Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I’m just still mad they had the plot be about that stupid diamond instead of Cassandra being a human murder machine. Though, I guess that kind of plot has been done to death in movies since her character was initially introduced in the comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I very seriously doubt, if there is another Cassandra Cain in a movie, it will be based on the BoP movie version, they will probably get her wrong in a completely different way though.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Last thing I heard about BoP was that there aren't any plans for a sequel anyways

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I can't quite remember but either Birds of Prey or Little Women was the last movie I saw in a theater.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

I can't quite remember but either Birds of Prey or Little Women was the last movie I saw in a theater.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Can someone please make this avatar sized.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Skwirl posted:

The last three films I saw in the theater was Birds of Prey > Birds of Prey > Sonic the Hedgehog.

Not a bad way to wrap up the theater experience before the pandemic hit.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

site posted:

Last thing I heard about BoP was that there aren't any plans for a sequel anyways

That's a loving tragedy. No matter how much I disliked what they did to Cassandra, that was a fun movie and I need more Huntress.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Soonmot posted:

That's a loving tragedy. No matter how much I disliked what they did to Cassandra, that was a fun movie and I need more Huntress.

It's kind of weird, the character herself was fine. She just was not Cassandra Cain at all.

Someone even posted this in the past.

quote:

She has nothing in common with her in terms of backstory, personality, ethnic background, appearance, abilities, narrative function, or even age.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 29, 2021

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

There’s a Batgirls story coming up in Batman. Urban Legends that looks amazing.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
On a whim I picked up Telltale Batman. I've gotten through all of Season 1 and the first episode of Season 2. These games are hilariously goofy. It's been a total joy just streaming them on Twitch with the lads. Talking through choices and laughing at the results.

Has anyone tried the Guardians of the Galaxy one? Is it worth anything?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's fine enough.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

It's okay. I don't think I finished it.

Tales From the Borderlands is the one you want to try. Definitely TellTale at its weirdest.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

It's okay. I don't think I finished it.

Tales From the Borderlands is the one you want to try. Definitely TellTale at its weirdest.

It also feels like the best iteration of TellTale doing it's best to cover up 'the thing happens anyway regardless of your choice' and some of your choices actually stick. (Tales is my favorite TT game.)

Batman felt particularly bad about the opposite. Like you have the option to let Catwoman crash at Wayne Manor and... nothing comes of it save she leaves anyway and you don't even get a scene of her there?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Borderlands being a comedy really does help the Telltale formula go down because the difference can just be a different joke and you're fine with it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Gearbox also seems to not really have given a poo poo about what they did with the setting giving them the freedom to go wild, which ironically led to some backlash when Borderlands 3 ignored most of what it did do.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Dawgstar posted:

It also feels like the best iteration of TellTale doing it's best to cover up 'the thing happens anyway regardless of your choice' and some of your choices actually stick. (Tales is my favorite TT game.)

Batman felt particularly bad about the opposite. Like you have the option to let Catwoman crash at Wayne Manor and... nothing comes of it save she leaves anyway and you don't even get a scene of her there?

The Catwoman one was all about building a relationship with her. Except for it to really work you almost had to follow a walk through to pull it off. You needed to make a very specific set of choices to get her to want to be with you.

Meanwhile one crucial choice is save Harvey Dent from having his face melted or stop Catwoman from being shot.

And Catwoman being shot has little consequence (I don't even think it's something you have to do for the Catwoman relationship) Harvey's choice is both wide ranging and unimportant at the same time. It's a strange thing.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The Question IRL posted:

The Catwoman one was all about building a relationship with her. Except for it to really work you almost had to follow a walk through to pull it off. You needed to make a very specific set of choices to get her to want to be with you.

Meanwhile one crucial choice is save Harvey Dent from having his face melted or stop Catwoman from being shot.

And Catwoman being shot has little consequence (I don't even think it's something you have to do for the Catwoman relationship) Harvey's choice is both wide ranging and unimportant at the same time. It's a strange thing.

I believe if you save Selina is when you get the bit where she might be interested in a relationship because selflessness is attractive. I remember saving her in my playthrough because I figured Harvey was going to be Two-Face regardless which as you say is right... but not.

Haven't played the second season so I'm not sure if it's ever built on or how it tries to keep John Doe and the Joker separate.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dawgstar posted:

I believe if you save Selina is when you get the bit where she might be interested in a relationship because selflessness is attractive. I remember saving her in my playthrough because I figured Harvey was going to be Two-Face regardless which as you say is right... but not.

Haven't played the second season so I'm not sure if it's ever built on or how it tries to keep John Doe and the Joker separate.

If you are aware of Harvey and Two Face you already know how they keep John Doe and Joker separate: they do not.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
You do actually get a scene of Selina at the mansion. She just leaves immediately afterwards. Then you have one last meeting with her. I was bummed that after all that work Harvey is unscarred and he still turned heel. And they call him Two Face! That doesn't even make sense in this continuity! I should've saved Selina a bullet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SonicRulez posted:

You do actually get a scene of Selina at the mansion. She just leaves immediately afterwards. Then you have one last meeting with her. I was bummed that after all that work Harvey is unscarred and he still turned heel. And they call him Two Face! That doesn't even make sense in this continuity! I should've saved Selina a bullet.

What bothered me a little I guess is they made a big deal of Selina staying there and... it's to leave because Gotham is getting too hot. I was not expecting a house party, a pajama jammy jam, but like something would have been nice. Since the option was there that she never came I guess it made more sense to not do anything.

Telltale was basically hemorrhaging money right after the first Walking Dead game, right? That probably explains why they didn't work too hard on something not everybody was going to see for the most part.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Telltale was basically hemorrhaging money right after the first Walking Dead game, right? That probably explains why they didn't work too hard on something not everybody was going to see for the most part.

Yeah, but having choices that supposedly had consequences was one of the major selling points of the game.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Telltale's downfall had a lot more to do with a horrible work environment than lack of money.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Telltale style choice is when your dialogue options affect whether Bob is mad at you or not before he dies in the exact same way.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Aphrodite posted:

Telltale style choice is when your dialogue options affect whether Bob is mad at you or not before he dies in the exact same way.
Yeah once you went around the block a few times the agonizing choices presented in the games became less and less interesting.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

That first Walking Dead game gripped me something fierce.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

SonicRulez posted:

I actually kinda like that as some character-building for Harvey.

"What If Two-Face never got scarred? He'd still be a villain, because that's who he was. Disfigurement doesn't turn someone evil."

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Far less popular villain, though. One-Face as a name just isn't as exciting.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He was still called Two-Face cause of the split personality and large amount of backstabbing he did.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Lobok posted:

Far less popular villain, though. One-Face as a name just isn't as exciting.

Reminds me of a MAD magazine I saw when I was younger.

Batman goes to meet Gordon on a rooftop, and Gordon says that there's a new villain, and he's the strangest one yet. Goes by "One-Face".

Batman says "One-Face"? That doesn't sound all that strange.

Gordon says "Well, he's twins"

Cut to a photo of two bodies, with one large, stretched out face shared between the two of them.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Look at you all, pretending you could be dumber than DC

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Retro Futurist posted:

Look at you all, pretending you could be dumber than DC

Is he supposed to be looking at Batman or not?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Wasn't Finch writing AND drawing that book? How did he gently caress up and still draw the half-scarred face?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
N52 was a very troubled time

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

Wasn't Finch writing AND drawing that book? How did he gently caress up and still draw the half-scarred face?

He was supposed to be half scared still. This wasn't an error. It's just incredibly stupid. He was "one face" cause the Harvey personality was dormant and big bad Harv or whatever you wanna call his bad side took over.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Elfface posted:

I actually kinda like that as some character-building for Harvey.

"What If Two-Face never got scarred? He'd still be a villain, because that's who he was. Disfigurement doesn't turn someone evil."

Well what they do instead is state he's got split personality that isn't being well medicated and that's not unreasonable for Harvey Dent, but when that's the pitch you kinda feel like there's a version where Bruce continues to do the Nice to Harvey options and Harv gets back on the meds and gets better. You have to pay off the split path if you're gonna bother.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

So as part of At&t imploding they are splitting their game studios including wb Montreal and Rocksteady. Could this affect the games in development?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Last I saw there are no specifics on which studios are being sold off or not but I doubt they sell off Rocksteady. Their entire catalog is first party properties.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Aphrodite posted:

Last I saw there are no specifics on which studios are being sold off or not but I doubt they sell off Rocksteady. Their entire catalog is first party properties.

Not true. They can always make Urban Chaos 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Vince MechMahon posted:

He was supposed to be half scared still. This wasn't an error. It's just incredibly stupid. He was "one face" cause the Harvey personality was dormant and big bad Harv or whatever you wanna call his bad side took over.
CALL ME BADFACE, BATMAN!!!