Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

didnt Superman switch to the black background logo at almost the exact same time? but in-story it was in mourning for pluto or nebraska or something

e: TOPEKA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Squizzle posted:

didnt Superman switch to the black background logo at almost the exact same time? but in-story it was in mourning for pluto or nebraska or something

e: TOPEKA
Living about thirty miles east of Topeka at the time, this was the "hot book everyone asked about buying a copy of" in my 2001 Comic Reading experience.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

Living about thirty miles east of Topeka at the time, this was the "hot book everyone asked about buying a copy of" in my 2001 Comic Reading experience.

im glad you survived the imperiex probes, e&c

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edge & Christian posted:

I have three, although different years. The Spider-Man Black Cover which people will recall is the 'even supervillains are upset about the Towers,' JLA/Avengers #1 which was the last pure speculation book I saw with people ordering a ton of them and also Obama appearing in Spider-Man many years after which was in very short supply because I don't think anybody knew and just ordered their regular amount of Amazing Spider-Man that month.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Jean's Morrison/Quitely outfit is still the best one she's ever had.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Character spoiler for the Hellfire Gala:

twitter.com/ChangoATX/status/1374539149244571655
(I'm using Awful, so I had to break the url so it wouldn't embed.)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, those assholes. it is already official policy that gabby is on the no resurrection list and no one has the guts to tell her clearly. instead they dissemble, endlessly.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

oh, those assholes. it is already official policy that gabby is on the no resurrection list and no one has the guts to tell her clearly. instead they dissemble, endlessly.

Where was that revealed?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hey if you're going to put things in spoilers maaaaaaaaaaaaybe put what you're spoiling.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

IUG posted:

Character spoiler for the Hellfire Gala:

twitter.com/ChangoATX/status/1374539149244571655
(I'm using Awful, so I had to break the url so it wouldn't embed.)
This isn't a spoiler, it's just random fanart. Folks are just drawing looks they wanna see on characters they wanna see in the event.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

glitchwraith posted:

Where was that revealed?

this week's cable.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Re: The text-page in this week's Cable: I think they could get a good spin-off out of non-resurrectable clones and copies going on the run or something. Gabby's great, I miss Evan Sabah-Nur, Nate Grey could pop up, maybe one of Mr. Sinister's old Maddy clones or Dark Beast-- maybe some stragglers from the Ultimate universe (wasn't Bloodstorm from Mutant X running around a few years ago?) or leftovers from when Fantomex was running around as three people. Joseph could even join in on things.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Continuing Cable spoilers:

The Five and the council know, but others outside of then may well not.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

How Wonderful! posted:

Re: The text-page in this week's Cable: I think they could get a good spin-off out of non-resurrectable clones and copies going on the run or something. Gabby's great, I miss Evan Sabah-Nur, Nate Grey could pop up, maybe one of Mr. Sinister's old Maddy clones or Dark Beast-- maybe some stragglers from the Ultimate universe (wasn't Bloodstorm from Mutant X running around a few years ago?) or leftovers from when Fantomex was running around as three people. Joseph could even join in on things.

they could and should make exceptions, but they decided not to. laura probably only gets a pass because she's willing to go on insane mindbending suicide missions.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

they could and should make exceptions, but they decided not to. laura probably only gets a pass because she's willing to go on insane mindbending suicide missions.

That's an exception?

The first Ayala issue of New Mutants hit Unlimited this week and it's great that this policy/problem has run through so many books already. So many loving clones! But... what abou Greycrow? He's been killed/cloned by Sinister a ton before Krakoa.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I imagine that with him and the rest of the Marauders it's more of a "one alive at a time" policy. Oh and I forgot whatever is going on with Prodigy over in X-Factor. I think they've done a good of slowly building this up as a major problem that will wind up biting somebody on the butt.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I think it was in one of those Search for Wolverine minis where they made a big fuss about Laura and how she isn’t a clone, she’s a genetic twin because her mom carried her to term and she has her DNA which should disqualify her from that stuff from Cable.

At the time I thought it was a really bizarre “reveal” because it wasn’t new information, but it ties in well to this current stuff.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I caught a glimpse of more Saturnyne/Cap Britain Corps gibberish and almost rolled my eyes, but this issue of Excalibur -- that actually delves into Betsy and Kwannon's loaded psyches (heh) -- ended up probably one of my faves.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

This isn't a spoiler, it's just random fanart. Folks are just drawing looks they wanna see on characters they wanna see in the event.

Bah, it was retweeted by Si Spurrier, so I got my hopes up for Way of X. My bad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

IUG posted:

Bah, it was retweeted by Si Spurrier, so I got my hopes up for Way of X. My bad.

Legion was MIA in HoXPoX when they were listing Omega Mutants, wasn't he? Like, he was on the list but "whereabouts unknown" right? He'll show up, probably sooner than before since Franklin Richards is currently off the table.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
legion probably won't come back soon unless a writer pretends the rosenberg run never happened.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I think I stopped off at like X-Force issue #8 or something, when I just wasn't reading many comics for a while and going through them on unlimited, drat I see why there was so much Beast discourse after #11. He's the biggest drat villain on the island.

Also while I am someone who doesn't mind how repetitive a lot of solo Wolverine stories are, they really dive right into the cliche there in his. Controlled by other world force right into meet something supernatural in Alaska.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

legion probably won't come back soon unless a writer pretends the rosenberg run never happened.

Pretending the Rosenberg run never happened seems like good general life advice, so

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
I enjoyed this short-ish lecture by the guy who does the Claremont Run stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYHYYhKm4Z0

There's some basic info in here, some references to critical interpretations of mutants, Wolverine as anti-masculine, what HoXPoX is doing, etc.

Why did my university not offer a class where I read X-Men comics?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

unless a writer pretends the rosenberg run never happened.

I fail to see the downside.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh, you know what? it'd be real good if they brought back legion for when the destiny subplot comes to a head. he's the one who killed her in the first place!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
This got a chuckle out of me:

https://twitter.com/sispurrier/status/1375450628999106564

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
First 6 pages of Way of X. looks good. lol at wanda

https://comic-watch.com/news/news-watch-first-look-at-a-lettered-preview-of-marvels-way-of-x-1

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

On my phone so I'm waiting to check that out on a proper sized screen, but are they making GBS threads on Wanda again?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Skwirl posted:

are they making GBS threads on Wanda again?

Don't be such a Wanda about it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Don't be such a Wanda about it.

I'm in the pro "making GBS threads on Wanda" faction.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Xavier has a weird dream about the 'Betrayer' which you're obviously meant to think is Wanda, but probably will turn out to be something else, and then does the psychic version of calling his priest 'just to catch up' with Nightcrawler.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Mar 27, 2021

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

From all the previews it’s super obvious who the villain is going to be.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

It's not obvious to me! :colbert: Who's that guy? Looks like a weirder Juggernaut?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

BrianWilly posted:

It's not obvious to me! :colbert: Who's that guy? Looks like a weirder Juggernaut?

my guess is Onslaught

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
From the preview pages it definitely seems like someone (in a mask) is accusing Xavier of being a 'betrayer', not that he's calling someone a 'betrayer'. Also I believe every time someone has "shitted on" Wanda in the current era of books she's called "Pretender" not "Betrayer". I also missed someone mentioning "being a Wanda" so never mind, I assume that's what everyone is talking about.

As for "who the bad guy is", Xavier is looking at a photo of what I assume is Gabrielle Haller and the baby she and Xavier had (aka Legion), with Xavier's head cropped out of the old family photo because they were estranged for a long time. Between that and "Patchwork Man" (and it being written by Si Spurrier), this all seems to be pointing in the direction of involving Legion, or one of his personalities, as the accuser? Is that what seems obvious?

The original press release for the series from January talks about the villain being "someone with incomparable power and deep ties to Professor X himself is pulling secret strings. So just based on that alone, it seems like the obvious candidates are I guess Legion, Cassandra Nova, Onslaught I guess, Shadow King, or I guess if we want to go a little further left-field, Xavier/Lilandra's super powerful daughter that was in Mr. and Mrs. X? One of the Cadre K mutant Skrulls he briefly mentored in the early 2000s? Lucifer??

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 28, 2021

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Edge & Christian posted:

From the preview pages it definitely seems like someone (in a mask) is accusing Xavier of being a 'betrayer', not that he's calling someone a 'betrayer'. Also I believe every time someone has "shitted on" Wanda in the current era of books she's called "Pretender" not "Betrayer". I also missed someone mentioning "being a Wanda" so never mind, I assume that's what everyone is talking about.

As for "who the bad guy is", Xavier is looking at a photo of what I assume is Gabrielle Haller and the baby she and Xavier had (aka Legion), with Xavier's head cropped out of the old family photo because they were estranged for a long time. Between that and "Patchwork Man" (and it being written by Si Spurrier), this all seems to be pointing in the direction of involving Legion, or one of his personalities, as the accuser? Is that what seems obvious?

The original press release for the series from January talks about the villain being "someone with incomparable power and deep ties to Professor X himself is pulling secret strings. So just based on that alone, it seems like the obvious candidates are I guess Legion, Cassandra Nova, Onslaught I guess, Shadow King, or I guess if we want to go a little further left-field, Xavier/Lilandra's super powerful daughter that was in Mr. and Mrs. X? One of the Cadre K mutant Skrulls he briefly mentored in the early 2000s? Lucifer??

Xandra is the Majestrix of the Shi'ar now, I think, with Gladiator or Deathbird as her regent?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I have always been curious about the Lucifer arc but have never gone back to read it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rick posted:

I have always been curious about the Lucifer arc but have never gone back to read it.

I was about to say "you should absolutely read Lucifer," then realized this wasn't the DC thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Between stuff happening in New Mutants and this text page of Cable, if they're building up to killing Gabby then I'm building up to burning down Marvel HQ.
Besides, if she was a "duplicate" of Laura she would have the same number of claws, so there. Ipso facto, gently caress off, she stays forever.