Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the Ace of Choco Pro?
Akki
Mei-chan
Sakura-san
Anton
Chris Brookes until literally anyone on this show beats him
Yunamon
View Results

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Veib posted:

I’m a super casual wrestling fan but I watched the AEW women’s tournament since it was free on Youtube and thought it was very good and wanted to see more of these women, so that lead me to ChocoPro and

well

how am I supposed to enjoy watching any kind of wrestling that doesn’t have a pair of windows leading to a small alley outside after this? Why does everyone insist on using rings when a small dentist’s office is so obviously the superior choice? Turns out Emi Sakura is a loving genius

I haven’t watched a weekly show of any kind in over 15 years and only got back to watching things a couple times a year 5 years ago, but ChocoPro might be the best wrestling I’ve ever seen. It’s dumb as hell in all the best possible ways and genuinely hilarious, I love everything about it, absolutely everyone there is just the best. I’m like two weeks in and already incredibly invested in the buildup to episode 100, the only problem is that I can't watch the shows live since they start at 3 AM for me

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

the big 99

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Pencil
ARMY

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Chie, ever gracious in victory.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

CHIE WON THE BOURGEOIS CHOCOLATE

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Best youtube comment on that: just what Chie needs--more sugar

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I am so here for Akki Two Belts

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1374146372245544964

EMI'S FAVORITE TJPW WRESTLER IS COMING BACK

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

OH poo poo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
MIZUKI

:siren:

HOLY gently caress

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Neodoomium posted:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

e: Day 1 Matchups:

https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1373970855143763976
https://twitter.com/gatohmove/status/1373975402385870852

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

The Choco Bouquets are up for sale:

- Regular 2,750 JPY ones, with one photo per day
- Special edition 5,500 JPY ones with 4 different photos per day

I need to see if I can give Emi all my financial details, might just be easier.

Neodoomium posted:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BA-NA-NAS

Edit:

https://twitter.com/DanngoDaisuki/status/1374211278017753091

J-Ro fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 23, 2021

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

3 hour Chocotalk talking about the matches among other things.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Featuring Akki accusing Mei of being salty about the blue belt coming back but never advocating for it.

As soon as he was done with his promo, Emi says "Well Mei did bring up having the blue belt come back in the past but I forgot and then spontaneously brought it back for you and Fujita"

So Mei at once became 100% justified for being mad that she isn't in the title match and Akki 100% became the heel for being cocky about this opportunity that just fell into his lap.

Perfect ChocoPro.

edit: also Emi admitting that she added the Pure-J title match to settle an ELEVEN YEAR OLD GRUDGE SHE HAD WITH JWP

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Trying to figure out what that grudge would be and then I looked up that hair match against Yoneyama and that was October 2010 so unless it’s something behind the scenes it probably is related to that; especially with Yoneyama being involved.

Really good match: it’s on YouTube and it’s worth a watch.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

https://twitter.com/mei_gtmv/status/1375101318994522114?s=21

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Dumb question, but I see titles on the line for ChocoPro now, are they going to be a long-running thing or just something for ChocoPro 100?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Lily Catts posted:

Dumb question, but I see titles on the line for ChocoPro now, are they going to be a long-running thing or just something for ChocoPro 100?

The Asia tag/singles titles will likely be a long-running thing, the Pure-J title isn't going to change and will go back to its home promotion.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Lily Catts posted:

The titles are actually belts that go back to 2016. The Super Asia Title was only ever held by Riho & was vacated when she left, Asia Dream Tag Titles were won by Emi & Yonemama just before ChocoPro launched (the 2nd last Gatoh Move show with fans)

PURE-J title is the singles belt of the promotion PURE-J

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 26, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Choco Pro 100 Day 1 Card:

Choco Pro 100 Day 2 Card:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Oh hell yeah, love me that Gabai Ji-Chan

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

Oh hell yeah, love me that Gabai Ji-Chan

Remember you can drown everyone in this match in snacks for ~$5.50: https://twitter.com/lulupencil_gtmv/status/1374995932249354242

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

When Jerusalem asks me for champions from Japan for the champion of the month poll, I'm for sure sending in the Super Asia champion and it is your duty to vote for whomever that is

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

When Jerusalem asks me for champions from Japan for the champion of the month poll, I'm for sure sending in the Super Asia champion and it is your duty to vote for whomever that is

We are one step closer to Champion of the Month Lulu Pencil

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Considering either staying up until or going to bed right now and waking up in time for 3AM and ChocoPro #100

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I'm ready to do my part.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Choco Pro and TJPW on the same day. :allears:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Very excited for this tonight. I bought bouquets and it felt very strange to copy and paste a Japanese address into the checkout form. Hopefully I didn't tell them to read my credit card number during the show.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Game Day Thread is up: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963412

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Gonna need y'all to review this match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fanLxyt_Il8&t=2058s

And consider it for MOTYC in the thread

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

e: damnit

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Neodoomium posted:

Gonna need y'all to review this match:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fanLxyt_Il8&t=2058s

And consider it for MOTYC in the thread

I missed this episode, so thanks for calling this out.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The Diana Show from the 28th is available on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2n_Sn5CBMc

It's got Yunamon vs. Jaguar Yokota and Shinno Hagane vs. Veny in mixed tags.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

CHOCOPRO #101/LULU PENCIL #95: THE BATTLE OF THE MICRO INDIES CHOCOPRO VS. HEAT-UP
Today Live On Youtube
Time: 10am (JST) / 2am (BST) / 6pm (PDT) / 9pm (EDT)

Match Card from Robbie Stutter at Last Word On Wrestling

quote:

This past weekend, Gatoh Move Pro Wrestling held its landmark ChocoPro #100 two-day event. To say that this was monumental for the little promotion would be an understatement. In addition to action from Gatoh Move regulars and guest stars alike, viewers saw a new Super Asia Champion crowned. ChocoPro #101 keeps the action rolling, though under intriguing guidelines. This show will be a collaboration between Gatoh Move and Pro Wrestling HEAT-UP.

To provide context, Pro Wrestling HEAT-UP is a Japanese wrestling promotion owned by Kazuhiro Tamura, or simply TAMURA. The promotion in question was founded in 2012, its mission statement being to produce matches so “hot” that viewers could feel them, hence the name, HEAT-UP. Gatoh Move talent have competed for HEAT-UP in the past, and on ChocoPro #101, stars from both organizations will be showcased. Here’s a rundown of what to expect.

Emi Sakura and Sayuri vs. Chie Koishikawa and Rin Rin

In this collaborative event between Gatoh Move and HEAT-UP, this will be the sole match where only the former is represented. ChocoPro #101 will open with Emi Sakura and Sayuri joining forces to take on the fourth-generation tandem of Chie Koishikawa and Rin Rin. Both Sakura and Sayuri saw their fair share of success on ChocoPro #100, though the same can be said for Koishikawa. Meanwhile, Rin Rin was the only one who came up short during her ChocoPro #100 Day Two match. Nonetheless, one shouldn’t count “MC” Rin Rin out, as she will enter HEAT-UP’s domain with the intent to win. Expect this to be an exciting opening match.

Daisuke Kanehira vs. SHINGO

Next on ChocoPro #101, Daisuke Kanehira will take on SHINGO in singles action. Kanehira is one half of the HEAT-UP Universal Tag Team Champions alongside Tetsuya Izuchi, who will be competing in this show’s main event. Kanehira has wrestled for HEAT-UP since 2014, even winning the promotion’s Universal Title in 2018. Many have considered him the “Ace” of HEAT-UP. Prior to becoming a wrestler, he was involved in MMA, winning more than 40 fights. On ChocoPro #100, he will take on SHINGO, who was a professional cyclist before entering wrestling. It was in 2018 when he entered the HEAT-UP dojo, his dream being to become a wrestler. It’s important to note that Kanehira and SHINGO have worked together in the past. Last month, they teamed up to pick up a win over TAMURA and Raimu Imai. Now that Kanehira and SHINGO are opponents, what will come of this encounter?

Lulu Pencil vs. TAMURA

No ChocoPro event would be complete without involvement from the General of Pencil Army. Lulu Pencil has had a prominent spot on both days of ChocoPro #100, and while she failed to win on either day, her trademark earnest approach and unorthodox offense were on full display. On this episode, she will battle the founder of HEAT-UP himself, TAMURA. In addition to making his share of appearances for Gatoh Move, TAMURA is the current Universal Champion, a title that he has held twice. TAMURA won the title for the second time in August of 2019 in a match against Mad Dog Maxx. Additionally, TAMURA has faced off against many notable names in Japanese wrestling, including Minoru Suzuki and Tatsumi Fujinami. Given Lulu Pencil’s unconventional wrestling style, TAMURA’s grounded, technical approach should make this bout nothing short of interesting.

Best Bros (Mei Suruga and Baliyan Akki) vs. Tetsuya Izuchi and Hiroshi Watanabe

ChocoPro #100 could best be described as bittersweet for Best Bros. While they were successful in retaining the Asia Dream Tag Team Titles on Day One, Day Two didn’t yield the same fortune. Not only did Mei Suruga fall to current TJPW star Mizuki, but Akki lost in the Super Asia Title main event to Minoru Fujita. Simply put, Best Bros took with the good with the bad. However, ChocoPro #101 will mark a new beginning for Suruga and Akki, as they enter this show’s main event to take on a team looking to give their guests a welcome they won’t soon forget.

On this episode, Best Bros will battle the duo of Tetsuya Izuchi and Raimu Imai. Alongside Kanehira, Izuchi serves as one half of the HEAT-UP Universal Tag Team Champions; they won the titles in a tournament final match against Hide Kubota and Kenichiro Arai. Armed with a vicious German suplex, Izuchi is a legitimate fighter as well, having trained in jiu-jitsu. Teaming with Izuchi, on ChocoPro #101, will be Hiroshi Watanabe, a veteran wrestler in HEAT-UP and throughout Japan. Prior to this, he was a trainee under New Japan Pro Wrestling, developing a more traditional approach to professional wrestling. Boasting a devastating backdrop, Watanabe is a strong partner for Izuchi as they prepare to take on Best Bros.

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Apr 2, 2021

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Starts in an hour!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
REAL RING CHOCOPRO

Let's go!!!!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Rin Rin just manhandling Sakura

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Emi Sakura vs. Matt Jackson. Nothing but lower back targeting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This tag is going to be so hot