Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

Well, considering how they decided to pull an "uninterrupted" episode for Gridman this week, I wouldn't be too surprised to see if that gets pulled again for next week or the finale. I wouldn't be surprised if they just air as normal with a commercial break in the middle like normal though.

But yeah, buckle up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Volfogg posted:

Well, considering how they decided to pull an "uninterrupted" episode for Gridman this week, I wouldn't be too surprised to see if that gets pulled again for next week or the finale. I wouldn't be surprised if they just air as normal with a commercial break in the middle like normal though.

But yeah, buckle up.

They might be experimenting with the format and then applying it to the whole block, a lot of shows do that (though pretty much the only ones I've seen are live-action ones, and a lot of those have cold opens). But eliminating mid-show commercials would probably help them a lot with maintaining or possibly gaining viewers who hate mid-show commercials.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is it just me or does this new Birdgirl show look like hot sour diarrhœa rear end?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1374572081141186564?s=19

https://twitter.com/WSJ_manga/status/1375000931402649602?s=19

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 26, 2021

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The feature presentation might be a bit earlier than usual tonight to accommodate Monster.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Attack on Titan - Mikasa, it turns out, it a literal, no-poo poo Japanese princess. Also, I don't know about any of you guys, but I'm starting to have second thoughts about letting a mentally-unstable psychopath with authority issues amass the power of 3 different ubertitans.

Food Wars - It got right down to the wire, but by calling in the supporting cast (including getting Mr. Mime to use his powers for good instead of evil), we managed to make more dosh in one day than the Chinese restaurant across the street, and covered the cost of setting all this dumb poo poo up in the first place.

Fire Force - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTJ3LIA5LmA&t=27s

Black Clover Episode 142: Skullcrusher Mountain Chainsaw Massacre - Oh christ, who left this loving boat parked in the middle of the goddamned river?

S4 Gridman - Akame decides to say "gently caress it" and press the "Kill Everyone" button, deploying a kaiju that even Gridman can't defeat... until Anti decides that if he can't defeat Gridman, he'll drat well team up with Gridman. Oh, but then Utah got stabbed in the chest with a box cutter because it turns out that our base of operations was literally next door to the villain's lair and we didn't even bother to close the front door all this time.

It has been 13 weeks since Cowboy Bebop was last on Toonami

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://cytu.be/r/goonami

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Last week on Fire Force we let an extremely psychologically damaged child stay with a deranged psychopath who enjoys bullying the weak because he was the only one who could get the kid to calm down.

Good...job...team?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Argus Zant posted:

PREVIOUSLY, ON TOONAMI

Attack on Titan - Mikasa, it turns out, it a literal, no-poo poo Japanese princess. Also, I don't know about any of you guys, but I'm starting to have second thoughts about letting a mentally-unstable psychopath with authority issues amass the power of 3 different ubertitans.

So the squad from the beginning had 5 secret titans and two secret princesses. Anybody else got any secrets?

Rhonne posted:

Last week on Fire Force we let an extremely psychologically damaged child stay with a deranged psychopath who enjoys bullying the weak because he was the only one who could get the kid to calm down.

Good...job...team?

But hey Umbrella promised they'd stop torturing children as much and they might even stop if Vulcan can find a reactor source besides forsaken children. So big win all around.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 28, 2021

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Here's the last version of the Gridman OP. It references scenes from last week so I'm pretty sure it premiered with tonight's episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJ-0DRO0pyQ

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TwoPair posted:

So the squad from the beginning had 5 secret titans and two secret princesses. Anybody else got any secrets?

Connie lied when he said he totally understood Inception.

(It should have been a dead giveaway when he talked at length about how they were twins the whole time, but movies not existing in the world of Attack on Titan made it very difficult to prove him wrong.)

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

TwoPair posted:

Marco took his secrets with him to the grave.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its kind of weird how Gohan just stops going Super Saiyan.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

muscles like this! posted:

Its kind of weird how Gohan just stops going Super Saiyan.
My chief interaction with Dragon Ball is through video games, and yeah, it’s weird that unlocking his potential is apparently exclusive from going Super Saiyan.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

IIRC it was after Elder Kai powers him up that he stops doing it. Which, again, is weird because going SS is supposed to just be a power booster without a lot of downside (other than energy use.)

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Ooh boy here Gabi goes killing again

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
For whatever reason, the titles of this and the last episode are switched from what they were in the manga. I have no idea if that's an error or intentional or what.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Good old brick sock, never fails

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

drat Gabby.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

okay sure kill another innocent good guy with a family

good job gabi

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Boy have we got some news for you.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

well if they weren't going to execute you before now for killing Sasha, they're sure as poo poo gonna kill you now, kid

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Haha, that's what you get for showing compassion!

Edit: This is sarcasm.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Reiner you are gonna laugh

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Why would a soldier be here?

BECAUSE YOU KILLED ONE

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

this

kid

has

problems

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I bet you have a titan of an hunger

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

oh poo poo

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh god

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Argus Zant posted:

this

kid

has

problems

Reminder: Eren killed two adults at age 9. As a twelve year old, Gabi had three additional years to grow addicted to murder.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
AHAHAHAHA

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

oh god

this is Sasha's family, isn't it
christ, no way it isn't huh

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

"Hey kid how are you doing"

"HEY SIR DON"T ASK QUESTIONS BUT PLEASE TAKE US IN FOR A LITTLE WHILE!"

Real loving smooth Falco

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

"Just look me in the eye"

"Hey gently caress you"

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I thought Floch didnt even like Eren

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

The Rumbling is what, the ability to control the Titans in the walls?

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

holy poo poo, this is just increasingly becoming the lead-up to World War 2 in every way, isn't it

right down to ultranationalists in the military bucking the system against the aims of their superiors

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

JT Jag posted:

Yep

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

JT Jag posted:

Bingo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

JT Jag posted:

releasing them upon the world en masse, aye