Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TV Zombie posted:

who hasnt emi trained, at this point?

Charlotte. She was trained by Norman Smiley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Looks like Bobbi Tyler has joined WWE

https://twitter.com/stevieturnerwwe

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Pylons posted:

Looks like Bobbi Tyler has joined WWE

https://twitter.com/stevieturnerwwe
She'll probably live in NXT UK purgatory but as long as she's making good money to stay local good for her. Once the pandemic is over I kinda feel like the UK scene is going to explode again off the backs of Schadenfreude, Session Moth, and the wrestlers who are just sick of working for WWE

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
That's... very optimistic: I'll put it that way. The impression I get is that is the the scene is dead for a while to come: it was already on the decline when WWE were signing everyone and Speaking Out killed any interest in British wrestling for a lot of people and that's not going to change until there's a cultural shift. The RevPro YouTube/Twitch shows they've been doing have gotten like 150-200 live views: to put it into context that's below your lowest ChocoPro show and at least half to a third of their bigger shows and was significantly lower than your two YMZ streams and I think even lower than the WAVE livestreams they never really publicised and that's comparing one of the big two British promotions with a pair of microindies and a promotion that, to be polite, has seen better days. The show that had a Will Ospreay title match didn't really do any better (around 250) and that's one of your top UK stars allegedly; although one with a dodgy past. Brookes looks like he's fairly permanently in Japan now and he doesn't seem to have any interest in going back; Drew Parker (who admittedly isn't some big name star) buries the UK scene on twitter every so often now and it feels like there's very little fan enthusiasm for anything until the promotions as a collective show that they've learned things from this and the answer seems to be no.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I begrudge no one in the British wrestling desert taking WWE's blood money at this point, even though I would have loved to see Bobbi back in Japan or get a shot in AEW.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Sad news. I wanted to see Bobbi back in STARDOM, but there's no telling when that would ever happen, logistically speaking.

In happier news, it's POM DAY:

https://twitter.com/harajuku_tjpw/status/1375462693650370564?s=20

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/Kemurist/status/1375739952240058375?s=19

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
My first exposure to VENY was in the AEW women's tourney and I was instantly hooked. They're living their best life and I'm here for it

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

TJPW all English show "That's J-PW":

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1376465356177371147

quote:

Great news for international fans!

TJPW will launch an All-English show “That’s J-PW” which will stream twice a week on WRESTLE UNIVERSE beginning in April.

Start time:

JST: 11:00 AM on Mondays and Thursdays
GMT: 2:00AM on Mondays and Thursdays
EST: 10:00PM on Sundays and Wednesdays
PST: 7:00PM on Sundays and Wednesdays

The inaugural show will launch at 11:00AM JST on Monday April 12.

Each show will feature one Tokyo Joshi match, which will be held exclusively for this show, taking place in a venue without an audience.

Each show will be approximately 15 minutes in length.

“That’s J-PW” will be entirely in English, featuring English commentary by Chris Brookes and Baliyan Akki.

The wrestlers will attempt to respond to interviews in English, and the ring announcer Sayuri Namba will also call matches in English.

We believe that “That’s J-PW” will allow international fans to enjoy Tokyo Joshi even more than they already do.

Look forward to what WRESTLE UNIVERSE brings from April and beyond!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hey that's right after dynamite heck yes

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Senerio posted:

Hey that's right after dynamite
They know what they're doing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I wonder if it's prerecorded or if this is the end of the aew watchalongs

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Senerio posted:

I wonder if it's prerecorded or if this is the end of the aew watchalongs

My assumption is that they record a bunch, just on the basis that this would be cheaper.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, making people wake up for an average of 15 minutes of show per sounds like a pre-tape, which is cool and good.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah I realized that right after I posted it lmao

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Will totally watch this every week after Dynamite.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Looking to sub to WRESTLE UNIVERSE for TJPW stuff, is there a limit on account sharing? My wrassle fantasy league group shares FITE, B/R Live, WWE, Sling, and NJPW World deets as is, looking to add the joshi stuff to get eyeballs on the post-Dynamite shows.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Well that announce team and short length might finally get me to bite on a wrestle universe sub.

TJPW really catering to the “English speaking Chocopro fans that don’t already sub to TJPW” demographic, which I’m pretty sure is literally just me.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Reminder that Wrestle Universe, like basically all Japanese services, bill on the first of each month, so don't rush to subscribe right now or you'll get billed the full fee for March.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

frankenfreak posted:

Reminder that Wrestle Universe, like basically all Japanese services, bill on the first of each month, so don't rush to subscribe right now or you'll get billed the full fee for March.

Next big show to drop on there is April 1 anyway, so wait for that and subscribe when it comes out and you should be fine. (you as in anyone reading this, not frankenfreak)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Well that announce team and short length might finally get me to bite on a wrestle universe sub.

TJPW really catering to the “English speaking Chocopro fans that don’t already sub to TJPW” demographic, which I’m pretty sure is literally just me.

Hi, same situation person!

Qonas
Apr 21, 2010

TV Zombie posted:

Hi, same situation person!

Me too!!

This plus Stardom pissing me off royally means Wrestle Universe is getting my money.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

:vince:

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Koda here planting the flag, gotta love it.

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1376540464938016769?s=20

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
I love it when my changes to the forums names become prophecy.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Qonas posted:

Me too!!

This plus Stardom pissing me off royally means Wrestle Universe is getting my money.

what has Stardom done to you, my goon

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

TJPW have cracked the formula to success.

1) Make your product accessible, both in the sense of being super easy to get into but with depth that rewards people's attention, and in the sense of being very straightforward to get your hands on.

2) Work with other people well and be positive about their enthusiasms

3) Most importantly, have a bee in your company.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Insertnamehere31 posted:

And me, though this has convinced me to swap my njpworld sub to wrestle universe instead

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Lamuella posted:

1) Make your product accessible, both in the sense of being super easy to get into but with depth that rewards people's attention, and in the sense of being very straightforward to get your hands on.

4) The loving french

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lamuella posted:

I think #2 is really one of the bigger things. I liked the STARDOM show I watched but the backstage environment just seems too.. competitive in a way that I don't really feel good about supporting.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

zgrowler2 posted:

what has Stardom done to you, my goon

I can't speak for them but Stardom pissed me off by scheduling a show on the same day as the Hana Kimura memorial show

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I keep waiting for them to take credit for Kaori Yoneyama working that show as if she isn't a freelancer they keep around to develop their youngest wrestlers via death clown antics

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Lamuella posted:

You misspelled 'kaiju.' :colbert:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

OK:

Work with other people well and be positive about their kaiju

Better?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

For some reason the Stardom website doesn't remember my password so I basically have to reset it every time I want to log in. It's super annoying and I'm thinking about unsubbing. It's hard to go through with that though because I really like a lot of the wrestlers on that roster

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Have you thought about remembering your own password?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Have you thought about remembering your own password?

No one should be able to remember any of their passwords cause they should all be randomly generated strings of numbers and letters that are kept in a password locker app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

How do you remember the password for that app?