Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

That is what the they say. The only thing we're actually short on is nurses, and since most of our nurses are retiring rather than separating they actually do get shitloads of terminal, lol.

Well its not personal, they hosed everyone else who didn't retire the same way. They only get 48 more hours of shift work out me, and I'm most likely going to spend most of that time doing pullups in the back with the prior enlisted Marine nurse I usually work with and making my little sister's website than doing anything productive, so jokes on them!

Out of curiosity, how much leave do you have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Valley Stared
Nov 4, 2009

Hekk posted:

I've been retired two months now. Last week I had a corpsman from Camp Pendleton call me up and remind me I need to do my annual PHA. I told her I was 2300 miles from there so I probably wasn't going to make the appointment.

Um, excuse me, that just sounds like a lack of effort there on your part. Sure, you might be retired, but even so. You should be making that appointment!

Ceric, congratulations on making Chief! Better get that coffee mug properly seasoned now.

And gently caress your CO, SMEGMA_MAIL. Sure, it's their right to not authorize terminal, but really? I'm glad that you've already found more productive ways to spend your last few shifts.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Godholio posted:

Out of curiosity, how much leave do you have?

About 40 days.

The Valley Stared posted:

Um, excuse me, that just sounds like a lack of effort there on your part. Sure, you might be retired, but even so. You should be making that appointment!

Ceric, congratulations on making Chief! Better get that coffee mug properly seasoned now.

And gently caress your CO, SMEGMA_MAIL. Sure, it's their right to not authorize terminal, but really? I'm glad that you've already found more productive ways to spend your last few shifts.

Thanks!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
After spending huge money to get dets pushed out during a pandemic my old unit is now...calling dets back in to main body due to the pandemic. Seabees!

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

So it seems like our command is REALLY mad about early outs. My new LPO said that master chief kicked back my EP separation eval and EOT award.

I’m not even slightly mad about it, because I know given the level of spite the crusade means that we’re living rent free in his head and I’m finally one week and three more shifts away from freedom. I feel joy knowing that this dude will keep being a bitter weirdo long after I’ve forgotten about him.

Like how does he think I’d care? My LPO seemed worried that’d it would be pissed but I just feel like this strange satisfaction that this is the best they could do and like, I’m getting out, it doesn’t matter.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 23, 2021

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Getting out of the Navy really seems to offend some people.

Congrats on getting out! (almost)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

It's really weird the Navy has a climate that drives motivated, intelligent individuals out the door after their first contract. Really confusing stuff.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

So it seems like our command is REALLY mad about early outs. My new LPO said that master chief kicked back my EP separation eval and EOT award.

I’m not even slightly mad about it, because I know given the level of spite the crusade means that we’re living rent free in his head and I’m finally one week and three more shifts away from freedom. I feel joy knowing that this dude will keep being a bitter weirdo long after I’ve forgotten about him.

Like how does he think I’d care? My LPO seemed worried that’d it would be pissed but I just feel like this strange satisfaction that this is the best they could do and like, I’m getting out, it doesn’t matter.

Would it be worthwhile dropping an IG complaint and a Congressional on your way out the door? Y'know, like farting in an elevator on your way out?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Your MC sounds like a prick.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

McNally posted:

Would it be worthwhile dropping an IG complaint and a Congressional on your way out the door? Y'know, like farting in an elevator on your way out?

The Navy really doesn't give a drat about IG complaints, or maybe they just don't care about them in the NCF.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

McNally posted:

Maybe congressman. IG I doubt gives a poo poo since it’s nothing remotely illegal just staggeringly dumb and petty.

On the upside I’ve discovered that I’m apparently not even allowed to do patient care anymore because my access to our charting system has been revoked based upon my scheduled terminal leave dates.

My immediate chain which used to the problem actually feels bad so I think I’m probably just gonna end up doing phone musters or something like that.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Mar 23, 2021

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Maybe congressman. IG I doubt gives a poo poo since it’s nothing remotely illegal just staggeringly dumb and petty.

This may be NCF-centric, but they didn't care about illegal, either.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Either way I’m waiting until I’m 100% safe after my last date before I do anything if they’re this mad about... something?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
The more you escalate the more of a problem it becomes for them.

Tell your LPO to tell your LCPO to tell the MC that you do not understand revoking you’re EOT award and will be contacting Captain/squadron IG/base IG/ congresscritter because of the harassment.

No seriously.

They’ll keep being assholes until someone bigger than them tells them to stop.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

This again may be NCF-centric, but the Congress-people didn't care either.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

M_Gargantua posted:

The more you escalate the more of a problem it becomes for them.

Tell your LPO to tell your LCPO to tell the MC that you do not understand revoking you’re EOT award and will be contacting Captain/squadron IG/base IG/ congresscritter because of the harassment.

No seriously.

They’ll keep being assholes until someone bigger than them tells them to stop.

Sure maybe. Or I get called into legal and find out I’m pending legal hold because they think I went to a gym a month ago or whatever. It’s just not worth it until they can’t touch me.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

maffew buildings posted:

This again may be NCF-centric, but the Congress-people didn't care either.

maffew buildings posted:

This may be NCF-centric, but they didn't care about illegal, either.

maffew buildings posted:

The Navy really doesn't give a drat about IG complaints, or maybe they just don't care about them in the NCF.

heh

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I did make one IG complaint about the HM a school years ago making the students, who don’t get BAS, buy their breakfast and lunch while out in clinical and not providing compensation in cash or boxed lunches and yup they’re still doing it so I imagine the the IG is about as functional as the rest of the Navy when it comes to matters that impact junior enlisted sailors.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Not that it matters much to you specifically, but one of my COs used retirement and separation evals to get his RSCA down so that any 4.Xs he gave sailors would really mean something. What's a 2.0 eval going to do to a guy getting out? Nothing.

The write-ups were phenomenal, but the numbers were just him gaming the math.

Now kicking back an EOT? That's just petty.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

always request mast

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Get out and live your best life. No one will ever ask to see your end of tours, or evals, or whatever. At least in my experience. All that will matter is interviews and schools and training.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Get out and live your best life. No one will ever ask to see your end of tours, or evals, or whatever. At least in my experience. All that will matter is interviews and schools and training.

That’s what’s funny, I don’t know why he think it would upset me. It like as a master chief, lmao why.

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Not that it matters much to you specifically, but one of my COs used retirement and separation evals to get his RSCA down so that any 4.Xs he gave sailors would really mean something. What's a 2.0 eval going to do to a guy getting out? Nothing.

The write-ups were phenomenal, but the numbers were just him gaming the math.

Now kicking back an EOT? That's just petty.

Yeah that makes sense, I’m not really sure why they wanted to give me an EP now except I think they feel bad about not giving me one last year?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Did the Evergreens stepbrother show up yet to help it get unstuck?

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Okay but for real this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsOPHyuAuT0

I'm currently """at work""" but I'm not allowed to do patient care since I have no computer access since as far as the IMD is concerned I'm a civilian. I'm pretty much just using this as an excuse to lock myself in a empty hospital room and do homework without distractions.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Mar 28, 2021

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Okay but for real this time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsOPHyuAuT0

I'm currently """at work""" but I'm not allowed to do patient care since I have no computer access since as far as the IMD is concerned I'm a civilian. I'm pretty much just using this as an excuse to lock myself in a empty hospital room and do homework without distractions.

I'd go pester the MasterChief. What's he gonna do? Make you work?

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Crab Dad posted:

I'd go pester the MasterChief. What's he gonna do? Make you work?

For real. That poo poo sounds absolutely stupidly miserable. I always gave anyone that wasn't a total fuckup AT LEAST 2 weeks before their last day to go gently caress off. I'd give a month if I could spare them that long.

This paid me way more dividends than it cost me since everyone saw that being somewhat useful got them far more time off than being a pain in the rear end. Everyone worked together and we were all happier.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Mar 28, 2021

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

His master chief was the first person to say no to his terminal leave request.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

His master chief was the first person to say no to his terminal leave request.

Yes. Waste his time with stupid question then hang around his office. Eat lunch right in front of it. Read a book. Do your taxes. When he finally asks why he’s there explain to him.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Crab Dad posted:

Yes. Waste his time with stupid question then hang around his office. Eat lunch right in front of it. Read a book. Do your taxes. When he finally asks why he’s there explain to him.

Or just do what he is doing where he can get homework done, isn't do hospital work, and only have a few shifts left until he is done and can move on

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Hah, I just saw the name change.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Nick Soapdish posted:

Or just do what he is doing where he can get homework done, isn't do hospital work, and only have a few shifts left until he is done and can move on

That’s simply too reasonable and no fun.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Crab Dad posted:

That’s simply too reasonable and no fun.

You should always be passive aggressively mind loving the toxic people around you. Or just aggressively, either way

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

That's a lot of suggestions from people who should know better about engaging a Master Chief when we know how far those idiots are willing to go to utterly and totally gently caress with someone for the most petty reasons.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

US Berder Patrol fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Feb 18, 2022

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I mean, calm and reasonable is the smart thing to do, but it's fun to suggest loving with the shithead MC.

I recommend making GBS threads in his desk drawer, personally.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Elviscat posted:

I mean, calm and reasonable is the smart thing to do, but it's fun to suggest loving with the shithead MC.

Is it really?

There are plenty of ways for this to backfire shittily.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Elviscat posted:

Pick a drawer he doesn't open often, bonus points if you can lock it and throw the key away.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Elviscat posted:

FrozenVent posted:

Pick a drawer he doesn't open often, bonus points if you can lock it and throw the key away.

Ah the phantom sitter strikes again. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I just dipped after an hour and then came back and bought all the HNs working this weekend pizza, then spent the rest of the day working out and playing video games so I can’t complain tbh.

It’s kinda nice now because if someone asks me why I’m not doing patient care or out on the floor (or in the building) I can say one officer said I’m not supposed to and if some asks why I’m still scheduled for shift work and not admin work I can say the other officer said I need to still be helping out the ward.