Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

drat, the series finale of TNG was so good...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Fishstick posted:

Shran is the best part of Enterprise. Give me a star trek series where every character is played by Jeffrey Combs in different makeup

Yes plz

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's all in the delivery of "Pinkskin"

Mayweather: "You know, I'm standing RIGHT HERE!"

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Drewsky posted:

it really is great isnt it

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
No it sucks. Picard doesn’t fist fight Q or shoot anyone.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i am locutus of borg, do you feel lucky, punk?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Epicurius posted:

Mayweather: "You know, I'm standing RIGHT HERE!"

No he wasn't. Mayweather didn't get to be in scenes.

Drewsky
Dec 29, 2010

GolfHole posted:

it really is great isnt it

Yeah, dude.

I think my girlfriend and I started it in the late summertime last year, and would watch one or two before bed every night. I really don’t think I could have asked for a better comfort show as a lullaby through the fall-winter Covid season. I’m going to miss it. The show not covid season.

Onto DS9 babayyy

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

sweet geek swag posted:

No he wasn't. Mayweather didn't get to be in scenes.

Did he honestly do anything after the episode about his father's freighter?

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Blistex posted:

Breaks his leg in a cave the very next episode.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Drewsky posted:

Onto DS9 babayyy

Have fun going to bed stressed out once in a while.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Drewsky posted:

lol, there isn't enough weeping or explosions to be 'real' Star Trek.

e:sheer loving hubris.

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Blistex posted:

He tricked Hoshi off screen into trying to communicate with jello that he told her was a gelatinous life form

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think he got seduced by possibly a section 31 lady but declined to give her any information.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, i'm sure he told her about his family's freighter. so really it should be 'any information that a single living person would be even slightly interested in'.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

well, i'm sure he told her about his family's freighter. so really it should be 'any information that a single living person would be even slightly interested in'.

Hey... Did you hear Mayweather's family own a space freighter? And that he practically spent his whole life in space, he knows basically everything about living on a space ship... also spelunking.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Ensign Travis Mayweather: *dies immediately in opening scene of episode*

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

loving boomers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Hey Ensign Mayweather; It's outside your role and responsibilities but can you go have a look at this not-at-all-suspicious random panel in the Launch Bay, which you were specifically told is off-limits for the moment during ship-wide repairs? Thanks!

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I loved how in the episode where Mayweather got possessed by an Organian, Trip immediately knew something was wrong when Travis suddenly had more lines than the previous three episodes combined lol

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ghostlight posted:

loving boomers.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
So are the Remans their own species or are they supposed to just be another offshoot of Vulcans? Cuz those monster faces.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

My impression is that they were supposed to be the indigenous people of the system the Romulans settled in after they left Vulcan (based on the three lines of dialogue explaining why that dumb movie had nosferatu in it)

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Gutcruncher posted:

So are the Remans their own species or are they supposed to just be another offshoot of Vulcans? Cuz those monster faces.

They're offshoots of the Etruscans

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They’re also Klingons

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they are an entire race of hosed up picard clones. time travel was probably involved.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

in 2002 Bat Boy of Weekly World News fame left our solar system, went through a black hole, and his seed lee to his Reman progeny. Source:

"Bat Boy to Fly Space Shuttle" by Deuce Collins, September 23, 2003, pp. 30–31. Weekly World News.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

This is also why Remans want to conquer earth. Bat Boy was frequently persecuted by the U.S. government in particular.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

they are an entire race of hosed up picard clones. time travel was probably involved.

This but somehow they’re also all :spock:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

HD DAD posted:

This but somehow they’re also all :spock:

To go by stupid disco, they'd all be spocks's brother/sister.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Big Spock was unstable and fragmented and the pieces grew up to be Remans

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

CainFortea posted:

To go by stupid disco, they'd all be spocks's brother/sister.

Disco is like the episode of TNG where they discovered a dead race seeded all the major species of the alpha quadrant, except it's just Sarek nutting and adoption his way across known space.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Oh god, on a whim I searched for 'star trek' on Aliexpress RIP my wallet

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...earchweb201603_

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

linda looks, uh... troubled

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

rewatching the opening of ds9 s6 again, aka the "odo you loving fascist" arc

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
Haters gonna hate, but I appreciate me some Star Trek Disco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wHccUE-5mU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
disco mccoy had the best look in the entire franchise.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Vulcan Isolationists are after the ultimate weapon! A slow, bulky hand phaser that only works on angry people

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

Splicer posted:

Vulcan Isolationists are after the ultimate weapon! A slow, bulky hand phaser that only works on angry people

To be fair, Vulcans were real angry back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Tucheetos
May 15, 2012

So a couple weeks ago I started watching watching TOS. I've seen episodes before but I haven't ever just sat down and watched them. Today I finally reached Space Seed and a couple of things jumped out at me. One is that Chekov doesn't show up at all in season 1. Two is that the writers of Wrath of Khan did a stand up job making a rather forgettable episode into perhaps the best star trek outside a few key episodes. I'm currently looking forward to Mirror, Mirror and The Doomsday Machine.