Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It'd be incredibly out of character at that point for Laura and Logan to not burn the entire loving island down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Diet Poison posted:

Between stuff happening in New Mutants and this text page of Cable, if they're building up to killing Gabby then I'm building up to burning down Marvel HQ.
Besides, if she was a "duplicate" of Laura she would have the same number of claws, so there. Ipso facto, gently caress off, she stays forever.

No one said she's a duplicate of Laura, she's missing a claw and they hosed with her genes. Though that might be why they sent Laura on a suicide mission that they couldn't reliably bring her back from so that they could send Gabby on suicide missions and bring her back.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I mean even the mere idea that someone isn't a viable person to bring back because they're a clone speaks fuckin' awful about the place considering that their entire concept of revival is super-cloning and even before that a not-insignificant portion of the population were probably some version of clone/alternate dimension duplicate.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ImpAtom posted:

I mean even the mere idea that someone isn't a viable person to bring back because they're a clone speaks fuckin' awful about the place considering that their entire concept of revival is super-cloning and even before that a not-insignificant portion of the population were probably some version of clone/alternate dimension duplicate.
It's a weird idea, even if I could see them working out some regulation or other to avoid someone whose name rhymes with Bathaniel Bessex clogging up the queue.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think that's Lucifer in the previews. Plus how could you resist Nightcrawler vs a guy named Lucifer?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

The villain looks like an owl to me. Finally, Bob Layton's X-Factor can be finished!

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
You know I think this mutant nation has been poorly thought out, inconsistently managed, and might be heading for a serious upheaval at some point.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
please announce moira x/apocalypse war/exiles soon. cancel x-corp for one or something

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Don’t try and cancel my attractive, rich mutants that turn into monsters book before it even comes out!

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

Quotey posted:

please announce moira x/apocalypse war/exiles soon. cancel x-corp for one or something

The last 20ish months have been overwhelmingly good but if I don't get the Moira book I may tweet angrily or something.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Holy poo poo X-Men.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Glad Laura is back and it's nice that Synch is getting some moments after being dead for so long.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah so did I interpret that correctly? They atomized Darwin and used those atoms to allow a 4th evolution stage to happen? I knew it wasn't going to be a happy ending but drat.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010
I think they may have hosed up by using Darwin. His powers let him survive anything and they can get pretty abstract (like turning him into a Norse death god). If they realize that the resurrection protocols exist, meaning Darwin will survive regardless of what happens to his current body, and that the Children of the Vault are a threat to his continued survival...

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Wouldn't the new Laura have no recall of her life in the Vault? Kind of puts a damper on the bit at the end if so.

Cool issue though! The timelines were an interesting story telling device.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Wouldn't the new Laura have no recall of her life in the Vault? Kind of puts a damper on the bit at the end if so.

That's kind of the point. That shot mirrors the one from the last issue, where they first met.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

That's kind of the point. That shot mirrors the one from the last issue, where they first met.

Ah, I guess I just wouldn't be as cheerful in that situation.

I should probably trade wait because my memory for details is terrible but I'm not patient enough.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Laura's easily my favorite character but god drat. I coulda stood for that to be 5 issues long and get a whole trade out of it. And people say comics are too decompressed these days. I had been wondering this whole time whether they were going to come out of this situation with memory intact and completely changed as people or not... and how unbelievably sad is that, how it played out. I like that he's smiling in the last panel, though, and I really hope this goes somewhere.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
To be honest, I also kind of would have liked for this to take more than 2 issues.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah so did I interpret that correctly? They atomized Darwin and used those atoms to allow a 4th evolution stage to happen? I knew it wasn't going to be a happy ending but drat.

I read it as them continually atomizing Darwin to force him to evolve, and studying the process to improve their own evolution. Of course, once they achieved that, they would have killed him off.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Ah, I guess I just wouldn't be as cheerful in that situation.

It's supposed to be a bittersweet moment. Definitely sad that she doesn't remember, but her reaction shows she's the same person he fell in love with, and thus hope.

I agree a few more issue would have been cool. Imagine if they had sprinkled this story in between the previous issues, with each new issue highlighting the massive time jumps.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

How did no one post that the complete Summers family tree (alternate realities, including) has finally been revealed this week!?

from X-Men Legends #02 (2021)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

How did no one post that the complete Summers family tree (alternate realities, including) has finally been revealed this week!?

I don't think I've ever heard of Ruby Summers before, what books does she show up in?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Skwirl posted:

I don't think I've ever heard of Ruby Summers before, what books does she show up in?

X-Factor

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

X-Factor circa 2008, specifically

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

danbanana posted:

The last 20ish months have been overwhelmingly good but if I don't get the Moira book I may tweet angrily or something.

Hickman and Jordan White have pretty much confirmed in interviews that it's no longer happening, unfortunately. guessing they ultimately decided that it treaded on territory better covered in other X-books, but it would be easier to stomach that if the Moira subplot were picked up again, y'know, at all

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ruby is a fun character too. I hope she shows up again.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

X-Factor circa 2008, specifically

Gotta re-up my Marvel Unlimited I guess.

That's the one with Multiple Man, right?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Skwirl posted:

Also featuring ancient cyborg Cyclops.

X-Factor #042 and #044 (2009)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Anybody know some coupon codes for Marvel Unlimited, because I want to read this.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

'Jenskot' always gives me a chuckle.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Seems unfair for Jean's sister not to at least get to show up.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Seems unfair for Jean's sister not to at least get to show up.

She's not a mutant!

Also Alex is really slacking. Scott has four kids of varying nature running around, and a clone of one of them too. Alex has squat.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Barry Convex posted:

Hickman and Jordan White have pretty much confirmed in interviews that it's no longer happening, unfortunately. guessing they ultimately decided that it treaded on territory better covered in other X-books, but it would be easier to stomach that if the Moira subplot were picked up again, y'know, at all

My kingdom for another single panel. I’ll even read Excalibur for it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is Madrox doing anything lately?

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

Saoshyant posted:

*googles character*

*looks again at chart*

Oh, I get it, the line's meant to go under the portrait, and Ruby's the daughter of Emma Frost and Cyclops, not Emma Frost and Madelyn.

Well that's a lot less interesting...

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Angry Salami posted:

*googles character*

*looks again at chart*

Oh, I get it, the line's meant to go under the portrait, and Ruby's the daughter of Emma Frost and Cyclops, not Emma Frost and Madelyn.

Well that's a lot less interesting...

Lmao I read the chart the same way as you

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

She's not a mutant!

Also Alex is really slacking. Scott has four kids of varying nature running around, and a clone of one of them too. Alex has squat.

At least some of that is on Polaris.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
didn't alex have a kid with the wasp in some weird time travel thing? you know, keeping up the family tradition.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I think only you and Remender remember that. But the kid was a human and also probably erased from existence so eh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I actually liked Jan and Alex together.