Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
im going to costco in the AM or maybe for lunch. i want one of those hue kits. i would like to get more than 3 bulbs but i guess ill try the kit first. also need dog food (for my dogs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

If they’re on sale, it’s cheaper to buy two hue kits and just not use the second hub

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Halbey posted:

I call the chicken bakes Chickin Stixx™ and that makes it taste better. Try that out next time everyone.

I call them chicken breads, Like pizza breads, but with chicken inside.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Called the cops on Costco today because they were selling 5 lbs of safe-to-eat cookie dough for $4

Got my own tub first though

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
It's bachelor week here so I got myself an enchilada bake and I'm looking forward to this for dinner all week.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
The ravioli lasagna was great, but I also spooned about half a jar of rao's sauce on it since I like it saucy. Rao's from Costco as well, of course, and a little Costco pecorino romano on top. Ended up being about 4 enormous meals

Edit: if you add more sauce like me, definitely put it on a sheet tray with some foil, it will bubble over a bit

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
wtf is “bachelor week”

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's when the new season of the bachelor premiers and you're too busy watching to cook for yourself

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

It's when the new season of the bachelor premiers and you're too busy watching to cook for yourself

eww

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

bird with big dick posted:

costcode more like costscrode

:stare:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I got some costco chili in the coolers near the rotisserie chicken last time I went and.. it's not that great.. There's freakin CORN in it :wtc:

Nobody in my family will eat it so I'm freezing the remainder in the hopes I am hungry and lazy enough to just microwave it for a meal at a later date.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

priznat posted:

I got some costco chili in the coolers near the rotisserie chicken last time I went and.. it's not that great.. There's freakin CORN in it :wtc:

Nobody in my family will eat it so I'm freezing the remainder in the hopes I am hungry and lazy enough to just microwave it for a meal at a later date.

lol I’m very far from a chili Puritan but corn? Outside of maybe an entirely vegetarian chili that just seems bizarre.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
corn is fine

I get not liking corn in your chili (I don’t dislike it, but I guess it starts to blur the line into stew territory) but refusing to eat corn?

how do you not like corn?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
fresh corn on the cob is delightful

just floss afterwards

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
“nobody in my family will eat corn” wtf

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Roasted corn in a chili can go really well, but I'm guessing it's just plain regular ole corn.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Fallom posted:

Called the cops on Costco today because they were selling 5 lbs of safe-to-eat cookie dough for $4

Got my own tub first though

gently caress, that's dangerous

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
$400 heat
$200 electricity
$2400 mortgage
$120 internet/cable
$11000 corn
$500 car payment
$200 groceries

somebody who is good at Costco please help me, my family is dying

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Whooping Crabs posted:

gently caress, that's dangerous

And I thought that the cheese section was the dangerous part of Costco.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Ok Comboomer posted:

wtf is “bachelor week”

My wife deserted me for a girls trip to Mexico now that she's vaccinated.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Ok Comboomer posted:

$400 heat
$200 electricity
$2400 mortgage
$120 internet/cable
$11000 corn
$500 car payment
$200 groceries

somebody who is good at Costco please help me, my family is dying

you can cut your heating bill by burning corn

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

StormDrain posted:

My wife deserted me for a girls trip to Mexico now that she's vaccinated.

sex tourism is an A+ way to celebrate getting vaccinated, that’s for sure

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Naw naw the fam won't eat it not because there is corn in it but because it just isn't that good. I'm not a puritan either and I'm fine with corn but it just seemed weird to me. I've eaten about half of the tub but getting pretty sick of this substandard chili. Even my lazy rear end instant pot chili is tastier. And because I am lazy I won't be taking it back to return.

I think costco knew it sucked because it was insanely cheap, they took like $5 off at the till making the tub about $4 or so. So it's not a big deal.

Mostly I'm just disappointed by this shoddy effort from the costco kitchens, usually their stuff I get there (street tacos, gyros, beef bulgogi) are really great!

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
While we’re on the topic, a while back they opened a Whole Foods next to my office. I went over and picked up a super expensive lunch, and decided to top it off with a piece of carrot cake. The cake had tiny bits of pineapple in it. What the making GBS threads gently caress.

I know nuts can be a controversial ingredient in some carrot cakes, I don’t mind. Hell, I’ll even give raisins a pass. Pineapple tidbits from a loving can, inside my like $6 chunk of organic carrot cake? Eat poo poo, Whole Foods.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

fischtick posted:

While we’re on the topic, a while back they opened a Whole Foods next to my office. I went over and picked up a super expensive lunch, and decided to top it off with a piece of carrot cake. The cake had tiny bits of pineapple in it. What the making GBS threads gently caress.

I know nuts can be a controversial ingredient in some carrot cakes, I don’t mind. Hell, I’ll even give raisins a pass. Pineapple tidbits from a loving can, inside my like $6 chunk of organic carrot cake? Eat poo poo, Whole Foods.

Lots of carrot cakes have pineapple in them and it’s great :confused:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

fischtick posted:

Only english calls it a "pineapple" in most other languages it is called a "carrott" or "karrott"

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I put Kakarots on my pizza.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Now, carrot cake on pizza, that's the real poo poo

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

StormDrain posted:

Folks losing ribs faster than Adam.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/wildlife/2021/03/26/anchorage-costco-customers-say-ravens-are-stealing-their-groceries-in-the-parking-lot/

Link to the article.

We go to this branch every weekend. I don't think Costco appreciated the publicity because there was one raven there today when we usually see 20-30. Never has anything stolen, but they will land on your car when you're loading it up which is unsettling.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

What you gotta do is bribe one raven to be your security. They’re so smart this may be doable.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Mustard report: I was not given any issues about wanting two mustards. Still though this location doesn't have relish, onions, or kraut. 7-Eleven across the parking lot though? They have Heinz/Kraft/PPI Chopped Onions in Packets! I didn't know this until I checked today; putting Costco to shame.

Chinatown posted:

And I thought that the cheese section was the dangerous part of Costco.
The Costco I go to these days insists on stocking the fancier/traditional/whatever gouda as opposed to the Yancy's Fancy Smoked Gouda from New York. I prefer the Yancey's personally and wish they'd stock that instead, just as the location on the other side of the town does. But yes, very dangerous.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Mar 29, 2021

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just popping in to say corn in chili is good. try opening your mind to new possibilities and you might actually be surprised.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Praise be to the Optical Center and the Optometrist at your local Costco. I got two pairs of glasses (one regular, one sunglasses) that would have been $300+ before insurance and the $40 off second pair, came out to be just over $100 which was swell. I almost bought frames that I already had once, and didn't notice at first. Because honestly they're cute. Optometrist is cool too because, you can get it done right there. And he only took about 20 minutes to get through everything, real nice guy.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

thathonkey posted:

just popping in to say corn in chili is good. try opening your mind to new possibilities and you might actually be surprised.

Add that good sugary corn to all foods because it improves all.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

My buddy and I got the ground bison meat from Costco, and cooked bison burgers for the MotoGP opening race. They were amazing.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Trader Joe’s frozen roasted corn in chili is good and easy.

edit: why yes I have gas, why is that relevant?

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

picked up this camping cot this weekend:

Gotta get my car camping setup a little more "glamping" style. Now I'm thinking need a taller tent too.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Biohazard posted:

picked up this camping cot this weekend:

Gotta get my car camping setup a little more "glamping" style. Now I'm thinking need a taller tent too.

Those are weirdly comfortable. Maybe I can sleep anywhere (I can!) but that particular cot is delightful.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got set up for "glamping" this past year. I usually use a small backpacking tent, a mummy bag, and an inflatable sleeping pad and pillow but last year I got a 4 person tent, a huge air mattress, and brought my own pillow. It was awesome. I've never slept better outdoors.

I've been looking for those Cascade Mountain Tech trekking poles for the past 2 months or so at Costco but I haven't seen them in the warehouse at all. Amazon had them for $22 so I just grabbed em from there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Went in for the Bissell Crosswave and walked out with it and a giant plush Chewbacca. Would I have gotten it even without a 9month old? V possible