Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
A couple of weeks ago a hotelier was found guilty of discriminating against people with traditionally Mincieri and Romani names and the only impact was White British™ people joking they wouldn't be allowed in the hotels either.

Odds are those people also voted for the party that brought in the awful policing bill that, amongst other stuff, effectively criminalises nomadism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

It's just the default Excel spat at him when he realized that maybe that's be useful info.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think they literally campaigned during the election on "cracking down" on travellers.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Karia posted:

Why would you ever need that many decimals on an r^2 value? I am rather unclear on how sig fig propogation to r^2 works, but I'm still pretty sure nobody's sitting around going "hmm, you've got a 0.14364, that's ok but if you could bring that up to a 0.14366 then we'd really be talking."
Because that's what came out of their visualization software is the specific idea. But more generally the visualization software at default settings spits it out ridiculously far because as a measure there are important differences in a .9900, .9990, and .9999 fit and depending on the body of work on what you're dealing with you need an absolute ton of 9s for your regression to be taken seriously.

Once you see that first digit 1 you can politely throw the graph away though.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

zedprime posted:

Because that's what came out of their visualization software is the specific idea. But more generally the visualization software at default settings spits it out ridiculously far because as a measure there are important differences in a .9900, .9990, and .9999 fit and depending on the body of work on what you're dealing with you need an absolute ton of 9s for your regression to be taken seriously.

i don't know gently caress all about statistics, but it seems to me that if the difference between .999 and .9999 is important, you should be using more sophisticated methods than R^2

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Antigravitas posted:

Quark is on that chart, that's how I know it's legit.

e: Of course it was made by a German…who else.

e2: That user also made this insanity (note: 2008 data)

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Mitglieder_in_Europaeischen_Organisationen.svg

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I've seen the same style chart as milk tech tree in a product explanation for a dairy company so either this mad german is on the payroll of big dairy or else the reason the dairy chart is readable and the other isn't is because it's an open source copy of a primary source and the european venn diagram is home grown.

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

Nenonen posted:

I didn't think Finnish Air Force 1918-1944 was that focused on gypsies, huh.

They had at least one

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
That second chart is unreadable because trying to put the agreements in Europe in one chart is a completely mad undertaking. A few are even missing. Like, i haven't found the Nordic Council on it.

Very similar charts exist in official EU publications, they just feature fewer agreements.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Memento posted:

And yet you published it.

So that's very dumb, but check out this einstein in the replies

https://twitter.com/TheCyberSmith/status/1374084442105516044

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

A most beautiful and perfect twitter post :allears:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh, that's just human pet guy. Tweet kung pow penis at him and he'll go away

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

flavor.flv posted:

Oh, that's just human pet guy. Tweet kung pow penis at him and he'll go away

I thought kung pow penis was the code to make a different tumblr idiot go away. Trillizard I want to say?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

:allears:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

zedprime posted:

Having good enough data so your software rounds the displayed p value to 1.0 is fun though.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug

Tunicate posted:

Having good enough data so your software rounds the displayed p value to 1.0 is fun though.
:raise:

Tunicate posted:

good enough data

Tunicate posted:

p value to 1.0
so is your null hypothesis what you're actually hoping to establish? That can be perfectly valid, and I'm more or less on board with flipping the convention, but as-is, usually H0 is something like "there is no difference in this measure between these two groups" which you intend to show is not true, so the P-value is with respect to your observed data D as P(D | H0)

(or are you being sarcastic, I really can't tell)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

There’s nothing mechanically wrong with this graph. It just reminds me of Itanium sales projections.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Platystemon posted:

There’s nothing mechanically wrong with this graph. It just reminds me of Itanium sales projections.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

I thought "oh this is out of date what if it got better" I'm phone posting, so I can't share, but did you know that lines can go straight down?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lysidas posted:

:raise:

so is your null hypothesis what you're actually hoping to establish? That can be perfectly valid, and I'm more or less on board with flipping the convention, but as-is, usually H0 is something like "there is no difference in this measure between these two groups" which you intend to show is not true, so the P-value is with respect to your observed data D as P(D | H0)

(or are you being sarcastic, I really can't tell)
It's fun in the "fun and exciting data processing fuckups" sense.

Turns out if all your data points are identical everything is great!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I always mentally think of the gap between the projected and the actual as the obr angle lol.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
God i love how they always put in a bit of a squiggle at the beginning of their "predictions" to make it seem more plausible. Can't "predict" just a straight line up! No one would believe that!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Shai-Hulud posted:

God i love how they always put in a bit of a squiggle at the beginning of their "predictions" to make it seem more plausible. Can't "predict" just a straight line up! No one would believe that!

That's normal forecasting. Put in super specific number for 5 years (or months or whatever), then slap on a trend after that.

I did it for 3 years for a pretty respected multinational agency and if it's 'market research' style predictions its basically numerology and guesswork and Q level pattern sensing wrapped up in a veneer of sciency sounding economic bullshit. I'm guessing this is exactly the same but even more biased than whatever I was seeing.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Outrail posted:

in a veneer of sciency sounding economic bullshit

I've got bad news about literally 95% of everything in the field of economics

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
https://mobile.twitter.com/MANewhall/status/1371620300106911746

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
time cube rear end lookin' motherfucker

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

What the gently caress? I'd better go to the site linked for more information.

quote:

Here is the non-political axis version 3.0. Changes include:

-Preferred rights are grouped as they typically are by left/right in Hegelian Dialectics.
-Areas of likely waste are greyed out toward anarchy. (sources include commons tragedy, foreign states, natural disaster) Waste (top) and corruption (bottom) are often conflated in political debate.
-Capitalism’s center is now marked for illustrative purposes. It is always between liberty and metrics, and freedom and investment. If it’s somewhere else, it’s something else.

Are these... patch notes??? Uhhm. Maybe I should read the FAQ.

quote:

Is there a core theory?

Yes. That psychopaths display a subset of behavior of non-psychopaths (aka: empaths) This is easily provable with just a thought experiment, just not very popular yet.

Are you a psychopath?

No.

That said, It is difficult and dangerous to try and diagnose psychopathy from a distance. In a low information environment a psychopath might use Alinsky’s, ‘accuse your enemy of that which you are guilty.’ as a way to project and deflect accusations. I am aiming not only to make the civgene site a high information site but the highest information site possible. In access to ideas, coherent counter arguments, and the ability to drill down to more detail if you are interested. This type of written text structure is probably the best you can do to avoid being manipulated.

O_o

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dangerous ideas, in the sense that I feel like I am looking at a thing designed by the scp foundation to kill people who look at it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Oh, so cancel culture leads to genocide, huh? We'll see about that. I'm cancelling genocide!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Friendship or freedom, you can only choose one

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

It's like someone saw the horseshoe theory and wanted to improve on it and lost their minds.

Order of the above is negotiable.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
wait global war comes after abolishing all borders?!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

mods please rename me to Communinst Macguffin

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

wait global war comes after abolishing all borders?!

Militaires Sans Frontieres

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Phy posted:

Militaires Sans Frontieres

Utopia Sans Psychopathy

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Jeux sans frontières?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also what loving kind of spectrum goes "currency focused, justice, friendship, freedom, investment, property focused"

Like show me the loving line that goes between those things.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Also what loving kind of spectrum goes "currency focused, justice, friendship, freedom, investment, property focused"

Like show me the loving line that goes between those things.

It's a curved line that ends up near where it starts, similar to horseshoe theory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

???