Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Gone now, because of Millennials :911::yeshaha::911:

Lots of wines are produced from fruit other than grapes. You never hear about them because they don't fall into the same categories as grape wines. Like a dog breed that isn't in the agreed upon list for show quality.

I have a degree in winemaking.

This is very true, but grape wine is indeed made in every American state, as another goon mentioned above. (although CA makes some 85% of the US wine output.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'd rather have a nice country wine than the pineapple catpiss that comes out of non-traditional wine climates.

Sometimes the stars align in the great lakes or east coast and there's a vintage that rises to the very most average of wine the likes of that coming from climates made for it.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Bar Ran Dun posted:

Ehh meant cheese.

There is a reason that WI has the best cheese too, CA and NY. The basing point for milk prices is Eau Claire. The further one is from Eau Claire the more ones milk sells for by law. CA and NY have never let this be changed and it would take a law to change.

So milk is cheaper to buy in WI but the farmers can’t make as much money as farmers in CA and NY selling it. Hence the cheese value add.

This sounds like one of those ancien regime laws that stipulated certain towns couldn't be taxed because a saint was born there half a millenia ago

Not knocking WI, just seems to be extremely archaic legal practice

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
My favorite wine americana is a north american wine pest so thoroughly decimated european wine production in the 19th century that just about every old world wine had to be grafted onto resistant north american roots causing a crisis of identity for appellation obsessed french and italians that exists to this day. Its only champagne when it is champagnese grapes grafted onto american roots planted in champagnese soil, everything else is sparkling wine.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

zedprime posted:

I'd rather have a nice country wine than the pineapple catpiss that comes out of non-traditional wine climates.

Sometimes the stars align in the great lakes or east coast and there's a vintage that rises to the very most average of wine the likes of that coming from climates made for it.

wine loving sucks

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Dreddout posted:

Not knocking WI, just seems to be extremely archaic legal practice

1930’s it was a depression response. Milk prices collapsed and farmers were going bankrupt. Most of the milk over production was coming from WI. Hence doing the basing from there to discourage WI production. Then CA and NY just never let it be reversed.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Milo and POTUS posted:

wine loving sucks

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

The worst hangover I ever had was from chugging a single bottle of Night Train. And this was during a period of my life when I was a raging alcoholic and routinely drank 3-4 40oz. bottles of Steel Reserve/Camo/St. ides malt liquor every night.

Night Train is a mean wine.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
natural flavoring means petroleum distillates derived from corn instead of petroleum

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

I've never had either of those, but my first memory of getting so underage drunk I puked my guts out in a bush involved MD 20/20 "banana red" version, whatever the gently caress that was supposed to be

About to head to the grocery store where they somehow still sell that stuff, though I haven't had it in nearly 2 decades. Would be lying if I said this memory didn't stir up the barest temptation... :unsmigghh:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Can confirm that Night Train will gently caress you up. And it’s not even just the high ABV. There’s just something about it that makes you very drunk and angry.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYl_YzcJMKU

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
I've had Night Train and Cisco and poo poo but nothing will ever beat the original 4loko that they made with crack in it

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I've had Night Train and Cisco and poo poo but nothing will ever beat the original 4loko that they made with crack in it

Wild Turkey 101 will do the trick also
Or Old Grand Dad if you’re nasty

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

if you ever discovered an old intact cache of original 4loko you would become very wealthy i think. it would be like finding spanish gold in a shipwreck.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Flag on the moon.

How did it get there?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I never had 4loko, but drinking original Sparks was an...unsettling experience, in a way that a Red Bull and vodka was not, for some reason.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

flesh dance posted:

I've never had either of those, but my first memory of getting so underage drunk I puked my guts out in a bush involved MD 20/20 "banana red" version, whatever the gently caress that was supposed to be

About to head to the grocery store where they somehow still sell that stuff, though I haven't had it in nearly 2 decades. Would be lying if I said this memory didn't stir up the barest temptation... :unsmigghh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9kF27wqzac
An unemployed sommelier who goes on Youtube and reviews terrible alcoholic beverages.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

uber_stoat posted:

if you ever discovered an old intact cache of original 4loko you would become very wealthy i think. it would be like finding spanish gold in a shipwreck.

If I ever found one of those, a quaalude, or an OC80 I would get it encased in resin and display it on my mantle

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

flesh dance posted:

My first real experience with alcohol was buying MD 20/20s with my friend (per her suggestion), pouring them into Big Gulp cups, and walking around my hood. It was like 100F out. We got green apple.

That was 15 years ago. I can still taste it and feel the fatigue it caused me. I haven't really drank since.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Knot My President! posted:

My first real experience with alcohol was buying MD 20/20s with my friend (per her suggestion), pouring them into Big Gulp cups, and walking around my hood. It was like 100F out. We got green apple.

That was 15 years ago. I can still taste it and feel the fatigue it caused me. I haven't really drank since.

Yeah it’s not quite a salve. :shrug:

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

I remember the last time I got drunk on the original 4loko. I wrestled my roommate in a river, immediately threw up afterwards, and then blacked out.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Milo and POTUS posted:

wine loving sucks

I loving suck (back bottles of wine).

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

That is one of the most saddest images I've seen in a long while.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

Was gravychat taking place in this thread?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I’m so confused now. Tomato gravy?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Honky Tonk Man looking good

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
no garlic?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Dear Watson posted:

eyyyyyy Madone!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Dear Watson posted:

Referring to various tomato based (meat or meatless) thickened sauces as gravy is an Italian thing.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

It was weird to me too because they had like 4 different kinds of sauce, but that one was the gravy.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Italians use gravy and sauce in varied ways but I am guessing Michaels calls that one preparation "home style gravy" because it is a classic base for Sunday Gravy (which is a whole other topic, and most Sunday Gravy that I have had includes meat, there's a good chance you are meant to include your own fresh Italian sausage), whereas Arrabbiata is more of a spicy/garlic style.

That being said I'm sure an Italian would punch me in the face for that explanation because no one really agrees on the terminology. But I would put money on that being the most likely explanation.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Aardvark! posted:

no garlic?

Marcella Hazan doesn't call for garlic in her sauce.

(lol)

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Tomato sauce with no garlic sounds stupid :colbert:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
imagine not adding garlic to everything lmao get that poo poo outta my face

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

This fills me with a profound sense of sadness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

imagine not adding garlic to everything lmao get that poo poo outta my face

Word. :coal: