Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
And I think it’s okay!!!

Solar Opposites s2 is great. The end of 202 had me :stare:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Uch.

You two would like it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean it has Walton Goggins in it, I can’t hate anything with him

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Uch.

You two would like it.

We never agree on anything????

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
What version of Hungry Like the Wolf is in the montage of Solar Opposites 204? It's definitely not the original.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Escobarbarian posted:

Superstore finale was great. Gonna miss that show.

:hfive:

I'm doing some random rewatch of the earlier seasons. Hopefully I find something to to replace it. :smith:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

All the penis imagery in episode 3 of Solar Opposites is amazing.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I haven't watched season 2 of Solar Opposites yet but I really didn't like the wall subplot in season 1, especially the ending. I can see how people can enjoy it but it just wasn't connecting with me. It was too cynical, I just bounced off of it completely.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Escobarbarian posted:

Superstore finale was great. Gonna miss that show.

I wasn't expecting the show to make me end up feeling good at the end of an hour all about a bunch of people losing their jobs after a year of risking their health in a pandemic. But it pulled it out.

I'll be a little sadder without Superstore to be a weekly 30 minutes of smile.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
My mother in law loves trashy reality TV and has been watching multiple hours of Mama June (or whatever it's called) and this poo poo should be illegal. I won't post my thoughts on the people themselves as I would probably get probed for it, but everything about it is just gross and wrong and they have candid talking head segments with a newborn baby. Just disgusting all around.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Isn't she the one who married the pedophile who had abused her daughter, and then spent that same daughter's college fund on gifts to him? How is she able to still have a show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ron Funches is doing a weed competition cooking show on Food Network.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Man how things have changed. Anyone remember when you couldn't even say "hash pipe" on MTV?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Today I got an ad on Youtube that was about how to safely get high with edibles, so yeah, things have changed.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Chairman Capone posted:

Isn't she the one who married the pedophile who had abused her daughter, and then spent that same daughter's college fund on gifts to him? How is she able to still have a show?

Yes, and I guess she and her boyfriend got caught with crack and meth last year (she claims she spent one million on her meth habit) and now she's got a new show about her "redemption". poo poo is so so gross I feel gross for even commenting on it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yes, and I guess she and her boyfriend got caught with crack and meth last year (she claims she spent one million on her meth habit) and now she's got a new show about her "redemption". poo poo is so so gross I feel gross for even commenting on it.

There is absolutely no limit to the amount of psychological damage she did to Alana ("Honey Boo Boo") and her other children--I think even the South Park guys have said they feel terrible about the jokes they made about Honey Boo Boo--and it's absolutely disgusting to see a network trying to normalize her.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

STAC Goat posted:

I wasn't expecting the show to make me end up feeling good at the end of an hour all about a bunch of people losing their jobs after a year of risking their health in a pandemic. But it pulled it out.

I'll be a little sadder without Superstore to be a weekly 30 minutes of smile.

Superstore really hit a lot of nerves because I worked at Best Buy for 13 years. I felt similar with the finale, it really want a "happy" ending, but I'm glad it was the way it was.

I really related to both Jonah and Amy, Best Buy being a temporary job for me until I went back to school, only to never go back to school.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They were supposed to be working on a Superstore spin off but I don't know if it got picked up.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Solar Opposites S2 is so good. I really liked S1 and this is just a straight up improvement. It hits the same notes that make Rick and Morty work for me without that undercurrent of nihilistic self-loathing that drags that show down some.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I enjoyed the season overall, but I feel like Justin Roiland's one joke for anything he's involved in is "haha get it it's a TV show".

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

muscles like this! posted:

They were supposed to be working on a Superstore spin off but I don't know if it got picked up.

I thiiiink it got dropped in favor of Mr. Mayor when it was decided to re-tool that show and make it a Danson vehicle instead of a Jack Donaghy spin-off.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Timby posted:

There is absolutely no limit to the amount of psychological damage she did to Alana ("Honey Boo Boo") and her other children--I think even the South Park guys have said they feel terrible about the jokes they made about Honey Boo Boo--and it's absolutely disgusting to see a network trying to normalize her.

Mama June lost custody of her to the girl's older sister after the meth charges, and now the new series is all about her redemption story.

I think by this point A&E or TLC whoever would air a docu series about a "ex"-pedophile who decided to try and live an aspirational Christian life, with tons of dramatic stingers and cuts of him glancing or staring at children playing nearby if they thought it would make money.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

pentyne posted:

Mama June lost custody of her to the girl's older sister after the meth charges, and now the new series is all about her redemption story.

I think by this point A&E or TLC whoever would air a docu series about a "ex"-pedophile who decided to try and live an aspirational Christian life, with tons of dramatic stingers and cuts of him glancing or staring at children playing nearby if they thought it would make money.

I looked it up, loving WeTV is behind Mama June's redemption show.

Imagine being too trashy for TLC and their endless reruns of 1000lb Sisters and My 600 Pound Life and 90 Day Whatever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know if they still run it but WeTV also has multiple shows that are about groups of people where their only claim to fame is famous parents. It was literally nepotism the series.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

In this episode of Young Indiana Jones, someone gives him directions to "get on the next train to Sabella", and he misinterprets it to mean that the next train, about to leave, is the one which will take him to Sabella, rather than he should wait for the next train which is going to Sabella. That's more creative than most TV miscommunications

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I can see why he's confused

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

muscles like this! posted:

I don't know if they still run it but WeTV also has multiple shows that are about groups of people where their only claim to fame is famous parents. It was literally nepotism the series.

Yeah I think that's the "Love & Hip Hop" franchise, with at least two cities! Source: the only commercials during Law and Order are for Women's Entertainment Television's fine original programming.

There's now a show about the classiest Cabaret in Miami. Mrs. Seabass and I both made this face at first glance :stare:.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

sticklefifer posted:

I enjoyed the season overall, but I feel like Justin Roiland's one joke for anything he's involved in is "haha get it it's a TV show".

There’s a fair bit of it but there’s just so much going on I can’t really call it the one joke. The backgrounds alone in the first episode are so loaded with jokes I’m gonna have to rewatch it soon to catch them all. The time travel letters episode was great too, I liked the sci fi hijinks that weren’t just “Rick has an “I win” button at all times”.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm laughing so hard at the Emergency Urbanization episode of Solar Opposites. The random animals attacking is funny every single time.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I knew nothing about any of this beyond the original show so let me just get out a few year's worth of:

what the actual gently caress

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Oh and apparently the only guy she dated who wasn't a piece of garbage (Sugar bear) she broke up with quickly. drat, bad life choices

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I'd watch a thousand hours of Dr. Pimple Popper than another minute of that poo poo. At least people are getting medical help in that one.

Unrelated tv chat, I've watched the first seasons of Central Park and Ted Lasso. Both are really great, I'm looking forward to more episodes later this year. I didn't realize that Central Park was a straight up musical but luckily I've always enjoyed the songs in previous Loren Bouchard shows. Lots has already been said about Ted Lasso but it's overwhelmingly positive and funny and just kinda the type of show I needed to see yesterday.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Started watching Superstore. Liking it so far, but what's up with the season 1-2 jump? Ends on a cliffhanger but doesn't pick up until episode 2. First episode of season 2 couldn't have even happened chronologically. Just wondering if they bumped it from the first season or they wanted their season premiere to just be a standalone goofin' episode.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Looking at wiki, the first episode aired in August - a month before the 2nd. So I’d treat it as a stand-alone thing and that the 2nd was the season opener.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah they did an Olympics special or something

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1376534824219897862

Of these guys I would probably pick Ewan McGregor to play Obi Wan

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Hopefully Sung Kang gets to just reprise his role from the fast and the furious.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

fancy stats posted:

Hopefully Sung Kang gets to just reprise his role from the fast and the furious.

2Fast2LandSpeederous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

There’s a fair bit of it but there’s just so much going on I can’t really call it the one joke. The backgrounds alone in the first episode are so loaded with jokes I’m gonna have to rewatch it soon to catch them all. The time travel letters episode was great too, I liked the sci fi hijinks that weren’t just “Rick has an “I win” button at all times”.

really captures the madcap and oveloaded joke structure of early Simpsons. S2 was a loving joy, and only negative was that it was only 8 episodes.

e: "my gangster story keeps on getting interrupted by wolves"

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 29, 2021