, nothing to see here

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1375957279938318336

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
LMA, Deandre, and Blake will be similar to how I forget Glove and Jason Williams actually won championships, then I look up when they won and get incredibly angry

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

nets lose to the Mighty Vooch after a game 7 buzzer beater from Denzel Valentine, who then retires from basketball after being hospitalized for stunting too hard.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I guess hoping the Lakers would be smart enough to choose the good player Deing over the big name was the wrong thought on my part for Pelinka.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Algund Eenboom posted:

(weeping, babbling through sobs) real 03-04 lakers energy from the nets

Algund Eenboom posted:

The nets are very fun and enjoyable to watch, you guys should try it sometime
nice meltdown

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Zogo posted:

Really, Phil? That's the analogy you wanna go for?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

nets lose to the Mighty Vooch after a game 7 buzzer beater from Denzel Valentine, who then retires from basketball after being hospitalized for stunting too hard.

Ok yes the Bulls are a strong contender for funniest Nets vanquishers, right after the Knicks

I don't see the comedy in Philly beating them really

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

They got a taller guy to play the Mario Chalmers role this time

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Lebron casually sonning the nets with a 4-1 beating would be pretty funny

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

one thing that occurs to me as i read this thread is how everyone is mad except for me, i am completely calm in an almost meditative state as i post pictures of boylen making insane diarrhea faces and twitter videos of denzel valentine, wow i think to myself, it would odd to be so mad on the internet, as i unflinchingly defend michael jordan's honor once again.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is the NBAs best hope for the Nets to lose for them to have an internal drama inspired meltdown?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i found this picture while i was making my dumb voochposting megathread and i'm loving cackling why is this so funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

R.D. Mangles posted:

one thing that occurs to me as i read this thread is how everyone is mad except for me, i am completely calm in an almost meditative state as i post pictures of boylen making insane diarrhea faces and twitter videos of denzel valentine, wow i think to myself, it would odd to be so mad on the internet, as i unflinchingly defend michael jordan's honor once again.

This is a hall of fame level post.