Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

a cute dog!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pongo is apparently part lap cat. He is so good at snuggling whenever you want him to :3:

To answer the previous question, he is not a limey and is unaware of the term. That was his shelter name and we liked it and kept it.

Blarfy Bovine
Jun 3, 2007

2 - 3 = negative fun!

Fun Shoe

Triangle Dog Guards the Vertical Lines.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I figured it was a101 Dalmatians reference

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Blarfy Bovine posted:

Triangle Dog Guards the Vertical Lines.

This was in front of our parliament buildings, and on reflection, I think he vastly improves them. I wonder who I write to in order to have a statue made in his image to be placed in front of the buildings?

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Annoyed Napoleon for your booping pleasure

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Luca watches the Parliament, Lando will watch the skies.

(We went on a nice hike with some great views and Lando loved taking it all in)

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CeramicPig posted:

Annoyed Napoleon for your booping pleasure

*boop*

*smiles*

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://gfycat.com/repentantwelloffguernseycow

Phone posting but those are some good bois

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This was in front of our parliament buildings, and on reflection, I think he vastly improves them. I wonder who I write to in order to have a statue made in his image to be placed in front of the buildings?

I will not rest happy until I get an autographed picture of Luca with Jacinda.

Luca's autograph of course.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

FrozenVent posted:

I will not rest happy until I get an autographed picture of Luca with Jacinda.

Luca's autograph of course.

I called her office, she wasn't interested :shrug:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

you better be ready when walking him at night because drat he is a strong motherfucker, nothing but muscle. he wants that rabbit soooo bad. My wife got pulled all the way across the street a few days ago because she wasn’t prepared for him to go after something.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Might want to go with a prong or the one that goes around the muzzle in that case. If you haven't tried it or are reluctant for image reasons I would reconsider.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

We have one of those harness that buckles on the chest for Kiki and it works pretty well. Worked for my ex's dog too, who was a crazy puller.

I don't use the over-the-muzzle ones because of perception issue, enough people terrified of the big bad pit bull as it is.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
My old roommate always covered them with a handkerchief to hide it and smarten them up a bit. Its not ideal but pulling someone across the street is a bad situation for everyone involved.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

lightpole posted:

Might want to go with a prong or the one that goes around the muzzle in that case. If you haven't tried it or are reluctant for image reasons I would reconsider.

Nah don’t do the prong but Gentle Leaders are great

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

FrozenVent posted:

We have one of those harness that buckles on the chest for Kiki and it works pretty well. Worked for my ex's dog too, who was a crazy puller.

I don't use the over-the-muzzle ones because of perception issue, enough people terrified of the big bad pit bull as it is.

Yeah, my family has used these kinds of harnesses for our dogs and they worked out well:

With these if the dog pulls too hard, they'll fall over. Not a perfect solution, but definitely one to consider if pulling is a serious problem.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
Tried everything on my short hair, gentle leader, harness. Only thing he responded to, didn't attack immediately or get extremely offended at was a prong. I spent quite a few years walking an 8 lb dachshund with a prong but its better than him pulling against a collar and collapsing his trachea.

Hes much better now so I generally just use a collar. He likes to walk far ahead while the long haired drags behind. Tried using a double leader so he would pull the long hair but it didn't work very well.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Other than having a strong prey drive when he sees a rabbit/squirrel, he is generally pretty good at walks. Thanks for the suggestions, I ordered the gentle leader for when my wife walks him.

One of my twins absolutely *loves* Pongo. When they first met at the shelter, he kept laughing as he was getting licked and saying “I love him, I love him!” :3:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah, my family has used these kinds of harnesses for our dogs and they worked out well:

With these if the dog pulls too hard, they'll fall over. Not a perfect solution, but definitely one to consider if pulling is a serious problem.

This is almost exactly the one that came with Kiki, we're still using it to this day. You do need to adjust it properly, but if you have it on right and she pulls, she gets turned around, basically.

It's annoying though because it's easy for her to step over the leash and have it rubbing against her armpit / belly.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

devmd01 posted:

Other than having a strong prey drive when he sees a rabbit/squirrel, he is generally pretty good at walks. Thanks for the suggestions, I ordered the gentle leader for when my wife walks him.

One of my twins absolutely *loves* Pongo. When they first met at the shelter, he kept laughing as he was getting licked and saying “I love him, I love him!” :3:

This is wonderful.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The weather is getting warmer so it’s bow tie season

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

It's always bow tie season

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

It's always bow tie season

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Since you two want to be pedantic instead of just enjoying dog pics I’d like to remind you that sometimes it’s regular tie season

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

boop the snoot posted:

Since you two want to be pedantic instead of just enjoying dog pics I’d like to remind you that sometimes it’s regular tie season

That's a handsome boy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

If it means more Monty, I'll be pedantic all day.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It’s bandanna season imo

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Jay Rust posted:

It’s Monty season imo

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

It's been a very good week of good dogs.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Goober Peas posted:

It's been a very good month of good dogs.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Since Lando is part golden retriever he still counts as a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Snoot status: Booped.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

ledge posted:

Snoot status: Booped.

Give this dog whatever it wants.

https://twitter.com/sweetxpalma/status/1374820756610224134

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

I love you MONEY HOUND. Get paid, pupper!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I love you MONEY HOUND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Since Lando is part golden retriever he still counts as a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

Keep up the good work, Lando! :swoon: